[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

why had the last scene to be Jon-centric?

I wanted Jon to die under Drogon's fire. But he is a good pet when Dany is not there....

Like the hell.....what???

Because I just hate Jon, this Jon, Jonerys Jon. Then I had to switch again to book Jon to appreciate this ending in a way. 

3 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

This season I've grown to like Sansa and Sophie Turner's performance, but her saying that should cause every other Kingdom to wonder 'wait, if they can do it, why can't we?' Especially Dorne, the last of the Seven Kingdoms to join the fold and have always been different compared to the other lands and the Iron Islands (Balon literally rose up in rebellion after Robert overthrew the Targaryen reign because 'If Robert can be King, why can't I?!')

You can't have Tyrion basically tell Jon, 'Well, sorry bro, you've got to take the black and go to the wall because politics' and then just nod sagely as Sansa explains how the North will not be part of the Seven Kingdoms any longer. 

It's just furthering the possibility of another Great War to unify and conquer Westeros. So everything is going to be fine and dandy, everyone following these characters are going to be totally cool with the way things were. This was Stark fanboy-service for Sansa, but they did her character so dirty. "Bro, the north should be free", what kind of complex negotiation powers or politicking were even needed for that? What has she fought for? Of all the things that shocked and disgusted me about the way they wrote this ending, that was the biggest thing

I think it's all about size, I don't know the exact scale but I imagine the North in total almost equates to the rest of the south 

I didn't ever see The North as another Kingdom.. but another country... but when it got absorbed got made a Kingdom 

It's the difference between a County and a Country.... The North being Scotland and all the other Kingdoms being Counties like Yorkshire..etc.

10 minutes ago, D2procon said:

And why does Bran need a master of whisperers?

because he can see everything that is happening... he cant hear everything ;)

He can obviously go back and see what was said and done after its happened... however sometimes its good to know whats happening in realtime before something tragic can happen.

5 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

My current mental state is the climactic scene from "Der Untergang" where Hitler Is Informed that Steiner was unable to make his last-ditch counter-attack, thus Berlin - and the war - truly are lost.

Well, if you do it Bruno Ganz style you could become an actor yet ;-).

In all the time I’ve spent with friends and on this forum theorizing about different ending scenarios, I don’t think that I’ve ever come across this one or anything like it.

If this is anywhere close to the ending that GRRM sketched out for the Ding-Dongs (even if they botched the execution as they ran down the checklist), then he can take as long as he likes to keep writing/rewriting. Because this was horrid. Absolutely horrid. The show overtaking the books might end up being a blessing in disguise if it gives GRRM a chance to “beta test” this ending.

I have huge doubts that this is how the story will actually end, and even if it does, I know that the context will be completely different: characters will be driving the plot rather than the plot driving the characters, for one. That alone will make everything better.

This show has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. I can’t believe how bad it became by the end. What worries me now is that I won’t ever be able to separate the show from the books in my head. Like that instead of reading WoW and DoS unsullied, I’ll be on the lookout for spoilers from the show, to say nothing of any rereading.

11 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yeah. This confusion and hand waving is what I was getting at. It just doesn’t make any sense the way it was done, and the lack of real dialogue didn’t help any. 

Then again, Bran seems to be letting his council runs things while he flies. :rolleyes:

Bran is most likely King as more of a symbol than actually doing anything... he is incorruptible.. He see's all.... basically don't think of f ucking him over as he will be onto you.. 

This tweet sums it all up well: "benioff and weiss' game of thrones finale included a character reading a song of ice & fire because the fantasy genre allows authors to imagine scenarios that they've never experienced themselves"

LOL at the Ds reading the wiki despite they have five books available as source as well as the author being alive to just go and ask... I can't even be mad at them, only laugh because that's what fools are for.

Another fuck you to the book fans, I felt, was when Dany talked about how she imagined the Iron Throne to be. A giant monstrosity of barbed metal, instead of the nice, semi-comfy, symmetrical chair we had in the show. It would have been a nice imagery had Dany somehow managed to cut her hand on it, before she died, but alas...

Archived