U.S. Politics: You Didn't Think It Would Be So Easy, Did You?

Jace, Extat

48 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

making it look like she slurs her words, either because she’s had a stroke or is stoned on meds or just drunk, and they have flooded social media with the videos.

Drudge has been doing this for years.  Did it with Hillary too.

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Given your title, you shouldn't test the unknown, like seeing what happens when you fight a silly Caucasian girl who likes to play with Samurai swords.

I don't know where you got some fool notion that I couldn't fight with the top of my skull missing. But I'm about to treat you like my own personal Cillian Murphy, so learn to get comfortable with a bag on your head.

Jace- :read:

Tywin- :tantrum:

Jace- :shocked:

:idea:

Tywin- -_-

DMC- :bs:

Tywin- :rolleyes:

Zorral- :commie:

Jace- :agree:

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::whip:

Tywin- :o

DMC- :stillsick:

Zorral- :stunned:

The Sun- :crying:

8 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Well, I think it is clearly time to take away the farmers' welfare. They deserve the nobility and dignity of work, as Paul Ryan would put it. Get their lazy asses into an Amazon warehouse. And take away their food stamps. I mean, I saved money, I should not have to subsidize these lowlifes. The grasshopper and the ant or something. 

God that got me fired up when I read it like four hours ago. Fuck YEAH! Gimmie more of that, baby!

7 hours ago, Zorral said:

I dunno.  The midwest farmers are supposed to get the money directly, as individuals, not funneled through agencies.  In the meantime, they are unlikely to have crops this year anyway, because of the rain, flooding and the rest of the terrible weather.  They've not planted either wheat or corn in Oklahoma, Nebraska and Illinois.  So they're gettin' a twofer out of our taxes.

That is going to make some people who suffered so much in the crash, the small business people, the people who lost their houses, and who received no bailouts.  Which is why they voted for him in the first place.  But if the farmers get bailed out yet again, those voters may desert him too.

What I'm getting out of this is exclusively good news. Is that a bad reading on my part?

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I don't know where you got some fool notion that I couldn't fight with the top of my skull missing. But I'm about to treat you like my own personal Cillian Murphy, so learn to get comfortable with a bag on your head.

Tywin- -_-

Your emoji allegory is trash compared to the one I did in the Westworld thread when I destroyed the BIRD!

I mean, I even had the gun monkey kissing her when she was beaten bloody.

43 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

‘Looks up Westeros restraining ordets’

So are those “restraining ordets” for me, for turning a small fight into a nuclear holocaust, the gun monkey for sliding in afterwards and kissing you, for Jace for always trying to stealthily touch  your tail feather, or all of the above?

28 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Nothing on Trump giving Barr unprecedented power to declassify whatever he wants tied to the start of the Russia investigation? Sad. This country sucks.

Did you think this wasn't already happening? 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Did you think this wasn't already happening? 

Yes. There was no order giving anyone authority to declassify. This order gives Barr the ability to declassify over the objections of the Intelligence Community and it's as his discretion which means he'll declassify what makes Trump's position stronger and leave classified what doesn't. This is on the back of Trump calling 4 people traitors after being reminded that the punishment for treason is death. So yea, I think it's a pretty big deal given what we know about Barr.

20 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yes. There was no order giving anyone authority to declassify. This order gives Barr the ability to declassify over the objections of the Intelligence Community and it's as his discretion which means he'll declassify what makes Trump's position stronger and leave classified what doesn't. This is on the back of Trump calling 4 people traitors after being reminded that the punishment for treason is death. So yea, I think it's a pretty big deal given what we know about Barr.

