This ending is nothing but Bitter

iRapture

Bran on the Throne with a Council at his hands? Tyrion either dead or alive on the council, depending on which ending they air with. Oh they're going with him Alive. 

I cant see anything worse at this point. I am utterly disappointed by the whole wrap up of the show. 

Jon goes to the Wall as punishment for killing Dany. 

Fuck this show. fuck fuck and more fuck.

I saw the spoilers and OMG, this end is not bitter, its a total crap. 

And since we are talking the end here are the spoilers where nothing makes sense:

Spoiler

Really if this is the end, I wish them good luck abandoning the planet earth. Tyrion's council is for laughs. The characters are totally out of place. And a tree is governing Westeros. 

:rofl:

Perhaps after all this is comedy. Or a parody of itself. 

I can pretty much guarantee a lot of people are going to be bitter.

None of the heroes are quite the people we thought. But we were constantly warned from start to finish in the shows and the books

Stannis was always a complete shit. People loved him because they really get a kick out of groveling to an authoritarian who burns people alive multiple times before getting to his daughter. There are three pyres ready in the books and one of them has Shireen's name on it. Book Stannis is going to murder Theon and fake Arya as well. But the wannabe dictator bootlickers just loves them their Stannis because he is so many (or something).

Brienne was never quite the 100% warrior maid. Of course she was going to get Jamie in the end and of course he was going to let her down and go back to his sister. It can't be Tyrion strangles her because that is what Cersei expects and the trope requires the subject of the prophecy causing it to become true. I expect we will see that the books will have a nod to the ending of Lando Mollari in Bab5 and Jammie will strangle her to death to avoid the flames but otherwise as in the show - Danny causes Cersei to die with Jamie.

Even Arya is not entirely the ninja assassin. Climbing the Wierwood tree and leaping out at the NK at the last moment is going to turn out to be pretty much the end of her assassin career. I expected book Arya to be saved from the assassin trade by the Hound in the end.

We are lured into thinking Danny is the rightful queen despite the strong hints that Jon is going to have a stronger claim from the start. Bastards are never bastards and Jon's first words are that he isn't a Stark. But even setting aside Jon's claim, the only Targarians only ruled because they had dragons. The right of kings was never more than the right of the sword and in this case control of the only WMD.

What I want to see from the books is not how it ends, I was pretty sure that Cersei and the NK would both come to a pointy end and that Danny would get Nyssa-Nyssa'd at some point. What I want to see is answers to questions like why the dragons became small and stunted. It seems that the maesters had something to do with that. Maybe they had something to do with the doom of Valyria as well.

42 minutes ago, hallam said:

I can pretty much guarantee a lot of people are going to be bitter.

None of the heroes are quite the people we thought. But we were constantly warned from start to finish in the shows and the books

Stannis was always a complete shit. People loved him because they really get a kick out of groveling to an authoritarian who burns people alive multiple times before getting to his daughter. There are three pyres ready in the books and one of them has Shireen's name on it. Book Stannis is going to murder Theon and fake Arya as well. But the wannabe dictator bootlickers just loves them their Stannis because he is so many (or something).

Brienne was never quite the 100% warrior maid. Of course she was going to get Jamie in the end and of course he was going to let her down and go back to his sister. It can't be Tyrion strangles her because that is what Cersei expects and the trope requires the subject of the prophecy causing it to become true. I expect we will see that the books will have a nod to the ending of Lando Mollari in Bab5 and Jammie will strangle her to death to avoid the flames but otherwise as in the show - Danny causes Cersei to die with Jamie.

Even Arya is not entirely the ninja assassin. Climbing the Wierwood tree and leaping out at the NK at the last moment is going to turn out to be pretty much the end of her assassin career. I expected book Arya to be saved from the assassin trade by the Hound in the end.

We are lured into thinking Danny is the rightful queen despite the strong hints that Jon is going to have a stronger claim from the start. Bastards are never bastards and Jon's first words are that he isn't a Stark. But even setting aside Jon's claim, the only Targarians only ruled because they had dragons. The right of kings was never more than the right of the sword and in this case control of the only WMD.

