As much as some hate how this season has played out...

Will you still be sad to see the show end and wish it would continue on ? or are you happy for it to end now after being disappointed.

I personally don't know what I'm gonna watch at the end of my Sunday night shift...  whenever I forgot it was on ( night shift can do this) and realised its Sunday  I've got a GOT ep to watch when I get home I would get so hyped.

What's left the repetitive Walking Dead I suppose...

I'm okay with it being the end. I'm pretty sure this was the first show I've ever stuck through and this will at least give me closure. I can also live with the fact D&D and I have creative differences for how we think the show should have gone.

When it was announced we'd have to wait two years for the final season I was a bit apprehensive, but when it's gone it's gone. It's not like waiting for next Sunday to come. 

If you need your fix, there will be prequel series (I think) and possibly new books if George Martin doesn't die first. 

23 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Will you still be sad to see the show end and wish it would continue on ?

Nope. I'm happy to see it come to an end, like a loved one on life support.

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

The change.org petition for a remake of season 8 with better writers is now over 850,000 signers

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Well, I guess since the Star Wars 8 remake petition. It's just a show, people.

Just now, Anthony Pirtle said:

Nope. I'm happy to see it come to an end, like a loved one on life support.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Well, I guess since the Star Wars 8 remake petition. It's just a show, people.

This petition stuff is ridiculous. Plus boys can sign petitions online so I dont think it's accurate 

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlondIncompatibleAdeliepenguin-small.gif

I SAY LET IT DIE! LET IT DIE, LET IT DIE, LET IT SHRIVEL UP AND- who's with me?

I am with you. That was enough. Probably it should have ended two seasons back. Or three or four or never have started without GM having finished the books to see where this thing was going. But honestly I am fed up with all of this "GOT" craziness. 

Now I want to relax, get a pop corn and read the reactions for the END. 

3 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

I am with you. That was enough. Probably it should have ended two seasons back. Or three or four or never have started without GM having finished the books to see where this thing was going. But honestly I am fed with all of this "GOT" craziness. 

Now I want to relax, get a pop corn and read the reactions for the END. 

There was once a glorious time that GRRm thought he was going to stay ahead

Just now, Winter prince said:

promises....he's been sitting how many years this is? on the millions he made out of this and we are left with so many wasted time they can't possible refund. 

23 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Will you still be sad to see the show end and wish it would continue on ? or are you happy for it to end now after being disappointed.

I personally don't know what I'm gonna watch at the end of my Sunday night shift...  whenever I forgot it was on ( night shift can do this) and realised its Sunday  I've got a GOT ep to watch when I get home I would get so hyped.

What's left the repetitive Walking Dead I suppose...

It's a watered down version of the tale (not necessarily a terrible thing considering the serious decline in quality with AFFC and, especially, ADWD) but I'm pleased to finally be getting some closure after over 20 years of waiting.

9 minutes ago, Winter prince said:

That wasn't realistic on his part. There were 6 years between AFfC and ADwD, and his books were just getting longer. At best I expected TWoW to be in stores in 2017 and ADoS in 2023, and I don't think anyone expected the show to run into the next decade. I still hope that TWoW will be announced, if not released, before the end of this year. 

Let it end and go away. This tv end, which I wanted so very much, is awful.  Not awful because of the characters but awful due to the writing. 

But what an interesting situation. It is all about the END and not some of the well-done previous seasons.  Many of us read and loved the books but Martin did not write the end.  We waited and waited for the author to end his story, but it did not happen.  D&D come along, and many of us thought - at least we get an ending.  Well, what is happening in the show cannot be how Martin planned it, or D&D have written it so poorly that, in translation, it looks nothing like what Martin had in mind.  So, for those of us who 'got' an end, many hate the final season.  For those of us tired of waiting for the books, 'too bad, so sad'.  The winners are readers who never picked up the books and tv watchers who never turned on the show. 

3 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

That wasn't realistic on his part. There were 6 years between AFfC and ADwD, and his books were just getting longer. At best I expected TWoW to be in stores in 2017 and ADoS in 2023, and I don't think anyone expected the show to run into the next decade. I still hope that TWoW will be announced, if not released, before the end of this year. 

That's beyond a long shot in my opinion.  I've long held the suspicion that GRRM is waiting to see how the TV show ends so that he can ensure that the books are vastly different in the major plot points as well as minor characters.

Couple this with he can now gauge what others think of the ending and I think there is probably a few years of rewriting for TWOW before it is released.

2 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Let it end and go away. This tv end, which I wanted so very much, is awful.  Not awful because of the characters but awful due to the writing. 

But what an interesting situation. It is all about the END and not some of the well-done previous seasons.  Many of us read and loved the books but Martin did not write the end.  We waited and waited for the author to end his story, but it did not happen.  D&D come along, and many of us thought - at least we get an ending.  Well, what is happening in the show cannot be how Martin planned it, or D&D have written it so poorly that, in translation, it looks nothing like what Martin had in mind.  So, for those of us who 'got' an end, many hate the final season.  For those of us tired of waiting for the books, 'too bad, so sad'.  The winners are readers who never picked up the books and tv watchers who never turned on the show. 

I'd say the winners are those that enjoy the show and don't care about the books and who have either never read them or only read through them once.  Which is by far most of the people who watch the show.

The ending was always going to be divisive and unsatisfying to a significant portion of people.  The majority of the backlash is because fans are furious that Dany has turned "evil".  Well, that's happening in the books too, whether her book fans like it or not.  It's not even that far out of character for her.  She's been doing heinous things, when emotionally upset, since the first book.  And the line "wake the dragon" has been there since the very beginning.

The show didn't do enough build up to show her dragon being woken (in fact a downright shit job), but it is there all the same.  Her best friend being murdered in front of her, one of her most trusted advisers betraying her, her most trusted adviser keeping things from her, her losing a child (dragon) and finally the person she is in love with rejecting her when she needed him most.  She snapped, like she has done several times before, and this time she went nuclear.

5 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

That's beyond a long shot in my opinion.  I've long held the suspicion that GRRM is waiting to see how the TV show ends so that he can ensure that the books are vastly different in the major plot points as well as minor characters.

Couple this with he can now gauge what others think of the ending and I think there is probably a few years of rewriting for TWOW before it is released.

There's no honest reason to think he's been sitting on them just to see how the show pans out, and I certainly hope he won't change his story, which will undoubtedly handle everything that's been controversial over the last few seasons  with a great deal more nuance and proper character development. He does have thousands of pages to work with, after all.

Archived