As much as some hate how this season has played out...

4 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

There's no honest reason to think he's been sitting on them just to see how the show pans out, and I certainly hope he won't change his story, which will undoubtedly handle everything that's been controversial over the last few seasons  with a great deal more nuance and proper character development. He does have thousands of pages to work with, after all.

And he can do what a show cant. He gives us our POV characters thoughts. We will know what Dany and Jaime have been thinking leading up to their decisions. There wont be anything there just for shock value. There wont be a stupid wight hunt

13 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

The majority of the backlash is because fans are furious that Dany has turned "evil". 

I assure you, good ser, this is simply not true.
The way I read most of the feedback on this forum and in media is that people are appalled at the horrendous writing. The complete disregard for script writing as a craft. The butchering of not only Dany, but several other character arcs just to fast forward to a plot point that makes no sense unless you see the journey and hear the character's reasoning for their choices.
The backlash is because the writing is so bad. 

13 hours ago, Nightwish said:

promises....he's been sitting how many years this is? on the millions he made out of this and we are left with so many wasted time they can't possible refund. 

Why would they owe anyone anything because you chose to “waste” your time? You could have stopped watching any time. Besides I have a feeling that a lot of people in this forum have spent way more time in here than they ever did watching the series;).

4 minutes ago, Nevis said:

Why would they owe anyone anything because you chose to “waste” your time? You could have stopped watching any time. Besides I have a feeling that a lot of people in this forum have spent way more time in here than they ever did watching the series;).

Not me, I only registered because that’s the end season and wanted to express my feelings for the end, I patiently waited to reach its conclusion, now anything else smart to say? 

16 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

The change.org petition for a remake of season 8 with better writers is now over 850,000 signers.  That could serve as a partial answer to your question.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers?source_location=discover_feed

It's almost 1 million already :D

14 hours ago, Winter prince said:

I'm okay with it being the end. I'm pretty sure this was the first show I've ever stuck through and this will at least give me closure. I can also live with the fact D&D and I have creative differences for how we think the show should have gone.

A mature outlook? Get him!

I am relieved it is going to be done. I want to get this out of my system and immerse myself back in the books. 

Call me a snob, but I am looking forward to having the fandom revolve around the books again.

17 hours ago, Winter prince said:

This petition stuff is ridiculous. Plus boys can sign petitions online so I dont think it's accurate 

It's just to show HBO and D&D that they ruined it. I signed and made everyone I know sign, just for the fact that I know that they will know about it and realize what a pile they ended with. Because there has been no conversation in the entire season. I hope it gets to 2m+ after next episode (Wouldn't be surprised as the leak is horrible writing) 

Nobody is expecting a new season 8 - Probably don't even want it, it's just to show disappointment.

To answer the thread, I'm happy it ends. Because EVERY Sunday this far, I thought they were going to save it, do something that made sense, explain something, but they have just created more confusion and death of character arcs in the worst possible way. So i'm glad that I dont have to be excited for a new episode every Sunday, knowing, that this will be worse than the other. 

I will get rid of HBO and boycott anything D&D touches until they are without a job, because they took 10 years of my life and threw it to shit, because they can't write. I'm amazed they even got a job after almost ruining deadpool as they did in Wolverine. (THATS HOW BAD THEY ARE!)

5 hours ago, Gertrude said:

I am relieved it is going to be done. I want to get this out of my system and immerse myself back in the books. 

Call me a snob, but I am looking forward to having the fandom revolve around the books again.

We need the next book so bad. The book forum is drowning in the same theories and nonsense for the past 8 years

2 hours ago, Winter prince said:

We need the next book so bad. The book forum is drowning in the same theories and nonsense for the past 8 years

Wait I have an idea, let's start another PL thread! Or how about Euron is actually Dario :rofl:

8 hours ago, Vanadis said:

I assure you, good ser, this is simply not true.
The way I read most of the feedback on this forum and in media is that people are appalled at the horrendous writing. The complete disregard for script writing as a craft. The butchering of not only Dany, but several other character arcs just to fast forward to a plot point that makes no sense unless you see the journey and hear the character's reasoning for their choices.
The backlash is because the writing is so bad. 

Exactly.

Like there's so much to be upset about.

If you want to talk about how foReShadowINg is so important, why did Sansa and Cersei never cross paths with each other? That's been ForeShaDoWeD since the Purple Wedding in early season 4. 

On May 17, 2019 at 2:50 PM, Winter prince said:

I'm okay with it being the end. I'm pretty sure this was the first show I've ever stuck through and this will at least give me closure. I can also live with the fact D&D and I have creative differences for how we think the show should have gone.

This, totally  

On May 17, 2019 at 12:25 PM, lakin1013 said:

The change.org petition for a remake of season 8 with better writers is now over 850,000 signers.  That could serve as a partial answer to your question.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers?source_location=discover_feed

...and it's getting the mick taken out of it all over the internet. That shit is so embarrassing, i cant even. I can cop to the fact im not super happy with how the Ds wrote this season, but im not about to throw a tanty about it. It is what it is. Ima get hyped for prequel spinoffs, and the next book. 

On 5/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, Ser Gareth said:

I'd say the winners are those that enjoy the show and don't care about the books and who have either never read them or only read through them once.  Which is by far most of the people who watch the show.

The ending was always going to be divisive and unsatisfying to a significant portion of people.  The majority of the backlash is because fans are furious that Dany has turned "evil".  Well, that's happening in the books too, whether her book fans like it or not.  It's not even that far out of character for her.  She's been doing heinous things, when emotionally upset, since the first book.  And the line "wake the dragon" has been there since the very beginning.

The show didn't do enough build up to show her dragon being woken (in fact a downright shit job), but it is there all the same.  Her best friend being murdered in front of her, one of her most trusted advisers betraying her, her most trusted adviser keeping things from her, her losing a child (dragon) and finally the person she is in love with rejecting her when she needed him most.  She snapped, like she has done several times before, and this time she went nuclear.

This sums up stuff fairly well for me.  With one change - i enjoyed both the books and the show.  Plus the extra written materials.  Including fan materials like the 'Race for the Iron Throne' chapter-by-chapter commentaries, as far as they have gotten.  I'm looking forward to the prequel and being able to read WoW.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, lakin1013 said:

That s a joke right?

On 5/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, lakin1013 said:

850k ain't shit lmao do you know how many people watch GoT?

Buncha salty nerds. It's The Last Jedi all over again.

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

No. Why?  It now has over one million signees.

Because when has a change.org campaign done anything, let alone Chang day tv show? Never. Same as it will this time.

I felt physically sick watching the last couple of episode, and it was much worse back during season 6 and 7.

I thank the non-existing gods that this travesty is over and I do hope that the entire ASoIaF adaptation franchise dies with it.

Let's move on to something that has some depth. Star Wars, say ... oh, wait a minute!

On 5/16/2019 at 5:43 PM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Will you still be sad to see the show end and wish it would continue on ? or are you happy for it to end now after being disappointed.

I personally don't know what I'm gonna watch at the end of my Sunday night shift...  whenever I forgot it was on ( night shift can do this) and realised its Sunday  I've got a GOT ep to watch when I get home I would get so hyped.

What's left the repetitive Walking Dead I suppose...

I already dropped the Walking Dead after Carl died. 

Game of Thrones I'm happy it's gone now. I might miss it at some point, but know I can always read the books if I get a hankering. 

Archived