[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

If Jon was going to kill Dany, it would have made more sense for him to know that he was sacrificing his own life in the process.

Even Caligula's assassins were put to death by the Praetorian Guard.  Unless a coup comes from within the army, they're going to react very badly to their commander in chief being murdered.

Caligula's murderers were, in part, members of the Praetorian guard. It was his German bodyguard that was fiercely loyal to him.

There is a reason why this shit show didn't cover the aftermath of Dany's murder - but one does wonder how Grey Worm does know that she got a knife in the heart, no?

Just now, Greenmonsterff said:

How in the fuck did Tyrion, in shackles, and about to be executed, nominate Bran for king, get to vote and then proclaim him King of mother fucking Westeros?!?!

Because that's what was in the script.

And who wouldn't want some cripple on the throne who never says a word.

By the way - I could really throttle those morons for stealing ELISSA FARMAN's plot from FaB. No idea if they actually stole it, of course, but giving Arya the arbitrary and nonsensical motivation to leave Westeros is just a cheap cop-out.

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, but if D&D write it, the main victims will be us the viewers.

I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, with the last episode, but not now.  

I really do think that they were trolling the viewers.

Just now, Lord Varys said:

Caligula's murderers were, in part, members of the Praetorian guard. It was his German bodyguard that was fiercely loyal to him.

There is a reason why this shit show didn't cover the aftermath of Dany's murder - but one does wonder how Grey Worm does know that she got a knife in the heart, no?

Because that's what was in the script.

And who wouldn't want some cripple on the throne who never says a word.

By the way - I could really throttle those morons for stealing ELISSA FARMAN's plot from FaB. No idea if they actually stole it, of course, but giving Arya the arbitrary and nonsensical motivation to leave Westeros is just a cheap cop-out.

Jon undoubtedly confessed, because he's that kind of guy.

And, yes, I wanted to scream when they "borrowed" from Elissa's story for Arya's ending. 

3 minutes ago, divica said:

jon killing danny and drogon burning them together with jon holding her dead body close to him would have been much better.

I JUST NOTICED ONE THING!

THE 7 KINGDOMS CHOSE A STARK AS KING even though the north separates from the 7 kingdoms! WHY IS A NORTHERN ABLE TO BE KING OF THE 6 KINGDOMS IF THE NORTH DOESN T MAKE PART OF THE 6 KINGDOMS?

I wanted to see Drogon spit fire at Jon and for it to not hurt him. Then for Drogo to melt the throne and take dany. Completely disappointing

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Talisa is just a bad copy of Claire Fraser from Outlander. And I'm sure they've mentioned before that they've taken elements from other books.

they've taken elements from any book in existence except ASOIAF.

46 minutes ago, fcaceres said:

It was worse than the finale of Dexter.

I couldn't even pass through Tyrion's speech... the moment he said that there's nothing more powerful than a good story and that no enemy can defeat it, I felt that I could  not stomach a minute more. Maybe in some days I'll bring myself to watch the rest of the episode. But nothing can redeem this ending for a show once was great and should have remained so.

Just now, JonCon's Red Beard said:

The funniest part about the ancestry of Jon being completely irrelevant is that this was, allegedly, what landed them the job. That they figured it out.

I'm actually laughing IRL right now while typing.

Well, it is most definitely not beyond George to make Jon's true parentage completely irrelevant, especially (or at least) in the political context.

I mean, honestly, the best way to subvert the hidden prince thing is to have one in the story who does heroic things and all but is NEVER GOING to capitalize on the royal ancestry thing.

There is no way that Dorne and the Iron Islands would stay under the rule of Bran Stark when the Stark held North refuses to do so. They may hold onto the rest due to familial connections and Tyrion and Bronn  being chief advisers but they would lose Dorne and the Iron Islands automatically.

Why is the Aspergersy cripple King? Why not Sansa? Why not Tyrion? Why not Gendry or Jon? All of them make so much more sense than fucking Bran.

Why do the Kingdoms have any connection to the Nights Watch or the Wall. Those are the independent Norths problems now.

