[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

2 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

So basically you're blaming the audience for following your story as written...

Yes, this is a new fashion I guess.

Write down  every nonsense you want, then blame the audience, the fan's expectations, the IQ of the average reader. 

Paid actors shouldn't even speak: apparently they come from a place where they made millions from the show and they are not going to bite the hand that fed them and they can't even relate with the audience since the know the scripts from the beginning. I find this rather insulting to the intelligence of the audience. 

3 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

This wasn't D&D, it's GRRM though how D&D handled it was wildly off. GRRM constantly lures readers to make the same mistakes as the Westerosi and the other characters and then forces us to look in the mirror. He tricked us to pre-judge Jaime and then showed us that we got it wrong. He lured the reader to play the Game of Thrones along with the characters only to tell us in the end that we too were wrong to do so. He's all about playing on our expectations and then showing us why we had it wrong just like a lot of characters. We all fell for it somewhere. 

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a27526510/kit-harington-jon-snow-daenerys-killing-game-of-thrones-interview/

We cheered her on, because the show runners portrayed her actions as justified.  They portrayed her as a badass, just as they portrayed Sansa as a badass for feeding Ramsay to his dogs, and Arya for feeding Walder Frey's sons to his children and then wiping out his entire family, or gouging out Meryn Trant's eyes.  And the internet exploded with delight when Jon Snow hanged Olly, a 12 year old boy, both of whose parents were cannibalised. In those cases (and at Astapor et al) killing people horribly was shown as liberating, but now we're told it showed Dany breaking bad, but none of the others.

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

Not talking about you specifically. I was referring to the article

Gotcha. Yeah, I don't think Kit phrased that the best way. 

Dont be so eager to watch the "inside the episode" It Will probably be the same old shot.

Dan: we felt that the iron throne needed to be Destroyer and now the Wheel is broke finally.

Dav: It had to be Bran, he is the 3ec and can use his Powers for the greater good. Tyrion saw that.

Both: and now we see ALL those chracters we used to love having their ending although the story they made was costly.

It Will probably be those phrases of insanity that you Will hear. The sense they can make out of those statements makes me feel like an idiot.

Another note- if you try to imagine to listen all the dialogues without music in the background - I mean without the whiny violin in the background, all the dialogues are ridiculous and don't make sense.

45 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

There is no Outside the Episode to be found anywhere, and I want to know WHY.  :tantrum:

I was so looking forward to it, to see David and Dan explain this steaming pile of shit and give us their invaluable insights. :whip:

Because they explained everything so well in the final episode that there is no need for them to further tell us what we should be thinking. ;)

1 minute ago, joaozinm said:

Dont be so eager to watch the "inside the episode" It Will probably be the same old shot.

Dan: we felt that the iron throne needed to be Destroyer and now the Wheel is broke finally.

Dav: It had to be Bran, he is the 3ec and can use his Powers for the greater good. Tyrion saw that.

Both: and now we see ALL those chracters we used to love having their ending although the story they made was costly.

It Will probably be those phrases of insanity that you Will hear. The sense they can make out of those statements makes me feel like an idiot.

I laughed when I found out that there was no "Inside the Episode."

LOL like did they film it but decide to ax it because they saw people's reactions to the other "Inside the Episode"

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

We cheered her on, because the show runners portrayed her actions as justified.  They portrayed her as a badass, just as they portrayed Sansa as a badass for feeding Ramsay to his dogs, and Arya for feeding Walder Frey's sons to his children and then wiping out his entire family, or gouging out Meryn Trant's eyes.  And the internet exploded with delight when Jon Snow hanged Olly, a 12 year old boy, both of whose parents were cannibalised. In those cases (and at Astapor et al) killing people horribly was shown as liberating, but now we're told it showed Dany breaking bad, but none of the others.

Tell me about it. They directed it. Don't they know what they directed? 

Another awful line from the episode was when Arya said "I know a killer when I see one" referencing Dany to Jon. Uh, no shit. She just slaughtered hundreds of thousands of people. Everyone knows she's a killer.

If I didn't know I was watching Game of Thrones, I would have guessed that was a line from Airplane or Naked Gun.

2 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Tell me about it. They directed it. Don't they know what they directed? 

Of course they don’t. It’s Jaime raping Cersei and the show runners saying, no, it’s not rape. All. Over. Again.

6 minutes ago, SeanF said:

D&D are not actually wrong here. Making Dany into a tyrant was not ludicrous. But the way and the speed they did was ludicrous. Dany turning against the smallfolk was uncalled for. That talk of "they chose to follow Cersei" is completely nonsense and completely out of nowhere. During the battle she could have fly straight to the RedKeep, there was absolutely no reason for her to target smallfolk FIRST and Cersei SECOND. The inverse could be tolerable, but the way they did was too contrived and artificial.

