[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

Well at least Jon finally acknowledged Ghost, otherwise this was possibly the worst finale of anything I've ever seen on TV that was not ultra low budget.

I hope Disney is paying attention to the utter dogshit ending devised by Dumb and Dumber and pulls Star Wars away from them. Not that this latest Trilogy hadn't already finished it off for real fans....

So disappointed. There were a couple cool scenes. It was nice to see some characters that have been MIA. And that's the only bright spots for me. The dialogue was not inspiring, and that was a tremendous let down. I expected better on that front. Overall, I actually thought it was boring. I can't even be mad about it. I just feel sad and disappointed.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’ll save my rants for tomorrow because YAWN. 

But the leaks were spot on, and it was still so fucking underwhelming and stupid. 

LOL

So glad this mess has come to an end.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be based on the leaks, I'll start by saying that. But the episode doesn't clean the sour taste I have from the rest of the season. 

Positives:

Stark children get a positive ending

Brienne gets a positive ending

I guess that is the "sweet" part of the bittersweet

Negatives:

Bronn becoming Lord of Highgarden. How on Earth are the people of the reach going to accept him as their lord? Beyond that, I haven't seen any credentials in the show for him to be made Master of Coin. If anything he's the last person I'd choose because of his history of being an opportunist.

Saint Tyrion continues to be whitewashed and yet again ends up becoming the hand of the King again for the third time.

Where did Sam get the experience to becoming Grandmaester of the "six kingdoms"?

The council to choose a King and the meeting afterwards were a complete jokes. For a second I almost thought it was a youtube parody of the show with all the jokes.

If Greyworm and the Unsullied are heading to Naath then what was the point of Bran appeasing their vengeance? He can easily turn back on them when they leave. That whole discussion was a major plot hole.

And Bran is going to find Drogon and then what? 

3 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Worst season in the show by far.

GOT's strength (and ASOIAF in general) is how big the world felt, the shift in perspective through having severals protagonists in different places.Putting all of them at the same place was a failure, the bad plot obviously didn't help but you could see in the finale how they tried to give closure to everybody's storyline and ended up having not much happen aside of Dany's death and Bran being crowned.

I know they needed to cut off cast members but by season 8 it felt like the World of Westeros was dead, something you don't feel while reading the books. 

Exactly this. I hate how dead the world felt. It was like a parody of GOT. Just flat and void of any substance.

Just now, Queen‍‍‍‍‍‍ Alysanne‍‍™ said:

Bronn becoming Lord of Highgarden. How on Earth are the people of the reach going to accept him as their lord? Beyond that, I haven't seen any credentials in the show for him to be made Master of Coin. If anything he's the last person I'd choose because of his history of being an opportunist.

Because D&D really like Bronn. That's the answer. It's pretty ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Queen‍‍‍‍‍‍ Alysanne‍‍™ said:

Saint Tyrion continues to be whitewashed and yet again ends up becoming the hand of the King again for the third time.

Yeah, that is pretty atrocious.

Checking in on the final edition, I'm still weirded out.

First observations:  St. Tyrion gets most everything he's wanted, and I guess.......Drogon declared Jon to have committed justifiable homicide? 

I just need it all to sink in still.  And, damn, can I be mad at the damn brothel jokes at the end?  A little? 

1 minute ago, Frey family reunion said:

Umm, so can someone explain the last scene to me?

Jon, just said fuck it, and broke his oath again to live up north?  I mean north north.

They have all of that land in Brandon's gift, and they still kick all of the wildlings north of the Wall?  Did Donald Trump write this episode?

LOLOLOLOL

Maybe I’ll rant a bit tonight after all. My thoughts exactly. He’s “sentenced” to rejoin the NW and immediately deserts? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it’s too fucking stupid for words. I didn’t see Jon kill Dany, I fell asleep. Don’t care either. But I am super curious... what was the super duper awesome twist that was going to be so super duper awesome about the Isle of Faces? Nothing? REALLY? LOL

3 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I hope Disney is paying attention to the utter dogshit ending devised by Dumb and Dumber and pulls Star Wars away from them. Not that this latest Trilogy hadn't already finished it off for real fans....

I *would* say SW is dead and at least even D&D can't do any more damage there, but... I have a baaad feeling about this.

I might be wrong.

So,

- How does Bran have a better story than everyone else and how is him being a magical telepath who studied under a blackfire north of the wall going to be a story that the masses of Westeros get on board with

- how are the unsullied going to start a house!!! I guess they'll adopt heirs

- so the small council is full of a bunch of buddies goofing around, this is potentially disastrous, but at least they bigger the realm in a fun light-hearted way

- winter comes to Kings landing in time to make Danny's house of the undying version accurate and then disappears in two weeks 

- no body in Westeros cares that Tyrion just gave one of the 6 kingdoms to a low born cutthroat

- no one's cares that the 6 kingdoms will no longer receive taxes from the north, succession can just be decided over a working lunch I guess, somebody let Theresa May know

- Arya joins political meeting to immediately threaten to kill others 

- lords moronically discover democracy and then come up with the dumbest reason it wouldn't work

- Jon leading the wildlings north is important enough to be the last scene

- Drogon conveniently disappears 

- The political status quo is retained but with a ruler who has magic powers. Not commenting at all on the system of government itself

- none of the other kingdoms think to leave the seven kingdoms after the North just politely bows out, why pay taxes to the capital when you can simply not

- Drogon is enraged and directs his anger at furniture 

- Dothraki disappear without comment

- Unsullied sail to Naath, I suppose to continue the cycle of violence by murdering the oppressors Missandei mentioned

Archived