Why would Jon stay at the wall when his sister rules an independent nation that is the only sovereignty for 1000 miles?

Why is anyone north of the Wall? Surely Sansa of all people would allow them to live independently in the Gift which already belongs to them

Just now, SeanF said:

I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, with the last episode, but not now.  

I really do think that they were trolling the viewers.

Some of it had to be trolling, like Bronn being on the small council and lord of Highgarden, chance that happens in the books 0.0%, bringing Edmure Tully back after a couple of years to make fun of him? Yeah, whatever.  I feel numb.  Okay, I have a general idea of what happens to most of the main characters, much of this is unsatisfying and depressing.

2 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

Brienne sitting down to write down all of Jaimes heroic deeds?? holy shit, why would she ever do that? He was a total ratbag.

And she even lied in the book. nobody cares about what is written there?

1 minute ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

they've taken elements from any book in existence except ASOIAF

They have. They’ve taken these elements, and then butchered them all. As David and Dan are wont to do.

Well, it is most definitely not beyond George to make Jon's true parentage completely irrelevant, especially (or at least) in the political context.

I mean, honestly, the best way to subvert the hidden prince thing is to have one in the story who does heroic things and all but is NEVER GOING to capitalize on the royal ancestry thing.

There is no way it won't have a meaning, at least minimal, in the books. Here, it's like everybody forgot.

28 minutes ago, Queen‍‍‍‍‍‍ Alysanne‍‍™ said:

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be based on the leaks, I'll start by saying that. But the episode doesn't clean the sour taste I have from the rest of the season. 

Positives:

Stark children get a positive ending

Brienne gets a positive ending

I guess that is the "sweet" part of the bittersweet

Negatives:

Bronn becoming Lord of Highgarden. How on Earth are the people of the reach going to accept him as their lord? Beyond that, I haven't seen any credentials in the show for him to be made Master of Coin. If anything he's the last person I'd choose because of his history of being an opportunist.

Saint Tyrion continues to be whitewashed and yet again ends up becoming the hand of the King again for the third time.

Where did Sam get the experience to becoming Grandmaester of the "six kingdoms"?

The council to choose a King and the meeting afterwards were a complete jokes. For a second I almost thought it was a youtube parody of the show with all the jokes.

If Greyworm and the Unsullied are heading to Naath then what was the point of Bran appeasing their vengeance? He can easily turn back on them when they leave. That whole discussion was a major plot hole.

And Bran is going to find Drogon and then what? 

Bronn more than most appreciates the  true value of money.. as a man that came from nothing he is less likely than a over privileged lord to squander the money on extravagant things unless it is really called for... so they wont be needing to borrow from the Bank and getting into debt like they had been.

He proved he is willing to do what's best for the people of Westeros something that Bran would value.

The council... joking... life moves on... do you want them all to sit and grieve forever ? how long had passed ? it had been months before they decided the King... we have no idea how much longer passed since then to the first council meeting..

As for the Dragon I imagine just to keep tabs on it... it's a danger to have roaming around freely in Westeros and Essos.... guide it when need be... but I imagine allow it to live/kill livestock... intervene when it decides to start touching cities or starts eating villages lol

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Jon undoubtedly confessed, because he's that kind of guy.

And they just imprisoned him.

But why confess anything at all. She and the dragon are both away, no?

I'd have told nobody anything and would have walked out of the ruins.

And they just imprisoned him.

But why confess anything at all. She and the dragon are both away, no?

I'd have told nobody anything and would have walked out of the ruins.

Book Jon may be capable of that. This version of Jon just isn't.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Some of it had to be trolling, like Bronn being on the small council and lord of Highgarden, chance that happens in the books 0.0%, bringing Edmure Tully back after a couple of years to make fun of him? Yeah, whatever.  I feel numb.  Okay, I have a general idea of what happens to most of the main characters, much of this is unsatisfying and depressing.

You know what happens to jon in the books? I don t even know what happens to jon in the show… like he is setenced to the NW but then is leaving with the wildlings?

and keep in mind that the ods of the wildlings going north of the Wall in the books is really low.

Archived