"The true enemy... brings the storm"

Ilissa

S6E10: "The true enemy won't wait out the storm. He brings the storm." Is it Jon's foreshadowing about Daenerys Stormborn? Not only the Night King was the true enemy? The Night King brought an ice storm, and Daenerys brought a fire storm?

As we know, Martin has said that the title of A Song of Ice and Fire was inspired by the poem "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Now it makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Of course, Dany is not the enemy of mankind, as Others. But her dragonfire brought great destruction.

And maybe Jon "his is the song of ice and fire" should stop both threats - ice and fire?

I'm fairly sure that that quote is just referring to the Long Night as an unpreventable force of nature. Fire and ice likely represent a great number of things in ASOIAF. In regards to Jon, I think that he represents the unification of ice and fire, (not just because of R+L). He's able to lead using both level headed pragmatism (ice) while also adhering to morality, passion and a sense of honor(fire).

1 hour ago, Aurane said:

He's able to lead using both level headed pragmatism (ice) while also adhering to morality, passion and a sense of honor(fire).

Sure, "ice and fire" have several meanings. And one of them may be: pure Ice is Others and they are dangerous, but pure Fire - dragons - are also dangerous. Dragons were needed to defeat the Others, but in the end they are also dangerous to the world.

Archived