[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

8 minutes ago, Adam Targaryen said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK HAVE I JUST SEEN??? THAT WAS THE STRANGEST, MOST UNMOTIVATED EPISODE EVER!!!!

Some things were actually good - or even great. The episode started great, although some things were weird, like Daenerys suddenly wanting to take over all of the world, which she actually hasn't talked about before. She really should have been content with Westeros. But whatever, mostly it was good. But exactly the second when I saw Bran and Sansa and everyone else sitting there for that council the entire thing became completely random/mental.

WHY BRAN?????

Obviously Bran will most likely be a great ruler and he doesn't want power but NEITHER DOES JON, OR SO THEY'VE SAID OVER AND OVER AGAIN. And Jon is a Targaryen, which should mean something. Otherwise, what in SEVEN HELLS was the point of it all??? Just to show that war and all the struggles for the throne is pointless? We already knew that back in season 4 but the show has led us to believe that either Jon or Daenerys can achieve a difference and a better world. Why build both of them up for 8 seasons and then just piss on it? Jon becomes COMPLETELY meaningless. He was not a hero during the Long Night, he doesn't do anything to fulfill a prophecy or do something with his Targaryen heritage. And he doesn't even stay in Winterfell, he returns to the Night's Watch. Sure, the Night's Watch is the place for him in a way but it doesn't even exist anymore nor have a purpose, so it still doesn't make any sense.

Jon killing Daenerys and Drogon burning the Iron Throne were the best things in the entire episode - truly great, and executed brilliantly. But if the Iron Throne is burned, and King's Landing completely ruined, House Targaryen no longer exists or matters, and most kingdoms want to be sovereign - which we know they do - then WHY SHOULD THEY STILL HAVE A KING OF WESTEROS???

The Seven Kingdoms should have all become independent again with the burning of the Iron Throne - ESPECIALLY since the North did. That was super random. Obviously the North is the secondary focus of the show with House Stark but Dorne and the Iron Islands have never wanted to be ruled over either and several other kingdoms would probably want independence as well.

Bran should be in the North, with the Old Gods. He does NOT belong in the South, and he does NOT belong being a politician, which is basically what a king is. He is the Three Eyed Raven and unless they can 100 % guarantee his safety, he should not be down south. He should be in Winterfell or in the cave beyond the wall, keeping the memories and being with the Old Gods.

Arya suddenly deciding to go exploring comes from nowhere at all. But sure, she is adventurous in general and it's probably the most logical thing which happened that I didn't see coming. So fine, whatever, that wasn't too bad. But she is choosing to never see Jon again, which is really sad and strange since their love is basically the core of her heart and all that she is. Why did she talk so much about them being family and why did she choose to leave Braavos and remain Arya Stark if her family and identity doesn't mean anything in the end?

And the Council thing was extremely random and I could just see Peter Dinklage suffering both when he declared Bran king and when he realised that this super random scene with Bronn and everyone was to be the end. And basically, they didn't learn anything because the political game has the potential to just start again. They have established a republic of kings, but who should be king after Bran, then? The next Three Eyed Raven is the only good answer I can think of because anyone else would be too biased to be king. And the Three Eyed Raven is something to do with the Old Gods and should not be "down in that rat's nest they call the capital", to quote Ned.

In short, there were MANY prophecies and connections and symbolism things which should and could have happened but very few of them did. What happened instead was in most cases EXTREMELY random and completely unexpected, with no logical tie to anything that has happened before. So basically, they could just have ignored the entire story and killed off all the characters from the beginning, as soon as possible, and just have Bran be king as soon as he's done being trained by the Three Eyed Raven. Jon and Daenerys were ultimately both completely pointless for the Realm, except saving it from the White Walkers, which were themselves in turn completely pointless, since they didn't want anything, have a purpose which we found out about or anything. And all of this could make sense if they just meant that all of it was to show that progress from this medieval world was the point. But they ignored that as well by having everyone laugh about the possibility of letting commoners decide in a democratic fashion. Of course this can change over the years and now the idea has sprouted but they should have made it clear that it was feasible if that's what they meant.

Also, why the HELL would they include the "A Song of Ice and Fire" meta-perspective of the book if it wasn't even written by Sam, which has been the theory for a super long time? Sam is just the person who gave it a title. They could have at least had him add some chapters to it, but no, apparently this is the work of some super random maester. And also, the book doesn't even feature Tyrion, making it impossible that it is our version of the story. SO WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF THAT META PERSPECTIVE???

