I’m going to miss this show

There has been criticism both fair and unfair for a while now. But, GOT has been the best thing I’ve seen on television. Despite it not finishing strong, it will still be sorely missed. There’s nothing else like it. I’ve heard people say such and such show is better and whatnot. But, these people are only lying to themselves. How many tv shows do you spend years debating with fans on the internet about? For me, it GOT and nothing else. I imagine I’m not in the minority on that. It started stronger than it finished, but it was great fun and highly unlikely we will see anything like it for quite some time. I will enjoy the finale and try not to bitch too much when it doesn’t meet our expectations. I hope that, despite the flaws, most people will appreciate this series.

I agree, it has been phenomenal entertainment. All the theorizing and speculation and outrage and argument has been entertaining. It has been magnificent, spectacular entertainment at its best and at its worst it is still engaging. 

That's all it is though- entertainment. Treat it as such and you won't all be so disappointed. Enjoy the ride one last time, life will still give you plenty of disappointment, frustration and misery if you really want it.

For sure, theres been a drop of in quality and that happens to most shows once they get 4-5+ series deep but its still been massively entertaining. I felt the last three episodes of this series are terribly written, make little sense, are rushed and betrays most of the characters but i've still really enjoyed watching them.

Itll go down as one of the greatest shows ever because not many shows can replicate what GOT has done for sure. hopefully it finds a way to go out with a bang (in the positive sense) tonight that turns this season around somewhat. theres a few shows I still prefer to GOT (Sopranos, breaking bad, the Wire, Fargo) but they are all different and that's not a bad crowd to be lumped together with anyway is it?

I agree. Despite the quality of the last two seasons, I really am going to miss this show. It's very rare I get so into a show and so close to the characters of the show that I end up watching the entire thing through. It will definitely be missed.

Samesies.

I've got a thick layer of emotion surrounding me as well (half Targaryen rage because reasons) but it's nice that this site isn't ending as well...prob a good 22-23 years until the final book is released.

12 minutes ago, Table8 said:

At this point I will only miss Preston Jacob’s “episode watch” YouTube videos.

And OzzyMan's...

Those 2 every episode have kept me sane at times.

I completely agree. Despite the missteps made in the last couple of seasons, this still feels like the end of an era for me. I'm forever grateful for being immersed into this wonderfully complex World with it's equally complex characters. Sunday nights just won't feel the same after this.

18 minutes ago, Table8 said:

At this point I will only miss Preston Jacob’s “episode watch” YouTube videos.

I'll probably miss more the community around this show than the show itself since I consider to be mediocre/bad since season 4.
I'll miss the clever reviews and reminisce the expectations I had for some moments and reveals, not the disappointment that came after though.

I'm gonna miss it and will always go back to it. But they did so well in the first 4 seasons taking the time to properly develop everything and then rushed the whole point of the series in the last 2 seasons. That's backwards as heck. I blame the showrunners there.

But I enjoyed all the seasons, its just the ending fell flat. There were things I liked about it obviously it's just how it was written.

Archived