Of course it’s a big deal, but what I’m asking is did you not think this has been happening for a while now? Barr has made it unmistakably clear that the law means nothing to him, and this is not new.  Look at how he behaved when he was H.W.’s AG. This was always the plan for him. It’s the old underwear gnomes shtick. Trump has a beginning and an end. Barr’s job is to fill in the gaps, and he’s always had free reign to do so. By any means necessary.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Of course it’s a big deal, but what I’m asking is did you not think this has been happening for a while now? Barr has made it unmistakably clear that the law means nothing to him, and this is not new.  Look at how he behaved when he was H.W.’s AG. This was always the plan for him. It’s the old underwear gnomes shtick. Trump has a beginning and an end. Barr’s job is to fill in the gaps, and he’s always had free reign to do so. By any means necessary.

Maybe it was always the plan. The point is it hadn't happened yet. At no point had Trump given anyone the ability to declassify outside what was in the Nunes memo last year. This is new and whether it was the plan or not, it has happened and it's a big fucking deal. That's the only point I'm making.

I said a little more than a week ago that there was about a one week window to sell stuff in your portfolio. There was a bounce for a few days, but now the Dow will be closing down for the fifth week in a row.

It’s never too late to put part of your portfolio in cash!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's meeting with the CEO of Gilead, inquiring as to why the HIV prevention medication that costs $8 dollars in Australia is $1800.00 per pill here -- his answer was that it was under patent prevention.

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ceo-people-dying-drug-gilead-hiv-truvada-oday-1428239

Just now, it's breaking news, that her efforts with this unconscionable mess means that this medication is being taken out of patent protection a year earlier and a much less expensive generic will be released.

https://www.healio.com/infectious-disease/hiv-aids/news/online/{62f21440-4f18-44cd-b0c9-fb011c28f531}/gilead-says-generic-truvada-will-be-available-in-2020

An effective legislator, evidently.

21 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Maybe it was always the plan. The point is it hadn't happened yet. At no point had Trump given anyone the ability to declassify outside what was in the Nunes memo last year. This is new and whether it was the plan or not, it has happened and it's a big fucking deal. That's the only point I'm making.

Look I agree it’s a big deal, but your comment is missing one key word: publicly. This was always the plan. The fact that it’s now public means they likely already have something to play with.

When understanding this Administration, assume what you think is the worst and then move it even two steps further and you might be where it actually is.  

7 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Tywin- -_-

God that got me fired up when I read it like four hours ago. Fuck YEAH! Gimmie more of that, baby!

What I'm getting out of this is exclusively good news. Is that a bad reading on my part?

9 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

You need farmers to grow the food you eat, folks.

And in the meantime, Trump continues his bald lie about ‘and China’s paying for it’.

Apparently staff in the WH have told Trump farmers aren’t stupid and they’re getting mighty pissed off every time he says it.

Meanwhile, on the Pelosi front, Trump’s comments about Pelosi being a sick woman who is unable to perform her job (‘did you see those hand movements?!’) has apparently influenced some of his supporters to post slowed-down versions of her speeches, making it look like she slurs her words, either because she’s had a stroke or is stoned on meds or just drunk, and they have flooded social media with the videos.

Sometimes I just loathe your country so very much.

Well, it'd be interesting to see where these subsidies are going.  Yeah, some of the food we eat comes from Midwestern states, but a lot of it is just exported, or corn for ethanol.  Your broccoli and tomatoes and shit probably aren't coming from Nebraska.

The manipulating video speed is something we've already seen when Acosta lost his press privileges 

Believe it or not most of us here aren't too stoked on how our country is functioning right now.  Most of us didn't vote in this administration.  

------

I fully endorse Jace's new format as a thread review/critique tool.  

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Your emoji allegory is trash compared to the one I did in the Westworld thread when I destroyed the BIRD!

I mean, I even had the gun monkey kissing her when she was beaten bloody.

Bruh. When you're talking to the Queen, don't peacock. 

For God's sakes man you sound like show Euron. I remember your Westworld post. It was nice. But don't ever forget who showed you the true power of the emoji narrative or I'll take your other eye.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

I really don't understand these things.  Guess I'm not a visual learner.  But happy to be mentioned!

I think if anything it could be called expressive storytelling. The emoji version of pantomime.