The Others take D&D. Absolute bollocks.

- I've been sitting here for days. Everyone sign the damn "Remake Season 8" petition before I piss myself.

Very good rant.. I agree with everything.

Just the most burning questions on my scarred mind. 

Is that actual fucking snow? 

How the fuck did Jaime and Cersei’s bodies remain intact after crushed to death by freefalling bricks? 

Why the fuck would Drogon not grill Jon on the spot? 

How the fuck would Jon not get away before GreyWorm captured him? 

Why the fuck would GreyWorm not murder both of them? 

Who the fuck are all these people? 

Why the fuck do they all accept Gendry as a lord?

Where the fuck did you get tens of thousands of northmen after they were annihilated four months ago?

Why the fuck would you name Bran king? 

Why the fuck would anybody accept this? 

Why the fuck is everybody so okay with Northxit? 

Why the fuck would you actually sentence Jon to the Wall AFTER the Unsullied leave?

Why the fuck would the wildlings go back beyond the wall? 

How the fuck did Ghost not bite Jon’s arse after what he pulled in episode 4? 

Why the fuck would you establish a new state and make fun of it? 

Why the fuck would you spend your screen time on literally nothing for a sum of 25 minutes? 

And what in the fucking world happened to Martha? 

My brain is still in recovery. I will be back tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

How the fuck did Jaime and Cersei’s bodies remain intact after crushed to death by freefalling bricks? 

Where the fuck did you get tens of thousands of northmen after they were annihilated four months ago?

Why the fuck would you actually sentence Jon to the Wall AFTER the Unsullied leave?

Why the fuck would you spend your screen time on literally nothing for a sum of 25 minutes? 

All very good questions. Why/where/how the fuck indeed! :lol:

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

I completely agree. The episode was absolutely absurd. But I can maybe answer ONE of your questions, which I do think makes sense in this episode where almost nothing else does.

I think that Drogon let Jon live because - as someone else here on the forum or somewhere else on the Internet said - Drogon realised that Jon was not Daenerys' true enemy, her true enemy was the Iron Throne, which drove her mad with power. So therefore Drogon destroyed the Iron Throne instead. And also I think Drogon understood that Jon was a good man after all and finally Jon is after all the last Targaryen, so Drogon probably didn't want to kill him even despite the fact that he killed Daenerys... But yeah, I understand if you don't accept that as an answer and I will not defend this episode lol.

6 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

And why the fuck are we supposed to like Starks after proving themselves super traitors and ungrateful? Why?

14 minutes ago, Adam Targaryen said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK HAVE I JUST SEEN??? THAT WAS THE STRANGEST, MOST UNMOTIVATED EPISODE EVER!!!!

Some things were actually good - or even great. The episode started great, although some things were weird, like Daenerys suddenly wanting to take over all of the world, which she actually hasn't talked about before. She really should have been content with Westeros. But whatever, mostly it was good. But exactly the second when I saw Bran and Sansa and everyone else sitting there for that council the entire thing became completely random/mental.

WHY BRAN?????

Obviously Bran will most likely be a great ruler and he doesn't want power but NEITHER DOES JON, OR SO THEY'VE SAID OVER AND OVER AGAIN. And Jon is a Targaryen, which should mean something. Otherwise, what in SEVEN HELLS was the point of it all??? Just to show that war and all the struggles for the throne is pointless? We already knew that back in season 4 but the show has led us to believe that either Jon or Daenerys can achieve a difference and a better world. Why build both of them up for 8 seasons and then just piss on it? Jon becomes COMPLETELY meaningless. He was not a hero during the Long Night, he doesn't do anything to fulfill a prophecy or do something with his Targaryen heritage. And he doesn't even stay in Winterfell, he returns to the Night's Watch. Sure, the Night's Watch is the place for him in a way but it doesn't even exist anymore nor have a purpose, so it still doesn't make any sense.

Jon killing Daenerys and Drogon burning the Iron Throne were the best things in the entire episode - truly great, and executed brilliantly. But if the Iron Throne is burned, and King's Landing completely ruined, House Targaryen no longer exists or matters, and most kingdoms want to be sovereign - which we know they do - then WHY SHOULD THEY STILL HAVE A KING OF WESTEROS???

