[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

7 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

:agree: If any of the unsullied walked over to him and asked what happened to the Queen all he had to say were these five words, She flew away with Drogon. It isn't even a lie, what would possess him to tell him he stabbed her? it is implausible to the highest degree

"Queen flown on Dragon to IKEA" would have been even more convincing, as it forestalls other questions.

2 minutes ago, divica said:

Him confessing to the unsilied wouldn t only risk his life. What would happen to all the northment he brought with him? What would happen to the rest of westeros with unsillied and dothriaki doing whatever they want?

Jon's logical action would be to go to his troops and surprise attack danny's troops in order to have them under control. The only reason it didn t happen is because D&D didn t want to have jon as king...

You're absolutely right, Jons best course of action would be to do whatever it took to get back to his men, I think he would've been wise to retreat to the North and try and mount a resistance from there with whatever Westerosi lords would join him. The whole jon confessing and being held prisoner + the council to elect a new king was a contrived plot device to skip passed a war that should've taken place.

21 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

The fact that Jon survived more than two seconds after the Unsullied and Dothraki caught him is utter bullshit...

Jon should have told them "the queen is flying with her dragon" and escape... or he should have been killed immediately...

Yes he should have been killed. Then its the fans over expectations that we don't appreciate this super realistic script? 

What I see is a lot of bias towards the Starks. Apparently the script was not so forgiving with other characters. Ned chops off the head of a lad because he abandoned the Night Swatch if I remember correct in season one. 

Jon's head should be standing at the gates welcoming the enemies of the Queen and Tyrion should also have been executed since there was no Queen to attribute  justice. Overall all the script after Dany's death was a joke. 

Not to mention that Drogo should have toasted Jon alive. 

2 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

hahaha I get it, she was flying to IKEA to get more flat pack buildings for kingslanding right

Well a new chair for starters since her overgrown pet expressed a dislike for the old one. The pets these days! 

3 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Yes he should have been killed. Then its the fans over expectations that we don't appreciate this super realistic script? 

What I see is a lot of bias towards the Starks. Apparently the script was not so forgiving with other characters. Ned chops off the head of a lad because he abandoned the Night Swatch if I remember correct in season one. 

Jon's head should be standing at the gates welcoming the enemies of the Queen and Tyrion should also have been executed since there was no Queen to attribute  justice. Overall all the script after Dany's death was a joke. 

Not to mention that Drogo should have toasted Jon alive. 

I think most fans don t even care about the starks in this season. 

Just now, divica said:

I think most fans don t even care about the starks in this season. 

How should they care when Sansa is presented as an ungrateful bitch that plots how to kill the only person that came to her rescue?

Arya is a little arrogant super ninja who just supports Sansa without reason? And says "we don't need allies?" Great dear move on to a cave then. 

And Jon is a complete loser all the time manipulated by his sisters? 

2 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

How should they care when Sansa is presented as an ungrateful bitch that plots how to kill the only person that came to her rescue?

Arya is a little arrogant super ninja who just supports Sansa without reason? And says "we don't need allies?" Great dear move on to a cave then. 

You didn't enjoy Jon being rescued by his sisters on every occasion since he was resurrected? or that his only purpose was to knife Daenerys?

1 hour ago, ramla said:

She may have found other things to force her over the edge indeed. However. Jon wasn't her main concern. It was sansa and people using Jon to take the throne. Which actually happens. So her concern was warranted. According to the show that is. There's no excuse for what Dany did, but it can be argued that without Bran's guidance much of this stuff wouldn't have happened.  And I don't think Jons reassurance meant much because she knew what was going to happen... And it did happen. So much for his reassurance (he should have known better and has been written to be terribly dumb and naive for like 3 seasons now).

The whole Gendry thing I chalk up to D&D just not realizing what they were writing in LOL

Why are people still in denial about the fact she's been a psychopath since the beginning? She didn't need Bran's "guidance" to send her over the edge, only her overly inflated ego and sense of self-importance.

Just now, Ice Queen said:

Why are people still in denial about the fact she's been a psychopath since the beginning? She didn't need Bran's "guidance" to send her over the edge, only her overly inflated ego and sense of self-importance.

Because she was never written as a psychopath.

42 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Do not worry, I am not D&D, so the effect on Dany's life expectancy is not lost on me :-) The man had just threatened to kill his sister and her baby, but she's a bad person for not shedding a tear when he has it coming. Can't think about a proper word for this kind of "argument" from them - not sure if I should go with idiocy, chutzpah, or malevolence.

Being obtuse?? 

~looks around for that warden from Shawshank Redemption, LOL~

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK HAVE I JUST SEEN??? THAT WAS THE STRANGEST, MOST UNMOTIVATED EPISODE EVER!!!!

Some things were actually good - or even great. The episode started great, although some things were weird, like Daenerys suddenly wanting to take over all of the world, which she actually hasn't talked about before. She really should have been content with Westeros. But whatever, mostly it was good. But exactly the second when I saw Bran and Sansa and everyone else sitting there for that council the entire thing became completely random/mental.

WHY BRAN?????

Obviously Bran will most likely be a great ruler and he doesn't want power but NEITHER DOES JON, OR SO THEY'VE SAID OVER AND OVER AGAIN. And Jon is a Targaryen, which should mean something. Otherwise, what in SEVEN HELLS was the point of it all??? Just to show that war and all the struggles for the throne is pointless? We already knew that back in season 4 but the show has led us to believe that either Jon or Daenerys can achieve a difference and a better world. Why build both of them up for 8 seasons and then just piss on it? Jon becomes COMPLETELY meaningless. He was not a hero during the Long Night, he doesn't do anything to fulfill a prophecy or do something with his Targaryen heritage. And he doesn't even stay in Winterfell, he returns to the Night's Watch. Sure, the Night's Watch is the place for him in a way but it doesn't even exist anymore nor have a purpose, so it still doesn't make any sense.