What I want to see from the books is not how it ends, I was pretty sure that Cersei and the NK would both come to a pointy end and that Danny would get Nyssa-Nyssa'd at some point. What I want to see is answers to questions like why the dragons became small and stunted. It seems that the maesters had something to do with that. Maybe they had something to do with the doom of Valyria as well.

You're aware that it's been confirmed that D&D just lazily copy-pasted Jon Connington burning King's Landing due to his greyscale + bell PTSD onto Dany? We aren't pissed because the endings aren't happy enough, we're pissed it doesn't make sense.

Let's go through each example:

Stannis burns traitors and in the books, cannibals. He's definitely no saint, but he definitely wouldn't burn his daughter. In the books because it's impossible (he's near Winterfell, she's at the wall), and in the show, it was possible, but executed hackishly (D&D believe that subversion of expectations means 'have Stannis say 'I love you Shireen I'd never burn you'' thousands of times more than usual then turn around and go 'lol, kidding, onto the pyre you go''). Personally I think Shireen's gonna be burnt by Mel and Selyse in the books, but whatevs. The point is, it's not the destination which is stupid, it's the journey.

Brienne isn't the core issue with her and Jaime's arc, but rather Jaime is. I can understand him regressing and going back to Cersei in the end, but sitting down and smugly saying 'I never cared for any of them, innocent or not', when he literally smeared his entire reputation to save King's Landing pre-character development, is just next level 'you didn't expect he'd ever say it so we made it happen'.

Arya... for one, no, she didn't climb a weirwood or anything of the sort, D&D just wanted a live-action anime moment. And honestly, yes, if there's anyone to make Arya turn away from violence, it'd be the Hound. You know why? In the books, the Hound remained a pacifist.

And finally, Daenerys. I fully believe Daenerys would go insane. In ADWD, she rage-quits Meereen when it needs her the most because she's lost her patience, hangs around in the Dothraki Sea having delusional dreams and mistaking dysentery for period blood. She's well on her way to becoming a mad queen. Show Daenerys, however, has only ever shown extreme violence to threats to either her person or her sovereignty. Killing slavers and people you're at war with/refuse to surrender is a far cry from, upon hearing the news that you've won, going apeshit and killing civilians who pose zero threat because bells, I guess.

As I said, the burning of King's Landing is likely JonCon's action in the books, but Dany can plausibly become a mad queen in the books. In the show, she's always been a well-intentioned, but brutal, egotistical, and entitled person. Letting loose on civilians because she can just doesn't quite work without a transition into said mindset.

44 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I don't know about you, but I'm excited for the twist reveal on the Inside the Episode where Dan and Dave expose themselves as complete hacks and laugh in the audience's face for actually believing in their ability as writers.

If D&D for the inside the episode just laughed and said we have been screwing with the book fans because we know the show fans will fill in the gaps of our lazy ass writing. We just used this as a launching point for our careers and we have been ready to move on for 4 or so years.

I would actually have a bit more respect for them.

Just now, btfu806 said:

If D&D for the inside the episode just laughed and said we have been screwing with the book fans because we know the show fans will fill in the gaps of our lazy ass writing. We just used this as a launching point for our careers and we have been ready to move on for 4 or so years.

I would actually have a bit more respect for them.

Yeah, if they were anything other than disingenuous, I would consider that a worthy twist that would satisfy me.

6 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Stannis burns traitors and in the books, cannibals. He's definitely no saint, but he definitely wouldn't burn his daughter. In the books because it's impossible (he's near Winterfell, she's at the wall),

Oh my poor summer child.

1) Three pyres = three victims.

2) Melissandre has sent a package to Stannis from the wall

2 minutes ago, hallam said:

2) Melissandre has sent a package to Stannis from the wall

Oh, I don't recall that. I thought the three pyres were for Theon Greyjoy, Jeyne Poole and Asha Greyjoy.

When was said package sent? Was it mentioned in Mel's POV chapter or something?

33 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

You're aware that it's been confirmed that D&D just lazily copy-pasted Jon Connington burning King's Landing due to his greyscale + bell PTSD onto Dany? We aren't pissed because the endings aren't happy enough, we're pissed it doesn't make sense.

