[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

37 minutes ago, Tadco26 said:

I think you are trying to put more thought into what happened than the writers did.  What's the payoff for the story in keeping this a secret from the viewers?  It would be like ending The Usual Suspects and cutting the revelation to the audience of who was responsible for everything.  What's Bran doing with his new power as king?  We are pretty much left to believe that everything is perfect now.

Its not really that deep at all. Im going by what the show has established. None of this is guess work. Its just looking at a chain of events, and the limited dialoge between characters. for Example... Does dany make her decision to lead by fear because of Jon spurning her? In the scene they Kiss, He oulls away and then she says "Let it Be Fear then".  I mean by that scene it means Jon plays a part in her decision to rule thru fear. Its not deep at all. 

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I thought the phrasing was more like:  If a 12 year old has to save the world, so be it? 

LOL Has anyone tried google yet on that one?  Not me, not yet.  :P

wasn't Bran only 8 years old at the beginning of asoiaf so he would be a good bit away from twelve and if my memory serves me correctly Daenerys would've been around 13 years old? so my money is on Daenerys being the character George was referring to.

1 minute ago, darksellsword said:

wasn't Bran only 8 years old at the beginning of asoiaf so he would be a good bit away from twelve and if my memory serves me correctly Daenerys would've been around 13 years old? so my money is on Daenerys being the character George was referring to.

Bran was 7 years old when the series starts.

Daenerys starts off at age 13 and turns 14 when she finds out she is pregnant.

1 hour ago, Ice Queen said:

Oh thank you, someone mentioned Dune! Martin says he based the Starks on the Yorks, but I see House Atreides (which in turn was based on the Atreides of Greek mythology. 

Edit: No idea why part of that is highlighted. Oh well. 

Another poster on a different thread compared Bran to Leto II 

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Bran was 7 years old when the series starts.

Daenerys starts off at age 13 and turns 14 when she finds out she is pregnant.

You can see where I'm coming from though, if George was estimating how old that character would be when they conquer the world it would be Bran but if he was just thinking about the approximate age of the character when they first started their journey towards conquering the world then it would fit Daenerys

Really disappointed with the last 3 episodes, up until then it felt like they might be able to pull something out the bag. When Arya killed the night king is the real turnaround from ok to terrible.

Is it just me or did it feel like D&D started researching the genre between episodes 5 and 6 and decide to just copy Tolkien. Arya sails off west. John goes off to start a line of Stewards. The first men and Andals split (Rowan and Gondor). They are just setting up a cash cow. Watch them announce movie trilogy to get John on the throne. 

10 minutes ago, ramla said:

I agree on what you said about D&D, however, I said thats what i gleened from the show. However silly the writing may have been. Or the idea. Bran keeps alluding to his ability to see everything. So all that happens after Jon learns his parentage, Bran can be assumed to already know. he even tells Jon he was were he was supposed to be.

I get that. I’m just saying, it can mean anything we want, because it means nothing at all. David and Dan weren’t trying to leave it open-ended, or to end w/ a mystery or whathaveyou. They wanted to check some plot point boxes and fuck the rest. Leave it foggy as possible, and then maybe people will debate about it, and if not, who cares. Let’s get to our SW gig! It’s the same type of “storytelling” that allows for unbelievable out of left field twists: because there’s nothing there. No substance, no logic, no consistency.

And what he said to Jon, about “this is where you’re supposed to be”, is bollocks. Again, trying to make it sound deep and meaningful, but it isn’t. Bran said the same thing to Sansa and Theon, and Jaime, I think? 

4 minutes ago, shadowofasshai said:

Really disappointed with the last 3 episodes, up until then it felt like they might be able to pull something out the bag. When Arya killed the night king is the real turnaround from ok to terrible.

Is it just me or did it feel like D&D started researching the genre between episodes 5 and 6 and decide to just copy Tolkien. Arya sails off west. John goes off to start a line of Stewards. The first men and Andals split (Rowan and Gondor). They are just setting up a cash cow. Watch them announce movie trilogy to get John on the throne. 

Oh puke.  If they do, I hope it fails miserably.

2 minutes ago, divica said:

pretty acurate post

So the Ds were huge fans of the movie Rubber?  Where a tire goes on a killing spree and the entire setup was a series of events punctuated by the narrator saying, "no reason."  Well, at least we know where they got their inspiration from now.

So let's talk about the Dothraki.

Daenerys calls them all her bloodriders and we know bloodriders try to avenge the deaths of their khal. Well, Daenerys was their khal and she was murdered by a man she loved.

Yet Jon lives, the Dothraki phuq off to live happily ever after on the docks of King's Landing and the Unsullied take over in an attempt to get justice only to leave after they fail to get justice?

Like what was the point of the Dothraki?

22 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Basically, Viserys was threatening to not only cut the baby out of her womb, but it was a threat to kill Dany, too.  I don't think Viserys was versed in any kind of 'medical' procedures, much less being able to perform a caesarean section.  One thing to hear nothing about it this Viserys business. 

Do not worry, I am not D&D, so the effect on Dany's life expectancy is not lost on me :-) The man had just threatened to kill his sister and her baby, but she's a bad person for not shedding a tear when he has it coming. Can't think about a proper word for this kind of "argument" from them - not sure if I should go with idiocy, chutzpah, or malevolence.

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

So let's talk about the Dothraki.

Daenerys calls them all her bloodriders and we know bloodriders try to avenge the deaths of their khal. Well, Daenerys was their khal and she was murdered by a man she loved.

Yet Jon lives, the Dothraki phuq off to live happily ever after on the docks of King's Landing and the Unsullied take over in an attempt to get justice only to leave after they fail to get justice?

The fact that Jon survived more than two seconds after the Unsullied and Dothraki caught him is utter bullshit...

Jon should have told them "the queen is flying with her dragon" and escape... or he should have been killed immediately...

3 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

The fact that Jon survived more than two seconds after the Unsullied and Dothraki caught him is utter bullshit...

Jon should have told them "the queen is flying with her dragon" and escape... or he should have been killed immediately...

:agree: If any of the unsullied walked over to him and asked what happened to the Queen all he had to say were these five words, She flew away with Drogon. It isn't even a lie, what would possess him to tell him he stabbed her? it is implausible to the highest degree

8 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

Her last order was to kill all her enemies in the city at that. LOL

7 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

:agree: If any of the unsullied walked over to him and asked what happened to the Queen all he had to say were these five words, She flew away with Drogon. It isn't even a lie, what would possess him to tell him he stabbed her? it is implausible to the highest degree

Him confessing to the unsilied wouldn t only risk his life. What would happen to all the northmen he brought with him? What would happen to the rest of westeros with unsillied and dothriaki doing whatever they want?

Jon's logical action would be to go to his troops and surprise attack danny's troops in order to have them under control. The only reason it didn t happen is because D&D didn t want to have jon as king...

6 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

They contributed the phrase "It is known".

Oh wait, that's something we use here on this forum, can't remember the last time we heard it in the show.

Hmmm..... they're up for charging magical ice demons in the dark without being able to see a thing, while not using any obsidian on their arrakhs and didn't remember to bring any fire either until friendly red witch comes along?

They somehow re-spawn in the break between episodes?

They make crazy invader Queen even more foreign?

They provide work for out-of-work body builders?

They tick some kind of diversity box?

They provide an opportunity for crazy Queen to give some guttural speeches that provide the foreshadowing clues that she's crazy even when she tried to save children before until inexplicably losing it once late in the series, allowing you to say "she crazy all along, Dude, I told ya"

They helped Jason Momoa become Waterman.

C'mon there are so many good reasons!

Archived