The Seven Kingdoms should have all become independent again with the burning of the Iron Throne - ESPECIALLY since the North did. That was super random. Obviously the North is the secondary focus of the show with House Stark but Dorne and the Iron Islands have never wanted to be ruled over either and several other kingdoms would probably want independence as well.

Bran should be in the North, with the Old Gods. He does NOT belong in the South, and he does NOT belong being a politician, which is basically what a king is. He is the Three Eyed Raven and unless they can 100 % guarantee his safety, he should not be down south. He should be in Winterfell or in the cave beyond the wall, keeping the memories and being with the Old Gods.

Arya suddenly deciding to go exploring comes from nowhere at all. But sure, she is adventurous in general and it's probably the most logical thing which happened that I didn't see coming. So fine, whatever, that wasn't too bad. But she is choosing to never see Jon again, which is really sad and strange since their love is basically the core of her heart and all that she is. Why did she talk so much about them being family and why did she choose to leave Braavos and remain Arya Stark if her family and identity doesn't mean anything in the end?

And the Council thing was extremely random and I could just see Peter Dinklage suffering both when he declared Bran king and when he realised that this super random scene with Bronn and everyone was to be the end. And basically, they didn't learn anything because the political game has the potential to just start again. They have established a republic of kings, but who should be king after Bran, then? The next Three Eyed Raven is the only good answer I can think of because anyone else would be too biased to be king. And the Three Eyed Raven is something to do with the Old Gods and should not be "down in that rat's nest they call the capital", to quote Ned.

In short, there were MANY prophecies and connections and symbolism things which should and could have happened but very few of them did. What happened instead was in most cases EXTREMELY random and completely unexpected, with no logical tie to anything that has happened before. So basically, they could just have ignored the entire story and killed off all the characters from the beginning, as soon as possible, and just have Bran be king as soon as he's done being trained by the Three Eyed Raven. Jon and Daenerys were ultimately both completely pointless for the Realm, except saving it from the White Walkers, which were themselves in turn completely pointless, since they didn't want anything, have a purpose which we found out about or anything. And all of this could make sense if they just meant that all of it was to show that progress from this medieval world was the point. But they ignored that as well by having everyone laugh about the possibility of letting commoners decide in a democratic fashion. Of course this can change over the years and now the idea has sprouted but they should have made it clear that it was feasible if that's what they meant.

Also, why the HELL would they include the "A Song of Ice and Fire" meta-perspective of the book if it wasn't even written by Sam, which has been the theory for a super long time? Sam is just the person who gave it a title. They could have at least had him add some chapters to it, but no, apparently this is the work of some super random maester. And also, the book doesn't even feature Tyrion, making it impossible that it is our version of the story. SO WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF THAT META PERSPECTIVE???

20 minutes ago, Adam Targaryen said:

WHY BRAN?????

- I've been sitting here for days. Everyone sign the damn "Remake Season 8" petition before I piss myself.

My heart, I love the quote from The Ned.  I just had to give you appreciation for that. 

And yes, I miss that saying and it is oh so appropriate:  May The Others take them both!! 

12 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

We see her chapters through her eyes--of course she doesn't see herself as such. 

We see chapters through Cersei's eyes and yet we all can still tell that Cersei is a hateful lunatic who thinks she is smarter than she actually is.

5 minutes ago, Adam Targaryen said:

I completely agree. The episode was absolutely absurd. But I can maybe answer ONE of your questions, which I do think makes sense in this episode where almost nothing else does.

I think that Drogon let Jon live because - as someone else here on the forum or somewhere else on the Internet said - Drogon realised that Jon was not Daenerys' true enemy, her true enemy was the Iron Throne, which drove her mad with power. So therefore Drogon destroyed the Iron Throne instead. And also I think Drogon understood that Jon was a good man after all and finally Jon is after all the last Targaryen, so Drogon probably didn't want to kill him even despite the fact that he killed Daenerys... But yeah, I understand if you don't accept that as an answer and I will not defend this episode lol.

Who knew that dragons were capable of such complex thought and abstract reasoning?

It makes you wonder how the other two dragons were nerfed and shot down. You'd think they would've been able to see a projectile coming their way and attempt to dodge.

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

My heart, I love the quote from The Ned.  I just had to give you appreciation for that. 

And yes, I miss that saying and it is oh so appropriate:  May The Others take them both!! 

Haha thankyou, I'm glad to find someone who thinks alike. It feels good to be on the Forum again after this finale...