Stannis burns traitors and in the books, cannibals. He's definitely no saint, but he definitely wouldn't burn his daughter. In the books because it's impossible (he's near Winterfell, she's at the wall), and in the show, it was possible, but executed hackishly (D&D believe that subversion of expectations means 'have Stannis say 'I love you Shireen I'd never burn you'' thousands of times more than usual then turn around and go 'lol, kidding, onto the pyre you go''). Personally I think Shireen's gonna be burnt by Mel and Selyse in the books, but whatevs. The point is, it's not the destination which is stupid, it's the journey.

Brienne isn't the core issue with her and Jaime's arc, but rather Jaime is. I can understand him regressing and going back to Cersei in the end, but sitting down and smugly saying 'I never cared for any of them, innocent or not', when he literally smeared his entire reputation to save King's Landing pre-character development, is just next level 'you didn't expect he'd ever say it so we made it happen'.

Arya... for one, no, she didn't climb a weirwood or anything of the sort, D&D just wanted a live-action anime moment. And honestly, yes, if there's anyone to make Arya turn away from violence, it'd be the Hound. You know why? In the books, the Hound remained a pacifist.

And finally, Daenerys. I fully believe Daenerys would go insane. In ADWD, she rage-quits Meereen when it needs her the most because she's lost her patience, hangs around in the Dothraki Sea having delusional dreams and mistaking dysentery for period blood. She's well on her way to becoming a mad queen. Show Daenerys, however, has only ever shown extreme violence to threats to either her person or her sovereignty. Killing slavers and people you're at war with/refuse to surrender is a far cry from, upon hearing the news that you've won, going apeshit and killing civilians who pose zero threat because bells, I guess.

As I said, the burning of King's Landing is likely JonCon's action in the books, but Dany can plausibly become a mad queen in the books. In the show, she's always been a well-intentioned, but brutal, egotistical, and entitled person. Letting loose on civilians because she can just doesn't quite work without a transition into said mindset.

Oh damn lol

I forgot all about Jon Connington's bell PTSD.

I always assumed that Dany just completely decimates Norvos (Norvos is famous for having three bells that govern life in the city) and that D&D copy and pasted it into King's Landing for...reasons.

But no, you're mistaken. Daenerys really did have her period in the Dothraki Sea. The blood was coming from her vagina not her anus. Reread the chapter. Why else would the front part of her thighs be slick with blood. And I think Daenerys would know the difference between woman's blood and actual blood.

8 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

But no, you're mistaken. Daenerys really did have her period in the Dothraki Sea. The blood was coming from her vagina not her anus. Reread the chapter. Why else would the front part of her thighs be slick with blood. And I think Daenerys would know the difference between woman's blood and actual blood.

Well I mean, period blood is actual blood, but regardless of if that part is delusional, she still irresponsibly ragequits Meereen and ends up dreaming like a crazy oracle in the middle of the Dothraki Sea. She's much more likely to go full Aerys than show-Dany.

I really don't like the idea of Bran becoming king. But then again....I do prefer Bran over Jon since Jon got no business being on the iron throne. Bran at least has the wisdom of the three eyed raved. Jon's got nothing except traits that have been proven to not automatically make a good king like ''bringing people together''(like Robert), and typical Ned Stark traits that have long been proven detrimental to one's ability to rule. 

3 minutes ago, Daemon of the Blacks said:

I really don't like the idea of Bran becoming king. But then again....I do prefer Bran over Jon since Jon got no business being on the iron throne. Bran at least has the wisdom of the three eyed raved. Jon's got nothing except traits that have been proven to not automatically make a good king like ''bringing people together''(like Robert), and typical Ned Stark traits that have long been proven detrimental to one's ability to rule. 

The show hasn't given any possible reason why anyone, not even the Starks, would want Bran as king, let alone how he could be fostered on the rest of the country.  Some dude in a wheelchair who dreams all day, and once in a blue moon wakes up to say some cryptic, indecipherable BS, but never provides any actual, useful data from all the dreaming and visions?  ? 

