[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

Sam proposing democracy and slapping down that ASOIAF book felt so incredibly hamfisted. Even in a universe that operates as stupidly as this one.

Bronn’s ending here is something that if I read it in a fanfic I was otherwise enjoying, I’d probably have to give it up. Just so blatantly authors pet stuff it’s beyond belief that it’s on screen here in one of the biggest TV shows ever. 

1 minute ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Bran is most likely King as more of a symbol than actually doing anything... he is incorruptible.. He see's all.... basically don't think of f ucking him over as he will be onto you.. 

They still can just stab him. It's not like he goes around reading everybody's mind.

2 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Bran is most likely King as more of a symbol than actually doing anything... he is incorruptible.. He see's all.... basically don't think of f ucking him over as he will be onto you.. 

He also doesn't seem to give a damn about his government considering that he didn't attend his own council sessions. Looks like a good start...

3 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

This tweet sums it all up well: "benioff and weiss' game of thrones finale included a character reading a song of ice & fire because the fantasy genre allows authors to imagine scenarios that they've never experienced themselves"

LOL at the Ds reading the wiki despite they have five books available as source as well as the author being alive to just go and ask... I can't even be mad at them, only laugh because that's what fools are for.

given these last seasons why would anyone name it a song of ice and fire?

What was the story in that book?

Just now, JonCon's Red Beard said:

They still can just stab him. It's not like he goes around reading everybody's mind.

Who could still stab him ? he is surrounded by men that wanted him as King.. His Sister rules the North and would aid him... He's soon to have a master of whisperers appointed... 

I was replying to the person that mentioned that his council is doing all the work... that he is probably their as more of a symbol and to lay the groundwork for future kings and queens that don't over see and have every last say in things... and I mentioned the fact that out of every possible candidate he is the only one that is incorruptible making him the best candidate.

3 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

He also doesn't seem to give a damn about his government considering that he didn't attend his own council sessions. Looks like a good start...

What if the night king was actually a hero and the good man all along trying to save the world from Bran's treachery to come? :eek:

Sam decided to become a maester, after all, despite their fuckery in season 6 that drove him to leave. And passed on the opportunity to be lord of Horn Hill. And I guess he didn't marry Gilly, since maesters can't marry. That means his child will be a bastard. Another character ruined.

9 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

This tweet sums it all up well: "benioff and weiss' game of thrones finale included a character reading a song of ice & fire because the fantasy genre allows authors to imagine scenarios that they've never experienced themselves"

LOL at the Ds reading the wiki despite they have five books available as source as well as the author being alive to just go and ask... I can't even be mad at them, only laugh because that's what fools are for.

Why would a history about the succession war after Robert’s death (its in-universe name is War of the Five Kings) be called that anyway? Another cringe/groan-inducing attempt at fan service.

5 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

Bran's Robert Baratheon.

Considering how the show depicted him we should expect him to be much, much worse.

3 minutes ago, Anarchosaurus Rex said:

Why would a history about the succession war after Robert’s death (its in-universe name is War of the Five Kings) be called that anyway? Another cringe/groan-inducing attempt at fan service.

So does ice and fire mean it’s about Jon, or Jon and Dany?

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

And I guess he didn't marry Gilly, since maesters can't marry.

Do the social conventions and traditions of Westeros even matter at this point? Jon's been in the Watch, then left after he died, then he was King, then the reason the Watch exists was destroyed but he's apparently back there for some reason?? Does it really matter if Sam's a maester who can marry? Everybody can do whatever they like and everybody's fine with it because... it's some metaphor of what democracy means, apparently.

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

Considering how the show depicted him we should expect him to be much, much worse.

Bran has no armies and no actual power. He is literally term limited. When the Ironborn rebel or raid, what can Bran do? When Bronn inevitably tries to take over Riverrun because Edmure is a punchline, what can Bran do? When Dorne decides not to pay taxes, what can Bran do? The Lords of Westeros are not going to stop scheming because there is an omniscient cripple (who most of them had never met) sitting on the throne.

Even worse, they created a system where any Lord can be elevated to King by playing the game of thrones well. Westeros would become even more political as players attempt to be the next person chosen for the throne. They just created possibly the worst system of governance imaginable for Westeros.

Years and years ago, I realised the question being asked wasn't the right question. And I also realised who the most important character was.

Well done to George R R Martin for creating a truly superb, wonderful story with a fitting and robust ending.

And we have seen a television series here which will go down in history. For this, we must thank the creators.

So what was the third WTF moment that GRRM told these two hacks? Jon killing Dany? Or Bran the Broken becoming the King of Westeros? And the reason Bran becomes king is because he has the best story, goodnesses what a load of crap. The shocking part of this whole mess is you think it can’t get any worse but then D&D shocks you with even worse. Even TV soap opera writers can come up with better work than this dumb morons. My ten year old nephew can write better than this.

So what are they trying to show? Bran manipulated everyone and everything? do the morons even know? Why would St. Tyrion want to be Hand to a kid who manipulated things to be King?

And Sansa gets an independent North (because the Northmen don’t want to be ruled by a Westerosi king who also happens to be a Stark and the actual heir to the North and their beloved dead Lord’s only living son) but the Iron Islands and Dorne (two kingdoms that have revolted against the IT) are fine being part of the 6 kingdoms. What a load of crap. D&D decided to go all evuul Dany and didn’t want to upset the women ruling narrative so decided to give the North to Sansa. Bravo!

No one saw Jon kill Dany and her body and Drogon disappeared but the unsullied seem to know that Jon killed her. How is that? Oh yeah, Jon is a dumb honorable fool who went and confessed his crime to Greyworm. And Greyworm who has no qualms about killing innocents keeps Jon prisoner long enough for his family to show up and then decide a just punishment for the man who killed his queen.

Jon is sent to the NW (which exists according to Tyrion because they still need a place for bastards and cripples) to appease Greyworm but evil conniving King Bran will not commute Jon’s sentence even after Greyworm has sailed for Naath. Oh and Jon can’t marry or sire any children. Let’s not forget that. So end of the Targ line. And Sam forgot that his best friend was the real heir to the IT or he doesn’t care as long as he gets to be Grand Maester and have Gilly on the side. So did the Citadel change the rules for Sam? Can he keep Gilly as his wife now and be a maester? And doesn’t Sam have to go back to the NW since it still exists? 

What was the end all about? Jon deserting his post and becoming the King beyond the Wall?

The White Book survived the inferno without a scratch so that Brienne gets to fill Jamie Lannister’s page. 

And don’t get me started on the small council. That whole scene looked like a Monty Python skit to me.

A complex story of people putting aside their political interests and squabbling to face an existential threat written by two guys that focused on the former and didn't understand any of it. I doubt they read the books in all honesty.

Archived