Is Cersei going to be remembered as the Martyr Queen now?

Kaguya

14 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Everyone seems to have collective amnesia about her blowing up the Westerosi equivalent of the Vatican. So maybe they'll just forget about Dany's burninating soon enough. :P

People in Westeros don't know she blew up the sept though. Only the viewer and a few people who are dead now.

1 minute ago, T and A said:

People in Westeros don't know she blew up the sept though. Only the viewer and a few people who are dead now.

Hot Pie told Arya she blew up the sept. If one cook in the Inn at the Crossroads knows, then everyone knows, or at least it's heavily rumoured.

I mean, it's going to look the teensiest bit suspicious if the queen is on trial for heinous crimes, and then next thing you know the sept is blown up and she becomes queen regnant of the Iron Throne. 

Considering how the Sparrow movement was only popular because of its providing relief to the poor, you have to wonder why there wouldn't be a massive revolt in King's Landing, considering the people rioted when they were food insecure in Season 2. 

This is the problem with Cersei. She's dragged out as a threat for two seasons while we have no idea what her small council and court looks like, and what her people and lords actually think about her. She'd have been run out of King's Landing in five minutes, and if not, Dany could have easily taken her out at the beginning of Season 7.

Probably not. A martyr is someone who dies for their convictions. The Lannisters surrendered, and she got killed anyways. She may be remembered as a victim, but a martyr is a stretch.

21 hours ago, Kaguya said:

The Queen that tried to stop a tyrant from invading and slaughtering innocent people? The Queen that died a heroic death in the red keep, not giving into the mad kings daughter? 

It just depends on who writes the histories, now doesn't it?

outside of the common folk still alive in kings landing i really doubt the rest of the common folk elsewhere give a crap about the kings landing massacre. 

commoner 1 "hey bob you here about the poor suckers in kings landing?"

commoner 2 "yeah that sucked, glad I wasn't there.  So how do you deal with this pest in your crops?"

aaaand thats about it i'd guess.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:44 AM, CrypticWeirwood said:

Bran knows. Or can, if he cares to look.

By people, I mean the common folks. The question was, why Cesei was still in power after she blew up the sept. The answer is rather simple: no one in KL, who could overthrew her, knew about it. Now, it does not matter anyway. She is dead.

As Vaith says, it would have been obvious to everyone that Cersei did it. The fact that she not only got away with it, but also managed to get crowned king (without any blood claim to the Throne) without any opposition is another testament of the show's absurd writing these past seasons.

Archived