[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

Oh God this episode :rolleyes:. If you look at it from an entire comedic perspective I am sure that there is some enjoyment to be found.

Things to rant about off the top of my head...

- Is it me or the unsullied multiply with every passing episode?

- All through Dany's speech all I could think of was if she was wearing a microphone.

- Last episode Drogom was literally exploding buildings with dragon fire but it takes him more than one attempt to melt a pile of old swords

- How does everyone knows Jon was the one who killed Dany? Or the idiot confessed it? After all Jon's idiocy is among the most consistent characterisation done in this show.

- Grayworm is so considerate for someone who was going on a killing spree in the same episode. So he finds out Jon murdered his queen, supresses the murdering streak he has been going through lately and instead summons the lords and ladies of the 7 kingdoms,  while he waits for ALL of them to make the journey (or do they teleported?) to tell them what?...that he wants to kill Jon. Why not kill them beforehand? Not to mention that Jon is kept well fed and unharmed. 

- How much time has passed? Reconstruction at KL seems to be going at a super speed. 

- Why is people listening to Tyrion? He is a kinslayer and traitor.

- Oh look is the new prince of Dorne

- So they elected a King that can't father children. Because that won't create a succession crisis by any means  What happens if clever Saint Tyrion is not there when Bran dies to tell them what to do?

- So Sansa just claimed independence for the North and all the other representatives are like ok chill no problem

- A Song of ice and fire....this is just a big middle finger to us book readers isn't it?

- Lord Bron of Highgarden and Lord paramount of the reach. Enough said.

- So Sam is grand maester now? Did he take Gilly and the kids with him to the Red Keep? They must have reform the maester vows offscreen same as with all important events and conversations the writers were too lazy or stupid to write

- There is some clever commentary to make about how metha it was to hear Jon asking if the Night's Watch was still a thing but am too tired from all this subversion to think about something

- So the Dothraki are off to a peaceful existence in Nath. I like to think the butteflies kill them and the unsullied.

- The design of Sansa's crown bothered me for some reason. What happened to iron and bronce being the materials of winter? OTOH Winter seems to amount to some snow and one long night so I guess is cool.

- So Jon deserts the NW? Why is there still a NW?

I look forward to read all the rants in this thread!

21 minutes ago, NRW94 said:

Ok, let's rant:

Benioff and Weiss: if you knew Bran was going to be the king, why the fuck do you screw him in all ways possible the last 5 years.

You never let him feel any emotion even before season 7:

-Jojen died for Bran's mission, how does he feel? We dont know

-Hodor died, Summer, the animal he shared body and mind with died. How does he feel?

-He has so many skills, he can enter animals, he can watch secrets that no one knows, why did you not let him become a player of the game of thrones just like his predecessor? (On that note, they fuck Bloodraven. They should have let the audience know about his identity).

-How did you cut him for one entire season?

It pissed me off that Tyrion mentioned Bran going north of the wall and didn't mention that Hodor, Meera, Jojen and Summer went with him. Also, show 3ER isn't bloodraven they said he was 1000 or something

So it wasn't a fantasy... and it wasn't history... it was just... what.

The dullest thing. Long periods of nothing happening. Like a dozen bits of dialogue total (mercifully since it's so bad, but super lazy).

All the drama and life sucked out by reducing everyone to one forced note. No one would watch this again, all the journeys were pointless.

5 minutes ago, Gaius Gracchus said:

If Cersei and Jaime had just moved 5 feet to the right, they would've lived also hahaha

Hahaha,, and I forgot about that, too.  Was it me, or did it seem there was too much of the Red Keep left tonight anyway. 

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

If the North seceded that easily then it makes sense for Dorne to secede. Since it. like the North, is the most culturally different from the rest of Westeros.

why didn t everybody just separate?

They have no reason to follow bran… Each region should just have become independent again.

13 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

So I guess Bronn just showed up at Highgarden and said, guess what guys, Tyrion and Jaimed made me the ruler of you, and everyone just said, sure why the hell not?

And then to prove that Tyrion is still the khal of bad advice he then recommends Bronn to be the Lord of Coin?

Westeros society is just too tribalistic yet in order to something like the show is implying to work. It's more likely some noble lord from the Reach would try to start a war against Bronn than actually accept he's their new Lord. Same way, nothing prevents some son of Gendry saying "hey, my father was meant to be King, I want to be King, fuck your council".

This is the kind of realism GRRM wrote about, not "rapes and gore". Realistic societies. Imagine if someone just suddenly self-proclaim King or Queen of the United States? Or Mexico? Or France? You think people will say "well, ok, I like monarchy, so let's go"? 

