[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

I’ve cancelled my HBO subscription. The end. Goodbye.

Ok, some ranting, one last time:

• A totally unsatisfying conclusion. There was no point to Jon Snow’s parentage, from absolutely no perspective, other than, as some have said, to create a wedge with Dany. I really have no idea what he was doing at the end. And Ghost should have eaten his face.
  • And we never got an answer as to why the White Walkers kept making that round symbol. Because whatever, who gives a fuck, amaright?
  • What is the purpose of the Night’s Watch now? Against whom are they guarding the Wall?
  • I wonder how people will explain “the foreshadowing” that Arya was going to become an explorer, and she decides to go WEST. Once again, the show doesn’t care about book lore. Goodbye Arya, it was nice knowing you.
  • The Great(ish) Council was a terrible joke: Davos is apparently a great lord of Westeros; Brienne is apparently a great lady of Westeros, except she’s then the LC of the Kingsguard. Sam is a great lord of Westeros, except he’s then a maester. So he didn’t marry Gilly? Arya is a great lady of… you get my drift. Hey look it’s the Prince of Dorne, and a bunch of other great lords the show has no time to even introduce. Let’s make one last mockery of Edmure Tully instead.
  • So the Iron Throne is gone, the North is telling everyone else to fuck off, but all the other great lords of the rest of Westeros are just wanting another monarch to rule over them. The Iron Islands is fine with this, Dorne is fine with this, the Vale, the Westerlands. And they go with Bran, whom they acclaim as Bran the Broken, because it has a nice ring to it. Barely a debate was necessary. I don’t dispute the merits of giving the rule to someone with magical abilities than can literally learn from the past and, presumably, impart that knowledge. But, yet again, the show has no time to give us any meaningful dialogues, because instead we get a scene of Tyrion arranging chairs followed by some truly awful dialogue. (If anyone needed any more proof about what hacks D&D are)
  • I suppose it makes sense for Bronn to be lord of Higharden, when, apparently, the Reach, the most populous region, is entirely devoid of people!!! WTF. Is Oldtown ok? What happened there?
  • When Sam unveiled the book’s title, I nearly threw my drink at the TV. Those words have no business appearing in this show. Ever.

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, that has to be the worst coup plot ever.

D&D could have wrote an interesting plot that involved a coup to remove Dany.

But, I guess they spent all their time thinking about how to give Bronn HighGarden and master of coin, so he advocate for publicly funded brothels or something.

If Jon was going to kill Dany, it would have made more sense for him to know that he was sacrificing his own life in the process.

Even Caligula's assassins were put to death by the Praetorian Guard.  Unless a coup comes from within the army, they're going to react very badly to their commander in chief being murdered.

The white horse from 805!!! LOLOLOLOL

Another thing that was gonna be another super duper awesome shocking twist, because Bran was skinchanging or whatever yadda yadda yadda... Nope. Just stupid plot armour w/ a pretty horse, and nothing. Nothing. 

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

If Jon was going to kill Dany, it would have made more sense for him to know that he was sacrificing his own life in the process.

Either that, or the show elaborates on how Jon plans to deal with the unsullied and Dothraki after he has assassinated Dany.

Unsullied and Dothraki multiplied to do a feminazi salute. Notice the subtle Nazi imagery.

The dialogue was absolutely terrible.

Dany wanted to break the wheel but now there are 2 wheels on the throne. :thumbsup:

So being a cripple is a better story than diyng and being ressurected? And leading humanity against Death itself?

I challenge you to name all the people in that counsil of Lords.

The Unsullied will all die in Naath because of the butterflies. :leer:

Why didn't Davos just call him Greyworm? Lol

"Go to the Reach and start your own House", he said to the Eunuch. :bang:

Here is what happened in a nutshell... D&D messed up and made it seem as if Jaime raped Cersei so to wash their hands of that they gave her human emotions and a few bricks as the valonqar

D&D messed up and had Sansa raped and tortured as her primary arc, to make up for that she is the Queen in the North

D&D had no fucking clue what Bran's entire arc was as well as the whole other existential threat, so to make up for that he is the King of everything.

D&D thought "It's always Jon, it didn't feel right" so they left him with nothing

The End

hope you enjoyed wasting 8 years of your life for this shite

5 minutes ago, DebL66 said:

So the whole Eddard kept the secret of Jon’s parentage a secret was much ado about nothing.  He is the rightful king but he goes off with the wildlings.  Jon is probably most as home with them but what is the point of his big secret parentage then?  Shit writing.  Not feeling Bran as king, Tyrion as Hand...again, or Sansa as Queen in the North.  

I know, all put together, the ruling and governing arrangements just seems off, weird. 

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Either that, or the show shows how Jon plans to deal with the unsullied and Dothraki after he has assassinated Dany.

Maybe they'll write a sequel in which undead Dany is resurrected to wreak vengeance on Westeros.

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m still trying to understand how could it be all so completely stupid, and I’m talking about the 1/3 I was awake for. Gods be good...

So, the Unsullied are going to Naath? The most awesomest fighting force, these unstoppable warriors are going to Naath... because? 

Yeah, the Unsullied sail off, and Jon sails to Eastwatch I guess or White Harbor, and Sansa, Queen of the North who wants her brother back doesn't welcome him because? I mean she saw the Unsullied sail off, so why the hell would she care about what GW would think... He'll NEVER EVER know. Though I like that Jon got with Ghost and is "free". The NW closed the door on him anyway.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Even Caligula's assassins were put to death by the Praetorian Guard.  Unless a coup comes from within the army, they're going to react very badly to their commander in chief being murdered.

jon killing danny and drogon burning them together with jon holding her dead body close to him would have been much better.

I JUST NOTICED ONE THING!

THE 7 KINGDOMS CHOSE A STARK AS KING even though the north separates from the 7 kingdoms! WHY IS A NORTHERN ABLE TO BE KING OF THE 6 KINGDOMS IF THE NORTH DOESN T MAKE PART OF THE 6 KINGDOMS?

I found the finale to be horribly unsatisfying.  I am watching nice costumes, lovely music, great scenery with Dany saying that she did it all for the men, women, and children that still need to be saved.  WHAT?  Then why did you JUST kill all the men. women, and children in KL?  WHY?  I have more to rave but it is like watching a show where everything in place, but the words have no vowels and somebody is hoping we don't notice.   

Just now, SeanF said:

Maybe they'll write a sequel in which undead Dany is resurrected to wreak vengeance on Westeros.

Yeah, but if D&D write it, the main victims will be us the viewers.

OK, let's all calm down...

Let's look at how bad it could have been. 

An emergency broadcast that a death-meteor was imminent and the world was going to end (excepting cockroaches, of course).

The happy ending we all craved (secretly) where all the stars settle into a bourgeois life, punctuated with some spice, like life-partners Jamie and Briene occasionally having Tormund over for a threesome - and if Dany is feeling especially frisky, a foursome...

I mean, the North Koreans could have hacked the broadcast substituting Thai adult-diaper advertisements. Oh wait, this one actually would have been good...

Archived