As much as some hate how this season has played out...

On 5/18/2019 at 6:22 AM, lakin1013 said:

Well, what is happening in the show cannot be how Martin planned it, or D&D have written it so poorly that, in translation, it looks nothing like what Martin had in mind.  

I believe they translated it as well as they could for TV, considering that GRRM himself is purposely hiding the underlying story's message.

ASOIAF is about the need to protect children from the cycle of trauma and abuse, or it continues on. Every character's ending in the show perfectly matches the direction they were taking in the books. I have written a series of posts demonstrating that here: https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/154628-asoiafs-overall-theme-the-protection-of-children-starting-with-sandors-arc-and-his-threefold-death-i-will-show-it-to-you/

Only Sandor's is fully in-depth, the rest I have just shown the skeleton of. But although D&D couldn't do it in the same layered, rich way GRRM could in prose, they told the story in a way it *is* possible to see it clearly.

Obviously it is a bit sad that it is over (but hey, the books aren't!) but I'm quite glad that it is over. But I wouldn't mind if we knew what is the future of some of the characters. While some stories seem kinda closed (Sam, Jon, kinda Arya and kinda Bran), I'm curious about if Brienne ever falls in love with someone again, if Tyrion marries someone (he's the only remaining Lannister), if Sansa marries someone and so on. But no, this is not me asking for a sequel with zombie Dany as the archvillian.

Archived