[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

20 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Honestly, I would have preferred the death-meteor.

I can just see Bran's first decision he has to make as king:

Lord Blackwood:  My Grace, Lord Bracken just burned my crops and set his knights on my peasant folk, raping and pillaging.

King Bran:  Yes, I watched, it was as it was meant to be.

Lord Blackwood:  Aren't you going to do something about this?

King Bran:  Perhaps the best punishment is for me to do nothing, or perhaps not.  What will be will be.  

Lord Blackwood:  Screw this, can we do a redo of this vote thing?  I mean over half of the guys at the council were your family and friends, what the hell.  How come the fat boy and the butch girl even got to vote?  

Tyrion - King Bran....the people are starving and are gathering at the Red Keep, what should we do?

King Bran - I'm going warging losers, see ya!

Bejeezus... I couldn't possibly have had lower expectarions, and yet I feel disappointed. That's gotta be some sort of achievement, kudos, David and Dan. 

I will rewatch tomorrow morning w/ a huge coffee IV drip to see everything I missed tonight. 

In the meantime I will watch something intelligent, well-written, and meaningful. Like Friday the 13th VIII.

1 minute ago, LHakaLH said:

Tyrion - King Bran....the people are starving and are gathering at the Red Keep, what should we do?

King Bran - I'm going warging losers, see ya!

I was thoroughly unimpressed with that scene, especially how the showrunners handled Bran. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Still can't wrap my head around the idea that a Stark king would want independence for the North or that KING BRANDON STARK would want to give up the North - his own home - to his sister or that Sansa would not want the North be ruled by a Stark king.

Can anybody understand this? It feels utterly wrong.

It felt very random to me and sends a really bad message to the other lords at the meeting. I was half expecting many of them to want independence as well.

18 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

Was there an inside the episode and has anyone elected to suffer through it?

If there is an Inside the Episode, I'm not doing it til the morning tomorrow.  Their product was quite enough for me tonight.  Although I wonder, will we be spared some of that since the documentary of the whole thing is on next week?  Then again, I'm not sure I'm subjecting myself to that one, and if I do, when. 

7 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

And is the north a monarchy while the south is a democracy? 

Elective monarchy, like the HRE. Not even remotely a democracy.

But even that goes completely against the way of life of the Westerosi, and an elective monarchy where the ruler could come from a different house each time would cause even greater problems than they had with the dynastic principle. Whenever a king grew feeble and old everybody would try to put themselves into position to seize the throne.

Vice versa, any children of a monarch after Bran would try to succeed their father, meaning that they would try to reestablish the hereditary monarchy.

Even more importantly, what about any children of Sansa's? They could technically succeed Bran as nephews? But are they now even eligible to vote/get elected considering that the North is independent now? I don't think that Sansa and whoever succeeds her would ever again have a vote down south.

Every single goddamn scene made no fucking sense or felt like entire scenes were missing in between.

I can squint and see Martin having Danys fall then death being, well, not garbage. Same with King Bran. 

So Jon just left with the wildling remnants? What the fuck? Maybe Ygrittes sister appeared off camera and he offered her his Lords Kiss again?

God damn what a shit season. GRRM ought to be ashamed. 

10 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

I was so disturbed by the imagery and the tone they were trying to invoke when Daenerys landed to give her speech. It wasn't a great kind of disturbed like oh you got me with that one, it was the kind of disturbed when you turn the hero of the story into Hitler on a dragon within two episodes.

That was so sad. Sudenly danny doesn t want to be queen. She wants to go around the world "saving" cities… Does anybody care about the time an army would need to conquer and stabilize all those cities?

I just can't wait to see how people will still try and defend Game of Thrones as a serious commentary on politics after this. 

A crippled weirdo teenager who can't father children is elected king "because he's got the best story?" The North just gets to declare independence and no one else wants it? Bronn actually takes control of the Reach and gets a position on the Small Council? 

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

If there is an Inside the Episode, I'm not doing it til the morning tomorrow.  Their product was quite enough for me tonight.  Although I wonder, will we be spared some of that since the documentary of the whole thing is on next week?  Then again, I'm not sure I'm subjecting myself to that one, and if I do, when. 

I am curious to know if they say this was their ending, grrm's ending or if they don t say anything...

Drogon sees Jon standing over Dany's dead body and doesn't kill him. Instead he decides to melt the Iron Throne. They really made the dragon act OOC.  :shocked:

Bronn as Lord of Highgarden/Lord Paramount of the Reach/Master of Coin is the biggest joke in this show.

There's nothing sweet about this ending.

Why would Tyrion choose that moment of all moments to give him the nickname "Bran the Broken"? Why would Tyrion and Jon both decide to start calling Daenerys "Dany? She already told Jon she didn't like it essentially and Tyrion would have no business calling her that at all.

1 minute ago, Visenya Stark said:

Bronn as Lord of Highgarden/Lord Paramount of the Reach/Master of Coin is the biggest joke in this show.

The commoners: we are hungry. The city is in shambles.

Bronn, Lord of Highgarden/Lord Paramount of the Reach/Master of Coin: Let's build brothels first.

Archived