[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

Unanswered questions that personally bother me:

1. What were the White Walker symbols all about?
  2. Why do season lengths vary?
  3. Why did the world suddenly become more 'magical' when dragons were hatched
  4. Did Jon leave the Night's Watch?  Is he the 998th and 1,000th lord commander? Did he simply not take his vows and walk off?
  5. Where are the Reeds?
  6. Bran? Seriously?
  7. Why?

13 minutes ago, Saturno said:

Loved how they have put every single surviving character (except for Bronn, so apparently Horn Hill is the new seat of power of the Reach) as the "new lords of westeros" PLUS A FEW RANDOM GUYS to make a impression

I mean, I guess I'm impressed at this point that they remembered there was anyone else left in Westeros besides Tyrion, Davos, Gendry, Yara, and the Starks...no word on where all those people have been for the past 2+ seasons, though.

I hate how small and limited the world has felt since the story moved beyond book material...as the books have expanded in scope, adding more layers of mystery and intrigue, the show somehow managed to do the exact opposite. This season's plot felt like moving from Point A to Point B to Point C - about as linear and predictable as you could possibly have written it.

The only that I can make out of the story is that as long as you are Sansa, Arya, Stark and Jon:

1. Author's grim reality can't touch you. 

2. Producers can't touch you. 

3. The Waif and the faceless men can't touch you. 

4. Roofs falling on your head can't touch you.

5. Dragons can't touch you. 

6. WW and the Night King can't touch you. 

7. Dothraki and the Unsullied can't touch you.

Now these are the major points of the plot and everything else is irrelevant. 

Well, that was a load of crap. Thank the seven this trainwreck of a series is over. Back to hoping for the books.   

How nice of Grey Wind to simply accept what the people siding with the man who killed his queen vote for. And how nice of Dany's armies to lock Jon up in a cell instead of killing him on the spot after he murders their queen and leader. Also, good luck with king Bran the broken, who has zero experience in ruling anything, zero knowledge in politics, zero understanding for empathy or human relations and doesn't even categorize himself as a human being anymore :lol:  Westeros is screwed.

We had just finished watching Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog before watching this last episode, and I just kept saying, "I think this is what pain feels like!" to the TV.  Lord this was awful.  So much stupid in such tight confines.

Tyrion's exposition of the entire universe.  Jon's repeated repeating of repetition "SHE'S MY QUEEN" as he broods and sulks.  Sansa Sansaing the one scene we saw her in.  Arya Christopher Columbising.  Bronn Bronning the small council.  Sam getting to present a book that looked straight off the shelves at a modern book store.  And that whole trial thing may be the dumbest moment on Game of Thrones.

So dumb.  Gah.

Drogon once again does the best acting of the entire episode.  Sad that only the CGI beasts are allowed to know their motivations.

42 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Can I just ask how did Sandra know that Bran's not able to get it up anymore?

Westerosi Maesters are sufficiently advanced to know that his broken spine stops him having erections. I'd actually question why Tyrion did not feel the need to address the point before Sansa asked.

1 minute ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Drogon once again does the best acting of the entire episode.  Sad that only the CGI beasts are allowed to know their motivations.

Drogon's motivation is loyalty to Daenerys. On figuring out what had happened to her, Drogon ought to have cooked Jon to a cinder. Instead, for reasons of spectacle, he decides to take it out on the Iron Throne instead.

11 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I challenge you to name all the people in that counsil of Lords.

The one sitting between Sam and Edmure: Lord Gruff of House Gruffvoice.

The one sitting next to Gendry: Lord Hans Home of House Pleasantsmile.

The old man sitting next to Royce: Lord Tired-to-be-here of House Waytwhat.

And from Dorne: Prince Quentyn Darkstar of House Daynish.

2 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Drogon's motivation is loyalty to Daenerys. On figuring out what had happened to her, Drogon ought to have cooked Jon to a cinder. Instead, for reasons of spectacle, he decides to take it out on the Iron Throne instead.

