Chances of Martin hiring a team of writers?

clayton8432

What do you think are the chances of Martin hiring a team of writers to cover a lot of stories, houses, people, places we've heard about? Like something to Star Wars where they're always pumping out novels. He's created such a complex world with so much potential. I'd love to read a novel about Sothoros, or the traveler that went west of Westeros, or just more about Westeros. 

Of course this is completely George R.R. Martin's choice since it is his world.

How was The World of Ice and Fire written. Didn't he give some notes to Elio and Linda and they wrote some of the parts of the book? Maybe it could work like that, give some notes he has on some of the houses, lets say Stark, and have some writers expand on it. 

On 5/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, clayton8432 said:

What do you think are the chances of Martin hiring a team of writers to cover a lot of stories, houses, people, places we've heard about? Like something to Star Wars where they're always pumping out novels. He's created such a complex world with so much potential. I'd love to read a novel about Sothoros, or the traveler that went west of Westeros, or just more about Westeros. 

Of course this is completely George R.R. Martin's choice since it is his world.

It can be too much of the good stuff.

3 hours ago, ShimShim said:

How was The World of Ice and Fire written. Didn't he give some notes to Elio and Linda and they wrote some of the parts of the book? 

Piecing together his notes/writings with some of their own words and new world building are two completely different things. 

I was not under the impression that @Ran created characters, places or new story lines (which one would have to do in order to tell some of these side stories) in order to expand this universe.

I took it as they edited and pieced together already written passages and/or information to create TWOIAF with GRRM .

:cheers:

[mod] The question has already been answered so the thread is moot. A reminder to all users who made now-deleted posts: no show talk in the book forums. At all. [/mod]

Archived