[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

28 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

I guess we'll have a better answer once the books are released, but one still has to answer, was it really worth it to not cast Arianne, Victarion, etc? They had their ratings, but everybody's hating the show right now.

I’ve always felt not casting Arianne, Aegon, and Vic was a mistake 

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

And really, the implication of Bran becoming King, and intending it all along, is that Dany was set up to be killed the moment she'd helped defeat the Night's King

And all Jons sacrifices too including his life, fighting the armies of the dead... and sacrificing Dany... Brans final words to him werejust cold, like they where just tools being manipulated. No even a mention of Jons linage... which seemed kinda important for Bran to find out in the first place 

That was the most boring episode of Game of Thrones I've ever seen.

• Ten minutes in and Tyrion is digging his siblings' corpses out of the rubble. Did we really need all that? Tyrion finding them was incredibly implausible and we already knew they were dead.
  • The fact that Jon had to have a chat with Arya and a long ass conversation with Tyrion before he decided he had to murder Dany annihilated all the drama. We got to the 30 minutes mark on 90% filler.
  • The dragon acted way too sentient, it was weird. Somehow that scene felt dragged out too. What was even the point of an extended episode length if that's how they used it?
  • So the Unsullied, murdered machines who followed Dany unflinchingly in slaughtering an entire city... didn't immediately execute Jon Snow for killing their queen? They had to wait for the people of Westeros to choose a king to tell them what to do? What? Why? How? What did they even care what the new king wanted, they didn't even stick around to live in Westeros! And when Jon's own brother cousin (did they even know who he really was?) was elected and decided to spare him, they just went with it?
  • Those Dothraki casually walking down the dock right past Jon... didn't even leer at him, didn't seem sad that their queen led their entire nation to nigh-extinction then promptly got herself killed. Nah, just having a chat, getting ready to go back home after the holiday.
  • What was Sansa's arc this season? Did she cause all this, or was she right to doubt Dany from the start? She was kind of a bitch to ask for Northern independence after her own brother was elected king, but then she was sad for Jon and everyone liked her. What is even the point of northern independence? If the Six Kingdom vote a king who wants to conquer the North 50 years in the future, what then?
  • Arya decided out of the blue to go sailing into uncharted territory with no sailing experience. So, she's gonna die, right? They'll run out of drinking water in the middle of the ocean, or a kraken will sink their ship, or best case scenario she will be eaten by cannibals on some island east of Yi Ti. They'll probably think those faces in her bag are some nice, chewy treats!
  • The entirety of King's Landing was burned down, but they somehow rebuilt it and are now worried about whorehouses? The fuck....
  • Glad that jackass joke was brought up again, one of the highs of the entire shows, and such a classic Tyrion line. They failed to deliver the punch line once again, though, so allow me to divulge it for you: "I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel. Nine months later, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were born".
  • Those parallel shots of Jon, Sansa and Arya brought... *YAWN*... so much... *YAWN*... diversity... to the final minutes of the show.... *SNORE*
  • So, did Jon go off to become King Beyond the Wall or what? What am I supposed to get from that ending? Is he just accompanying Tormund home? Is it spring already? Are the Others going to show up again and kill them, since this scene was supposed to mirror the season one opening? Ah, whatever, at least he patted Ghost...

Edit: There is no bloody way that this is the ending of the books.

3 hours ago, darksellsword said:

They had a guy whos story arc of being shit on from the start was only matched by Daenerys knife the woman he loves and his reward is to fuck off into the snow forever whilst little Miss "But Arya killed the NightKing" rules as Queen in the North. The only thing stopping Jon from being king of Westeros was a promise made to the unsullied ?? are you actually serious about this shit D&D. The prize for biggest betrayl was Sam, gets his friend into hot water by pushing him to be King then the moment said friend gets captured he completely abandons his support for him and wants some kind of medieval democracy. This was extremely dire and I'm not talking about the wolf.

The whole Grey worm power Is so over the top ridiculous......

All I can say is D@D were offered more time and or another season but declined. uggg yea the council meeting and electing of Bran was so unbelievable and over the top. The king maker Tyrion is he a prisoner or king maker. The power that Greyworms given is hard to swallow in the realm of believable for me.. 

So much more head shaking moments.   

51 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

I guess we'll have a better answer once the books are released, but one still has to answer, was it really worth it to not cast Arianne, Victarion, etc? They had their ratings, but everybody's hating the show right now.