3 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Well I mean, period blood is actual blood, but regardless of if that part is delusional, she still irresponsibly ragequits Meereen and ends up dreaming like a crazy oracle in the middle of the Dothraki Sea. She's much more likely to go full Aerys than show-Dany.

I completely disagree.

The Targaryen family is said to have escaped the Doom of Valyria because one of the Targaryens, a girl named Daenys Targaryen, had a series of dreams regarding the future. Her father believed her and moved the entire household to Dragonstone. Hence, that's why the Targaryens were the only dragonlords left in the world. One of the most famous books within the ASOIAF series, Signs and Portents, was written by Daenys Targaryen. Only a few pages of the book can be found; Tyrion wants to read that book.

Are Bran and Jojen crazy in regards to their green dreams? Why is Bran gifted but Daenerys crazy?

Daenerys barely escaped her own Red Wedding; if Robb Stark escaped the Twins with Grey Wind, would you say that he is irresponsibly rage-quitting the Tully-Stark kingdom.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The show hasn't given any possible reason why anyone, not even the Starks, would want Bran as king, let alone how he could be fostered on the rest of the country.  Some dude in a wheelchair who dreams all day, and once in a blue moon wakes up to say some cryptic, indecipherable BS, but never provides any actual, useful data from all the dreaming and visions?  ? 

Like I said, I don't particularly like the idea of Bran becoming king, but at least having visions is at least some point in his favor. And he's got relatives in important positions. Edmure in the riverlands(if he didn't simply die off screen), Robin in the Vale and Sansa in the north.

That said its a really strange idea narrative since Bran is kind of a secondary character and none of his plots were really about ruling. Even as a little kid that did have emotions, dreams and aspirations Bran wanted to be a knight rather than a king. I think Prophet Bran would be pretty bad at PR too which could lead to an Aegon III type of kingship.

I like those endings. I've already come to accept that the Lannisters won't be around past the "end", at least not in the non-Tyrion version, but I find many other parts really nice. In particular as it would annoy a friend of mine to no end. And with that I can live with lossing the Lannisters. :D

20 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Daenerys barely escaped her own Red Wedding; if Robb Stark escaped the Twins with Grey Wind, would you say that he is irresponsibly rage-quitting the Tully-Stark kingdom.

If he doesn't finish the war he started, yes, he's being irresponsible. It's understandable, but irresponsible. As for Daenys the Dreamer... correct or not, she was nuts. My main point is, Daenerys in the books has countless prophesies of betrayal and greatness, dreams and dysentery, loads of shit that could drive a person nuts. Show Daenerys has simply been merciless to enemies when that would be expected of her and looked a little fruity at a feast.

Edit: As for Bran in the books, he's almost certainly intended for a dark path given that in the books, it's established that Hodor is fucking cowering in the back of his own mind when he's skinchanging into him, but he doesn't care because he likes having legs. He even considers using Hodor to kiss Meera and show her physical affection. Meanwhile Jojen is inconsolably depressed the last time he was seen in the books. Once again, much more believable that one or both would snap in the books than the emotionally sterile show.

10 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

If he doesn't finish the war he started, yes, he's being irresponsible. It's understandable, but irresponsible. As for Daenys the Dreamer... correct or not, she was nuts. My main point is, Daenerys in the books has countless prophesies of betrayal and greatness, dreams and dysentery, loads of shit that could drive a person nuts. Show Daenerys has simply been merciless to enemies when that would be expected of her and looked a little fruity at a feast.

Edit: As for Bran in the books, he's almost certainly intended for a dark path, while Jojen is inconsolably depressed the last time he was seen in the books. Once again, much more believable that one or both would snap in the books than the emotionally sterile show.

So, let me get this straight.

Daenys the Dreamer has magical powers that enables her to save her House from complete annihilation and she is nuts?

Robb Stark started the War of the Five Kings?

Daenerys Targaryen, like her ancestor, has magical powers that enable her to see the future and make her very sensitive to other forms of magic that are enough to drive her crazy?

Bran Stark is intended for a dark path which then means that he will take and then fully commit to said dark path?

Intriguing....

Archived