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's meeting with the CEO of Gilead, inquiring as to why the HIV prevention medication that costs $8 dollars in Australia is $1800.00 per pill here -- his answer was that it was under patent prevention.

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ceo-people-dying-drug-gilead-hiv-truvada-oday-1428239

Just now, it's breaking news, that her efforts with this unconscionable mess means that this medication is being taken out of patent protection a year earlier and a much less expensive generic will be released.

https://www.healio.com/infectious-disease/hiv-aids/news/online/{62f21440-4f18-44cd-b0c9-fb011c28f531}/gilead-says-generic-truvada-will-be-available-in-2020

An effective legislator, evidently.

Ocasio-Cortez did not have anything to do with the settlement agreement between Gilead and Teva that allows a single generic from Teva to be allowed on the market a year ahead of schedule.  Teva will have a period of exclusivity, 6 months, where it will be the only generic on the market.  Generally, in this situation, the price drop is modest, maybe around 20%.  After this period is up though, other generics can enter and their should be a substantial drop in price.  The period of exclusivity awarded to Teva is to encourage generics to challenge big pharma patents.  The settlement agreement between Gilead and Teva was entered into in 2014, well before Ocasio-Cortez began her career.

The reason these settlements happen between big pharma and generics is because of the risk to big pharma that they will lose a challenge to their patents, which can cost them many years of patent term and tens of billions in profits.  To reduce or eliminate that risk, they instead come to a settlement agreement with the generic, who also eliminates the risk of losing their challenge and getting nothing.

This type of litigation and settlement with generics is standard in the pharma industry.  At one point, big pharma was paying generics tens of millions to hundreds of millions just to stay off the market.  Due to antitrust enforcement actions over the past several years, they've scaled it back a bit and are instead entering these types of agreements to shorten patent term by the minimal amount they can get away with, where they can argue that consumers are better off than before (but potentially not as much if the case actually went to trial).

Drug pricing in the US is broken, so I'm glad she is bringing it up.  But she had nothing to do with Gilead giving up a year of the patent.

34 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Bruh. When you're talking to the Queen, don't peacock. 

But then how else will you notice?

Also, is this a sign of a return to the PQJ era? Your Cro-Magnon lover's arm has been reattached, though he still must conqueror a jaguar, a bull and an always questionable to return Marcus Mariota.  

For God's sakes man you sound like show Euron. I remember your Westworld post. It was nice. But don't ever forget who showed you the true power of the emoji narrative or I'll take your other eye

My story was clear. People are confused by yours, though I believe I get it. That said, they do say imitation is the greatest form of flattery, so thank you.

:P

Trump's constant chaos allows important stories to get over looked. Tran's rights have taken a beating this week:

On Friday, the Trump administration unveiled its long-awaited assault on transgender patients, unveiling a draft rule that permits health care providers and insurance companies to discriminate against individuals on the basis of their gender identity. It marks the third time this weekthat the administration has rolled back federal protections for trans people, after allowing health care workers to refuse treatment for trans patients and homeless shelters to turn away trans people. The proposed rule, written by the Department of Health and Human Services, also permits providers to discriminate against women who seek care after obtaining an abortion.

Trump’s HHS has been crafting this policy for years in an effort to exclude trans people from the Affordable Care Act’s Section 1557. That provision bars most health care providers and insurance companies from discriminating against patients on the basis of sex (among other things). It incorporates the definition of sex discrimination used in various civil rights laws, most notably Title IX, which applies to educational institutions. The Obama administration enacted a rule interpreting Section 1557 to protect transgender people, explaining that discrimination against a patient who transitions from one sex to another is, by definition, sex discrimination. But on the last day of 2016, U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor issued a nationwide injunction blocking the rule, ruling that sex encompasses only “biological differences between males and females.” (O’Connor has since gained notoriety for his decision holding that the entire Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional.)

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/trump-administration-releases-plan-to-let-health-care-providers-refuse-to-treat-transgender-people.html

Archived