That saying should be used more, I'm glad you like it too

And yes, of course, love Ned and what he said <3 

3 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

And why the fuck are we supposed to like Starks after proving themselves super traitors and ungrateful? Why?

By the way... does somebody remember Meera Reed? The girl who protected, guided and dragged king Bran's ass through snow, mountains, woods, beasts, psychotic pseudo-vikings, undead and shit? The girl whose brother died for Bran's sake? You would think she would have received some form or recognition or reward, don't you...?

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Who knew that dragons were capable of such complex thought and abstract reasoning?

Maesters? It's in the canon that dragons are intelligent and some maesters think they are more intelligent than men. That seems a bit like a reach. They are however bind to their riders will in ways that are not understood. It is not far fetched that Drogon shared some emotions with her during all these years and managed to piece 1+1 together.

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

We see chapters through Cersei's eyes and yet we all can still tell that Cersei is a hateful lunatic who thinks she is smarter than she actually is.

That's true. But Daenerys has Jorah, Barristan and later Missy to keep her in check. Even so, her high and mighty conviction that she's a god with a destiny comes through loud and clear, enabled by those same advisers...including Tyrion. She was in single minded pursuit of a throne she had no claim to, and shr's not doing it out of some benevolent motive--she is hell bent on vengeance. 

It's worth noting that she was always a sidenote to Varys' plans. Varys is going to put Aegon on the IT or die trying. He will hinder her in any way he can.

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

It makes you wonder how the other two dragons were nerfed and shot down. You'd think they would've been able to see a projectile coming their way and attempt to dodge.

I do think that the dragons are at least as smart as border collies, the most intelligent breed of dog, in the show. They might be even more clever. Some maesters believe that they are even smarter than men - of course, if they are, it's a different kind of intelligence, and intelligence isn't the same thing as for example understanding human languages and so forth. But yes, I do think that the dragons have a relatively high intelligence, and especially a high intuition and emotional analytical ability, so that they see and analyse and feel and understand most of what is going on with the humans, even if they can't understand what everyone is saying all the time. So yes, I think that Drogon could understand that the Iron Throne was the source for Daenerys' madness and that Jon was sorry for having killed her and so forth... Otherwise I don't think Drogon would have burnt down the Iron Throne. One could of course claim that he did that just because D&D are idiots and nothing made sense but I really do think that he did it for a reason and that it can be explained via Drogon's feelings and thoughts.

Just now, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Maesters? It's in the canon that dragons are intelligent and some maesters think they are more intelligent than men. That seems a bit like a reach. They are however bind to their riders will in ways that are not understood. It is not far fetched that Drogon shared some emotions with her during all these years and managed to piece 1+1 together.

When was that mentioned in the show?

So dragons are capable of high-level deductive reasoning and emotional intelligence but they can't seem to be able to fly out of harm's way

Even pigeons know how to move out of the way when something or someone comes at them.

2 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

By the way... does somebody remember Meera Reed? The girl who protected, guided and dragged king Bran's ass through snow, mountains, woods, beasts, psychotic pseudo-vikings, undead and shit? The girl whose brother died for Bran's sake? You would think she would have received some form or recognition or reward, don't you...?

:rofl:

Only the cowards, the useless and the traitors are getting rewards here. :lmao:

Let me see Meera:  no she doesn't match the profile. Sorry :devil:

19 hours ago, greel said:

If you ever saw the cult movie Two-Lane Blacktop, the picture just ended by the camera running out of film.  That would have been a wiser way to go for this series.

I'm collecting my list of "better endings than the one we got." It could become a very large (damn near infinite) list. Thus, I'll have to cull it considerably by just collecting the stuff I really like. Your suggestion will be pretty close to the top. 

Wrt Bran

It would not surprise me in the least if GRRM's plan is for Bran to rule Westeros at the end of the story, after all he has said that Bran was the fisrt character he created and the rest of the story grew around him.  Even if it's the ultimate plan, the way the show got there was very deus ex machina.  It;s not developed or built to at all, just poof here is the outcome.  This wasn't the only example, D&D did this a lot in order to keep Cersei in power as well.  If we didn't have the books for context, probably a lot of other things would feel this way as well.

18 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

LOLOL  Where IS our little Martha? 

My brain is still reeling as if from the effects of a shitty hallucinogenic that wasn't that good, just weird and long lasting.  

Archived