Just imagine if Euron has the [Book spoilers] how better the battle would have been

Kaguya

If they had built up the fantasy elements organically into the story, then yeah, that might have been a much better execution than the Scorpions. If they just shoved that in there... not so much. Would have been even hammier than he already was. Silly pirate with a magic flute. It would have also been really really redundant of losing the other dragon to the NK so recently.

I've said elsewhere, even in the books, Euron is a silly late addition to the story after Joffrey left an evil hole in the universe. At his best, 'magic' Euron belongs in a Pirates of the Carribean movie. I don't think he ever could have been executed well in the show without it being completely different in every way from episode 1.

Euron is one of the biggest wastes. Even if they toned him down in terms of ambition the show would have benefited immensely from making him interesting as opposed to a transparent plot device. 

The bizarre part is that in his first scene he was very close to book Euron's portrayal- Coming across as sharp, intimidating, and mad with a God Complex. Then in the next scene he is portrayed utterly differently like a drunk uncle who is extremely simple and fairly incompetent. Then starting season 7 he comes across as a jovial troll who is competent and motivated largely by affection of the masses/cersei. 

I can understand reeling his goals way back, but having him be a consistent character would have helped a lot. Hell if you introduced the horn you could have avoided needing to use magical ballistas. 

On the show, Euron had the great introductory scene, "I am the first storm and the last" and oh boy it's been all downhill from there. It's a real shame as I think the actor portraying Euron, Pilou Asbaek, could have handled going the full Dark Lord instead of just being a violent sleaze reduced to existing only to prop Cersei up. The end of Cersei's arc was also a disappointment but that's another topic

9 hours ago, Unknownfinger said:

On the show, Euron had the great introductory scene, "I am the first storm and the last" and oh boy it's been all downhill from there. It's a real shame as I think the actor portraying Euron, Pilou Asbaek, could have handled going the full Dark Lord instead of just being a violent sleaze reduced to existing only to prop Cersei up. The end of Cersei's arc was also a disappointment but that's another topic

Exactly what I mean, it is so weird that they gave him that initial dark lord scene then were like "nah". The actors totally fine, the writing though, yikes.

Archived