[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

“The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if he normal rules of the forum do not apply. Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand -- this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.

So. This was the last point on the list of bad writing they hadn't ticked off yet...

70 frickin' minutes of exposition sold as "dialogue", my a***! *THAT* was painful.

That off my chest, edited to add:

I liked Drogon melting down the throne - for I was right about that, just the circumstances were different. On the other hand, I always thought this was easy to predict.

The rest of Daeny's "closure" - just disappointing, laughable even. She sounded part Hitler, part ISIS, stir well and add other stereotype evil dictator to taste... God, I thought Fantasy was past "evil orcs" and "chicks in chainmail". *sigh*

One thing I liked was Brienne as King's Guard, and the small council meeting was a moment of respite from cringing.

Bottom line, there's no need to get S8 on DVD, my personal version concludes with the Night King breaking the Wall - and perhaps, in a couple months, when the pain finally subsides, I'll think of an ending I would have liked, with characters getting somewhat more satisfying endings to their arcs.

You know what, Dany dying in Jon's arms reminded me of that one truly emotional scene of Spartacus wife dying in his arms and he cries while rocking her back and forth, and you can just feel the absolute despair he was feeling.
What a great show that was, from beginning to the end.

They say they are sending Jon to the NW to stop a war with the Unsullied who are all on a boat to the Summer Islands. Lol. When Jon & company go beyond the wall they shut it for reasons. Lol. At least he pet Ghost. I yelled at the screen "pet the puppy ". I guess all things said it could've been worse. Not much though.

They had a guy whos story arc of being shit on from the start was only matched by Daenerys knife the woman he loves and his reward is to fuck off into the snow forever whilst little Miss "But Arya killed the NightKing" rules as Queen in the North. The only thing stopping Jon from being king of Westeros was a promise made to the unsullied ?? are you actually serious about this shit D&D. The prize for biggest betrayl was Sam, gets his friend into hot water by pushing him to be King then the moment said friend gets captured he completely abandons his support for him and wants some kind of medieval democracy. This was extremely dire and I'm not talking about the wolf.

Ok, let's rant:

Benioff and Weiss: if you knew Bran was going to be the king, why the fuck do you screw him in all ways possible the last 5 years.

You never let him feel any emotion even before season 7:

-Jojen died for Bran's mission, how does he feel? We dont know

-Hodor died, Summer, the animal he shared body and mind with died. How does he feel?

-He has so many skills, he can enter animals, he can watch secrets that no one knows, why did you not let him become a player of the game of thrones just like his predecessor? (On that note, they fuck Bloodraven. They should have let the audience know about his identity).

-How did you cut him for one entire season?

Worst season in the show by far.

GOT's strength (and ASOIAF in general) is how big the world felt, the shift in perspective through having severals protagonists in different places.Putting all of them at the same place was a failure, the bad plot obviously didn't help but you could see in the finale how they tried to give closure to everybody's storyline and ended up having not much happen aside of Dany's death and Bran being crowned.

I know they needed to cut off cast members but by season 8 it felt like the World of Westeros was dead, something you don't feel while reading the books.

Wasn't bad again felt rushed but that was to be expected... wasn't expecting Bran to be named... thought Jon would be surely forced into it.

Nice that they have all parts of Westeros led by a Stark insuring peace for aslong as they all live or remain ruling.

Not sure why the Wall was rebuilt and why the Nights Watch is needed and surely for future peace, dividing the 7 Kingdoms from the Wildfolk is a bad idea long term... 100 years from now.. will the Wildlings want to see whats beyond the wall.. have bit of it, grass is always greener on the otherside king of thing surely mingling would be a better idea.

Dialogue was crap however the acting was good especially Tyrion.

Did the Dothraki just cease to exist?  I know the unsullied were offered land but chose to sail to the isle, but the Dothraki just disappeared End game style... maybe they followed their Queen/Drogon.

Dany's death and impact felt very questionable, I expected a bit more from it tbh.. it all went way to smoothly.. she was forgotten as quickly as she was dispatched of.

Despite what she did last episode I felt saddened to see her killed, I would have preferred she was just overthrown but she would never had settled for anything less than the throne.

8/10

Umm, so can someone explain the last scene to me?

Jon, just said fuck it, and broke his oath again to live up north?  I mean north north.

They have all of that land in Brandon's gift, and they still kick all of the wildlings north of the Wall?  Did Donald Trump write this episode?

Archived