Jon killing Daenerys and Drogon burning the Iron Throne were the best things in the entire episode - truly great, and executed brilliantly. But if the Iron Throne is burned, and King's Landing completely ruined, House Targaryen no longer exists or matters, and most kingdoms want to be sovereign - which we know they do - then WHY SHOULD THEY STILL HAVE A KING OF WESTEROS???

The Seven Kingdoms should have all become independent again with the burning of the Iron Throne - ESPECIALLY since the North did. That was super random. Obviously the North is the secondary focus of the show with House Stark but Dorne and the Iron Islands have never wanted to be ruled over either and several other kingdoms would probably want independence as well.

Bran should be in the North, with the Old Gods. He does NOT belong in the South, and he does NOT belong being a politician, which is basically what a king is. He is the Three Eyed Raven and unless they can 100 % guarantee his safety, he should not be down south. He should be in Winterfell or in the cave beyond the wall, keeping the memories and being with the Old Gods.

Arya suddenly deciding to go exploring comes from nowhere at all. But sure, she is adventurous in general and it's probably the most logical thing which happened that I didn't see coming. So fine, whatever, that wasn't too bad. But she is choosing to never see Jon again, which is really sad and strange since their love is basically the core of her heart and all that she is. Why did she talk so much about them being family and why did she choose to leave Braavos and remain Arya Stark if her family and identity doesn't mean anything in the end?

And the Council thing was extremely random and I could just see Peter Dinklage suffering both when he declared Bran king and when he realised that this super random scene with Bronn and everyone was to be the end. And basically, they didn't learn anything because the political game has the potential to just start again. They have established a republic of kings, but who should be king after Bran, then? The next Three Eyed Raven is the only good answer I can think of because anyone else would be too biased to be king. And the Three Eyed Raven is something to do with the Old Gods and should not be "down in that rat's nest they call the capital", to quote Ned.

In short, there were MANY prophecies and connections and symbolism things which should and could have happened but very few of them did. What happened instead was in most cases EXTREMELY random and completely unexpected, with no logical tie to anything that has happened before. So basically, they could just have ignored the entire story and killed off all the characters from the beginning, as soon as possible, and just have Bran be king as soon as he's done being trained by the Three Eyed Raven. Jon and Daenerys were ultimately both completely pointless for the Realm, except saving it from the White Walkers, which were themselves in turn completely pointless, since they didn't want anything, have a purpose which we found out about or anything. And all of this could make sense if they just meant that all of it was to show that progress from this medieval world was the point. But they ignored that as well by having everyone laugh about the possibility of letting commoners decide in a democratic fashion. Of course this can change over the years and now the idea has sprouted but they should have made it clear that it was feasible if that's what they meant.

Also, why the HELL would they include the "A Song of Ice and Fire" meta-perspective of the book if it wasn't even written by Sam, which has been the theory for a super long time? Sam is just the person who gave it a title. They could have at least had him add some chapters to it, but no, apparently this is the work of some super random maester. And also, the book doesn't even feature Tyrion, making it impossible that it is our version of the story. SO WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF THAT META PERSPECTIVE???

- So this is the end then... Well, I sure as Seven Hells don't think and hope it will end like this in the books... But yeah, whatever.

The Others take D&D. Absolute bollocks.

- I've been sitting here for days. Everyone sign the damn "Remake Season 8" petition before I piss myself.

6 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

you are forgeting bran that had several characters sacrificing themselves so that he can be the 3erso that he spends the rest of the series chiling on his wheelchair… Completly irelevant until for some reason people decide to make him king…

1 minute ago, darksellsword said:

You didn't enjoy Jon being rescued by his sisters on every occasion since he was resurrected? or that his only purpose was to knife Daenerys?

They completly ruined jon's story. He was useless in the battle agains the ww, r+l=j was irrelevant, he was irrelevant in danny and his sisters reactions…. Someone certainly didn t like him when they wrote this season scripts.

Just now, darksellsword said:

You are right, I am such an ungrateful fan for not appreciating all these nonsense. :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Because she was never written as a psychopath.

I think she had an inherent darkness to her, but I do agree she was never a psychopath until this season, where just one trigger event seemingly causes all her good intentions to melt into a pool of convenient plot-points over character development.  The Danny the show had established up until the second to last episode would always fight to protect the innocent.  And the Ds reasoning that seeing the Red Keep pushed her over the edge made even less sense than if they'd just not said anything at all.

1 minute ago, divica said:

you are forgeting bran that had several characters sacrificing themselves so that he can be the 3erso that he spends the rest of the series chiling on his wheelchair… Completly irelevant until for some reason people decide to make him king…

They completly ruined jon's story. He was useless in the battle agains the ww, r+l=j was irrelevant, he was irrelevant in danny and his sisters reactions…. Someone certainly didn t like him when they wrote this season scripts.

You are right that I am forgetting Bran but I don't do it in purpose. If somebody else doesn't mention him, he doesn't exist :lmao:in my head. 

55 minutes ago, Ser Hedge said:

Another poster on a different thread compared Bran to Leto II 

Yep and they're right IMO. Leto turned himself into a worm; Bran wants to be a tree, all in the pursuit of a Golden Path for humanity.

Let's not forget that Leto was a brutal tyrant, as was Paul. After a few thousand years Leto was bored with the whole omniscience thing but he was convinced that he'd put humanity on a path that wouldn't result in their self-destruction.

Archived