That "Great council" scene is a top contender for one of the dumbest in the whole show. Nothing about it made any sense whatsoever. Why are Brienne, Sam and Davos given votes? Why is Tyrion the prisoner given the leading role? Why didn't everyone laugh at Tyrion when he came up with the mindbogglingly stupid justification for making Bran the king "Stories are the most important thing and he has the best story, so he'd be the best king"? Why didn't Yara say "I don't give a damn about your King, the Iron Islands are independent now"? Who the hell were some of the people at this council? Why did Sam have a plastic water bottle next to his chair? So many questions...

Just now, SeanF said:

For Sansa feeding Ramsay to his dogs, they had Ramsay say that by doing this, Sansa was sort of becoming Ramsay herself - basically doing that came at a great cost and I saw it as tragic. They had a behind the scenes where they described Arya's Frey pies as also damaging to herself and her whole arc lately has been to overcome this impulse in herself and they showed us where it'd lead in Sandor. In the books, we have Stoneheart.  There's a reason we saw Dany take the path of revenge as Arya turned away from it with the help of an explanation from the Hound. The intent was to contrast them. Right before Dany was killed, she said something to Jon calling out the Olly thing - I forget - something like yeah, you've never gone after someone who's betrayed you? 

Everything with Dany is going to be done larger as she's fire and that's fire's thing. Go back to these "badass" moments and look for the undercurrent of something wrong. I usually find them. 

7 hours ago, Hedgehog1977 said:

Hm, I must have been somewhat tired (it was 5:00h in the morning local time) and definitely blinded by too many illogical things happening, so I guess that one was a purely emotional reaction being happy for Brienne... (there's an idiom in German saying you can't see the forest because of all the trees in front of you).

Giving this another thought I could imagine Sansa telling Brienne to go watch over Bran - after all, even if she didn't elect him king, she still seemed to care about him, and she's in the north with a good, trustworthy Stark household guard whereas Bran is a stranger in the south and we all know what happens to Starks who go south... it could make sense, just saying... and I'm well past expecting those two who shall not be named to give a f---, eh, thought about things like that and address it in writing.

I think the reason Brienne as not with Sansa in Queen's Guard type of role is a simple as this;  The White Book, and therefore the double doucheberry ending for Brienne, was located in King's Landing.  That is the only reason for Brienne's 'choice?'  How else could she write Jaime's ending, and hers, in The White Book.  Ugh, time for a EFF YOU, D&D!! 

As a side note:  Any time I see that show book, I see images of Jaime flinging it to the floor for sex with Cersei in my mind, as well as all the gifs imposed over it. 

4 minutes ago, David Selig said:

That "Great council" scene is a top contender for one of the dumbest in the whole show. Nothing about it made any sense whatsoever. Why are Brienne, Sam and Davos given votes? Why is Tyrion the prisoner given the leading role? Why didn't everyone laugh at Tyrion when he came up with the mindbogglingly stupid justification for making Bran the king "Stories are the most important thing and he has the best story, so he'd be the best king"? Why didn't Yara say "I don't give a damn about your King, the Iron Islands are independent now"? Who the hell were some of the people at this council? Why did Sam have a plastic water bottle next to his chair? So many questions...

Do we even know who all was there?

What was the Prince of Dorne's name. Who were the other guys?

The fact that the Iron Islands aren't independent even though that was the whole point of Daenerys and Yara's alliance...

3 minutes ago, David Selig said:

I agree. I'm glad this scene was in there because the final episode deserved to have one of the worst scenes in the history of this show on it. Everything about the scene was pure crap. Sandra being a bitch to Edmure and then Yara and Bran by saying his thing doesn't work. And then declaring herself queen. Yara sitting by forgetting she was promised queenship as well. Tyrion, in chains, running the whole council. Prince Dorne sitting there like he doesn't give a fuck. SweetRobin looking like a Jonas Brother. Tyrion telling them Bran should be king because his story is best. Uh, how about the guy who fucking died and came back to life. That's a pretty good story too.

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

Do we even know who all was there?

What was the Prince of Dorne's name. Who were the other guys?

I don't think we are supposed to know who these guys are. At first I thought I had just forgotten who these guys were, but apparently even the most dedicated show fans can't recall them. It's the one of the important scenes in the series taking place in the last episode and the showrunners decided this would be a great time to introduce several new characters and never tell the viewers who they were.

Archived