I’m still trying to understand how could it be all so completely stupid, and I’m talking about the 1/3 I was awake for. Gods be good...

So, the Unsullied are going to Naath? The most awesomest fighting force, these unstoppable warriors are going to Naath... because? 

10 hours ago, SeanF said:

None of that makes sense in the show.  Drogon always went ballistic when Dany was threatened, and Dany's devoted soldiers would surely have avenged  her death.

Yeah, that has to be the worst coup plot ever.

D&D could have wrote an interesting plot that involved a coup to remove Dany.

But, I guess they spent all their time thinking about how to give Bronn HighGarden and master of coin, so he could advocate for publicly funded brothels or something.

Just now, divica said:

They have no reason to follow bran… Each region should just have become independent again.

They forgot the iron islands are their own kingdom again aswell so it really should've only been 5 kingdoms left before Dorne leaves too

So the whole Eddard kept the secret of Jon’s parentage a secret was much ado about nothing.  He is the rightful king but he goes off with the wildlings.  Jon is probably most as home with them but what is the point of his big secret parentage then?  Shit writing.  Not feeling Bran as king, Tyrion as Hand...again, or Sansa as Queen in the North.  

9 minutes ago, Gaius Gracchus said:

If Cersei and Jaime had just moved 5 feet to the right, they would've lived also hahaha

They needed some of Arya's plot armor. She didn't even get slightly singed, even though people not more than 5 feet away from her are now charred corpses.

8 minutes ago, divica said:

Well, I think Dorne, like the North, is much more culturally different than the rest of Westeros and would be more likely to split.

That said, it certainly would have made sense for each region to become independent again.

The voting thread is closed for some reason so I suppose I'll post here. 

I feel like a reoccurring theme for D&D is to start the episode out strong & then let it fall flat. Do they get bored part way through & just start doing random stuff? 

Anyway what I liked:

- Tyrion finding Jaime's hand. I still don't buy into Tyrion giving two shits about Cersei but he loves Jaime. 

- Tyrion throwing off his hand pin. About time someone stood up to that maniacal bitch. They have been pussy-footing around with her for too long. 

- Tyrion & Jon in the cell. Tyrion's pep talk was on point. Almost like the Dinklage of old. 

- Jon killing Dany. I thought that whole scene was done well honestly & my heart broke right in two when Drogon whined & nudged Daenerys. Melting the throne was a nice touch also. 

- Arya & Jon's farewell was emotional & sad.

- Arya telling Yara if she talks about killing her brother again she would alit her throat. 

Pretty much after Dany died the episode sank. There were a few moments that I enjoyed but other than that it didn't make a lot of sense.

So Jon kills Dany & the unsullied lock him to wait for... What? For all his family to get there? Why wouldn't they just kill him?

They have to sentence him to the NW bc the Unsullied say so but then the Unsullied leave so why doesn't someone like, I don't know, HIS BROTHER the King pardon him? Or HIS SISTER the Queen in the north? Makes no sense

Tyrion: you have to go to the NW

Jon: there's still a NW? 

Tyrion: yeah, cuz reasons. 

Jon: ok, sounds legit.

What in the world do they need a Nights Watch for? They made nice with the wildlings & the others are gone! Also the damn NW is gone! There is no one left. Hey Jon you just go be the NW alone m'kay?

Bran gets to be King because he knows the history & tells stories & stuff. Got it. 

Sam get to be Grand Maester because ...  Well just because. 

Sansa : yeah, yeah Bran will be a great King for you all but the North can't bend the knee anymore because we fought the NK! 

Everyone else: Yep, makes sense.

WHAT?! why would everyone not have said they all want to rule themselves?? 

Arya is an explorer now. Why not. 

All the wildlings waited at the wall for Jon? I mean of course they did, how else was Jon going to finally get Ghost?  Ok then.

Andtricked ya! Actually Jon isn't going to be in the NW at all, he is going to be part of the free folk. 

The Kings council was absurd. Brienne being KG makes sense I suppose & Davos is the man so I won't bitch about him being there but why does Bronn get to be a member of the KC? Just silly.

Honestly, all in all, it wasn't as bad as I expected. It wasn't great but I quit expecting greatness from this show long ago. 

Tyrion wants Jon to kill Dany because Dany kills people, and killing is bad. Tyrion wants Jon to kill Dany for the good of humanity because Dany kills people for the good of humanity. Tyrion is sure that killing Dany will create a better world order because Dany is sure that killing people will create a better world order. Dany’s problem is that she never questions that her own actions are in everyone’s best interest, so she needs to be killed for what Tyrion never questions is everyone’s best interest. Hmmm...

Archived