I've been wrong to defend this show.  They were just trolling the viewers.  Now, we're being told that Dany broke bad when she refused to stop Drogo from pouring molten gold over Viserys (who had just threatened to cut out her child).  So, they're been making a fortune out of portraying a character as a heroine, when in reality, they had her marked down as a murderous, lying, hypocrite. 

I feel as if I'd reached the end of the Lord of the Rings to discover that Sam and Frodo were a pair of backstabbing cowards who never really went to Mordor and claimed other peoples' credit.

There is no Outside the Episode to be found anywhere, and I want to know WHY.  :tantrum:

I was so looking forward to it, to see David and Dan explain this steaming pile of shit and give us their invaluable insights. :whip:

11 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Did Yara suddenly forget that she was the Queen of the Iron Islands?  Why did she join the seven, I mean six kingdoms again?

And what was up with her saying that Dany gave her the Iron Islands back? Yara did that all on her own, with just a few ships. And Jaime killed Euron.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

There is no Outside the Episode to be found anywhere, and I want to know WHY.  :tantrum:

I was so looking forward to it, to see David and Dan explain this steaming pile of shit and give us their invaluable insights. :whip:

Really?  No final Inside the Ep?  That's odd.  I wonder why? 

13 minutes ago, Trinket2 said:

Also, good luck with king Bran the broken, who has zero experience in ruling anything, zero knowledge in politics, zero understanding for empathy or human relations and doesn't even categorize himself as a human being anymore :lol:  Westeros is screwed.

Yeah .... I don't know. Between all the RLJ hype and the dany hype and the clever Sansa hype and the terminator Arya hype, people seem to forget that Bran was de jure in command in Winterfell, while Robb was in the south. The entire Ramsay situation was because he gave the command after he was briefed on the political situation between Manderyls and Boltons.

It's like filming Lord of the Rings while hating Frodo. Bran wasn't even in one season.

I'm sure the storyline will be excellent in the books, but I'm still in disbelief over how they fed Daenerys's character into the woodchipper with two episodes to go in the show. To make things worse, we find out in this episode that Yara apparently still supported her the whole time! So why was Dany supposed to have her meltdown about Jon's claim in the first place - because Sansa (his sister) and Tormund (his BFF) liked him more than her? I mean, come on. 

A properly-done arc of Dany as antagonist could have been fantastic even on the show, but this was an unmitigated disaster. I really feel for Emilia Clarke. This must have been a miserable way to end her run on the show. 

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Really?  No final Inside the Ep?  That's odd.  I wonder why? 

Right? At first I thought it had been delayed or something, but don’t those air right after the episode? 

Now I’m expecting at some point David and Dan to say they wanted to leave people discussing what it all meant, so no explanations offered or some such :bs:. When they come out of hiding, that is...

I'm a bit confused about Drogon. D&D made him use his fire breath twice. The first looked like a scream of rage/grief, he blasted the walls randomly. But then he stopped for a second, looked at the throne and then used the breath aimed at the thing. I'm confused if this is just a beast destroying the throne by coincidence or a thinking creature shouting in pain and then being logical enough to understand that what really killed Dany was her obsession with the throne, destroying it only then.

So what was the point of it all? We end up with a council doing the majority of the ruling on behalf of the king. Should have just kept Robert. When Bran dies, the realm is just going to erupt into chaos again anyway. I still can’t believe that the rest of the realm would be ok with a Stark ruling in the south while another Stark rules on independent north. No way Dorne or the Iron Islands wouldn’t demand their independence as well. Not one thing in this episode made sense.

1 hour ago, Ygrain said:

Just read an article how fans' high expectations killed an otherwise perfect show (though a bit rushed, the author does admit). Woe is me, how could I have expected a coherent narrative and character development?

LOL  Well, at least you seem to be accepting the blame well.  :lmao:

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I was looking for the Outside the Episode and couldn’t find it. Is it possible they’d given up on it? :lol:

I haven't looked for the Circle Jerk Episodic Explanation yet.  Did you check the official GOT youtube channel? (I'm going to do that now, and I'm still not caught up on the ranting. Ahhhhhhhhhhh)  I do wonder if that documentary this coming Sunday may be the reason? 

Archived