[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

So they threw Sandra a bone for turning her into Jeyne. And she ended as she began. And in a weirwood tree dress after breaking a weirwood tree promise.

Don’t you know, rape and torture make you awesome and strong, and you get treats. :ack:

D&D should have just left after season 3 or 4 and leave it to someone who cared...

What a shitshow, the one episode that could do without comedic relief... I mean the season is a disaster, last 4 seasons are disasters but the episode in itself is a disaster also. F it.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

LOLOLOLOL

Maybe I’ll rant a bit tonight after all. My thoughts exactly. He’s “sentenced” to rejoin the NW and immediately deserts? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it’s too fucking stupid for words. I didn’t see Jon kill Dany, I fell asleep. Don’t care either. But I am super curious... what was the super duper awesome twist that was going to be so super duper awesome about the Isle of Faces? Nothing? REALLY? LOL

And as it turns out, there was no big reveal about the Night's King?  Or are they saving that for the next cash grab that GRRM is getting a producing credit on?

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Checking in on the final edition, I'm still weirded out.

First observations:  St. Tyrion gets most everything he's wanted, and I guess.......Drogon declared Jon to have committed justifiable homicide? 

I just need it all to sink in still.  And, damn, can I be mad at the damn brothel jokes at the end?  A little? 

How is jon not mad at sansa? what was the point of r+l=j? jon is sentenced to the NW but ends up running away with the wildlings? really? why didn t the unsullied kill jon and tyrion?

So, do we think the people that put official bets in on Bran as King...........a long time ago will get a big payoff, or does the lack of IT and it being down to 6 kingdoms change anything?  Ha, the bookies and gamblers are liable to start a mob war.  hahahahahaha  Add in Sansa as Queen of The Weirwoods, and well........Vegas must be mess. 

16 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

They fucking named that book A Song of Ice and Fire. This is the biggest and pettiest "fuck you" not only to GRRM but to book AND show fans

I almost already forgot the horror of their A Song of Ice and Fire.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh 

Wow, no wonder I'm weirded out.  The whole thing was a weird conglomeration of the leaks, with some stupid shit in between, and almost skits of old bits.  It is WEIRD. 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:46 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Don’t you know, rape and torture make you awesome and strong, and you get treats. :ack:

Yeah, they gave her the tiara she wanted in the beginning as hush money for losing her own story that they so ridiculously took from her. They even made her thank them for what they did to her.

In a good story, something with such deep thematic meaning like breaking a weirwood promise would never be rewarded. Once again, she turned her back on what being a northerner is all about.

Also, for some background, this was after the Santa Fe meeting:

In a convention panel this year, George said on the record that he had no idea what they were doing with Sansa or where they’re taking her storyline, which now makes sense perhaps. He was not pleased when he was talking about it, so who knows what’s going to happen with her! Knowing GRRM, that could mean they’re going off the canon reservation, and/or that they’re going to be making a lot of shit up.

https://starkalypse.com/post/87703459951/might-be-useful-to-keep-in-mind

4 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

And as it turns out, there was no big reveal about the Night's King?  

We should eagerly await for the Outside the Episode to get some “answers”. 

What a joke...

Why would Daenerys leave Tyrion alive long enough for Jon to talk to him, if it was at all as realistic as the first 1-4 seasons she would've killed him the moment he threw away his hand of the Queen pin. Why would the unsullied not kill Jon, who told them Jon killed her , Drogon flew away with her in his talons. Why wouldn't Jon run or even walk straight away to his own men and secure his position. If Jon cared enough about his sisters and the realm to stab Daenerys then his first thoughts should've been to ensure he survives to protect them all. He must have just walked up to one of the unsullied guards and been like...erm did you hear that sound, it was just me stabbing our Queen. Wtf was with Drogon destroying the one symbol of power in Westeros randomly, I'm hoping D&D were tryin to suggest that it was Daenerys last wish she communicated to Drogon through their bond, otherwise it was incredibly corny and random.

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOLOL  So, do we call it ridiculous that Tyrion actually DUG OUT Jaime and Cersei's bodies?  I almost forgot about that, OMG!! 

Yes, Tyrion is a cadaver dog now. He went straight for the right spot, moved two bricks, and voila! :D

Drogon decided Dany being murdered was not a reason for him to go ballistic, because...

Unsullie d army wait for a decision for what to do with the person who murdered their beloved queen, because...

Tyrion also gets a pass.

Sam is a grand maester since when.

also the huge army of Dothraki and unsullie d who seem to be breeding uncontrollably since being wiped out by the undead.

Just left bored by it all.

7 minutes ago, Jaime the Goldenhand said:

- none of the other kingdoms think to leave the seven kingdoms after the North just politely bows out, why pay taxes to the capital when you can simply not

Right, this didn't make any sense. In any situation like that Dorne would be the first to call for Independence if it was given to the North so easily. It's literally in their House words. But I guess I keep forgetting that the country at the south of Westeros in the show isn't really Dorne.

Just now, Ser Sinister said:

So if all it takes is a declaration, why doesn't Dorne just secede from the 7, I mean, 6 Kingdoms? I need some time to digest the rest of this...this season has been disappointing.

because this is a Stark show. they wanted all the best ending for the Starks.

11 minutes ago, Nami said:

I'm gonna miss Drogon. I felt so bad for him. Truly.

I felt more more Drogon than I did any of the human characters. I don't think that's the way it was supposed to work....

Just now, Ser Sinister said:

So if all it takes is a declaration, why doesn't Dorne just secede from the 7,

If the North seceded that easily then it makes sense for Dorne to secede. Since it. like the North, is the most culturally different from the rest of Westeros.

1 minute ago, TimeKills said:

Drogon decided Dany being murdered was not a reason for him to go ballistic, because...

Unsullie d army wait for a decision for what to do with the person who murdered their beloved queen, because...

Tyrion also gets a pass.

Sam is a grand maester since when.

also the huge army of Dothraki and unsullie d who seem to be breeding uncontrollably since being wiped out by the undead.

Just left bored by it all.

None of that makes sense in the show.  Drogon always went ballistic when Dany was threatened, and Dany's devoted soldiers would surely have avenged  her death.

Archived