OMG the long last JonCon is back, colour me shocked!

7 minutes ago, Grbauc said:

The whole Grey worm power Is so over the top ridiculous......

All I can say is D@D were offered more time and or another season but declined. uggg yea the council meeting and electing of Bran was so unbelievable and over the top. The king maker Tyrion is he a prisoner or king maker. The power that Greyworms given is hard to swallow in the realm of believable for me.. 

So much more head shaking moments.   

Yeah it was impossible to account for any of that happening. I mean we are supposed to suspend disbelief to a certain extent in fantasy but when it's about magical elements etc, not about human behaviour and decision making. It is a dumpster fire in terms of writing compared to Georges books.

I don't really care about the internal logic of anything that happened since the show doesn't either, but this might have been one of the most dull, cringeworthy episodes yet. They keep doing these extremely long conversations, but the dialogue is so bad it feels like it was written by a 7 year old. I mean seriously, it's supposed to be the ultimate dramatic moment of the series, Jon confronting Dany. The cinematography is perfect, the music is captivating and then they open their mouths:

- How'd you know it will be good?
- Because I know what is good.. and so do you
- No I don't..
- You do! You've always known!

It's like Star Wars prequel level territory. At least it's all over now.

3 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Why didn’t drogon kill Jon??

I'm going to Guess because he loved her. he's the only one that could get close to her with bad intentions because he loves her also. 

It's great how that evil selfless rightful heir to the throne got banished to the frozen wasteland beyond the wall for doing the right thing and that brave mass murderer Greyworm dictated who should rule Westeros before he fecked off to Narth to live out his days in Paradise. There is a great moral lesson there. Honestly I will have ptsd from that scene where Jon tries to stop him slitting those Lannister prisoners throats and he does it after Jon walks away. 

It’s finally over. I was kind of just wanting it over so I don’t have a ton of complaints. 

Here they are:

•Grey Worm went full psycho. I mean he did last episode too but jeez. 

•Jon was really frustrating me with his defense of Dany to Tyrion. Although, maybe Jon was simply worried he could be overheard and was simply playing the loyal servant, which would be shrewd of him. If he was doing that I have zero complaints. 

•Why on earth would Drogon not kill Jon on the spot for killing Dany? That makes literally no sense. When Jon came back to life he apparently got a lifetime supply of the world’s strongest plot armor this side of Arya. 

•Hard to believe the unsullied would imprison Jon instead of executing him given the way Grey Worm was behaving. 

•Jon’s legitimate claim is completely ignored by Sansa and Arya and others who have been backing him for awhile. They have to appease the Unsullied because...????

•Jon is banished to the Night’s Watch because again, the Unsullied must be appeased for god knows what reason. Less bloodshed, I suppose, but weren’t they really outnumbered?

•Do the Dothraki respawn between episodes?

•Bronn being master of coin is a bit ridiculous although I did find it humorous.

•God they ruined Jaime. Yes it’s from last episode but it was so bad I have to mention it again.

3 hours ago, xerostomia said:

The wheel is broken. No longer does genetic lineage make a difference. I guess we all want the happy ending and have 'the one true king' that is a blend of fire and ice, but if that was the case, the wheel would just continue.

The wheel is most certainly not broken and genetic lineage still makes a lot of the difference. The king is chosen by the most powerful nobles in the realm. Nobility is decided by lineage or conquest. These are the people who will be deciding who rules and they will be deciding between themselves and amongst themselves. 

It is actually worse than before in my opinion. These petty squabblers and their children will be deciding who rules from now on? It's got me hoping another, intelligent and less emotional Targaryen can find some dragon eggs and try this conquest thing again.

Just felt like a lot of rushed wrapping up of story lines i.e. a 75 minute epilogue. Truly hated the small council scene. The "A Song of Ice and Fire" book made me think of "There and Back - A Hobbit's Tale" - really corny. Felt we needed a twist. Didn't come close to one. Really lame ending to an epic saga.

4 hours ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I think the Unsullied and Dothraki are like bacteria, they just keep multiplying out of control moreso after they get completely wiped out at Winterfell... 

It is known....:bang:

Perhaps there's a new one of them spawning for every enemy they kill? Like chess, or... wait... ZOMBIES! :P

Archived