[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

3 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

The whole Jon not even being mentioned at the meeting as a possibility really was irksome.  So we spent all this time building a story where he was the rightful Targ heir, and then in the end-run, everybody that was ever loyal to him, even those that had expelled great effort to bring him this information, basically went, "meh, it was Bran in the closet with a candlestick all along!"  WHAT?

I really feel like that last episode was just D&D wiping their hands of the characters they were sick of and destroying what was left of the world of Westeros.

D&D was too busy planning out the new Star Wars movie, that they forgot about Game of Thrones, the threw away 8 years worth of plots and prophecies to make Bran the Blase king. 

A Song of Ice and Fire? Nah.

The Tale of a Cripple and a Dwarf. Hmmm.

Or how about:

How a Cripple, a Dwarf, a Goth Queen and a  chubby Manchild got what they wanted (after setting up clueless douchebag male protagonist into offing female protagonist subverting all protagonist tropes)

Featuring Dragons, Zombies, Ice Dudes, Eunuchs, Twincest, Savages, a Ninja girl, some Knights in the beginning but then not so much, Pirates, Fire Witches, Mammoths, Direwolves (eh? no budget for those ?) and much more!

Special cameos by a couple of actual actors like Charles Dance and Diana Rigg!

Biggest mistake in this whole season (and a bit with few previous seasons as well) has been the writing which doesn't feel like it "lives it's own life" through characters, but it is written and forced down the characters throats. Why Martins writing is so intelligent, is that the "characters write the script" so to speak. Which is why many things written by D&D and in the last season feel "out of place", out of character, disappointing and "left open".

Heres just a fewww things:

-If Dragons are so intelligent, they should've established that in the show more, to show how they can make intelligent decisions.

-It would have been more interesting to see Danys turn to the dark side earlier and see her personal struggle.

-Extremely illogical how none of the closest characters to Jon ever stood up for him and suggested him as Aegon Targaryen, the true heir to the iron throne.

-What happened to all the letters Varys sent out, or what was the purpose to film it in such detail if they weren't sent out - crappy visual storytelling.

-Arya didn't use her face-swap skill at all?????

-What happened to all the prophesies????? It was just a waste of time to even talk about them in eralier seasons if NONE of them were brought up.

-The councel meeting felt like a bad joke, as if the actors were just rehearsing. Wheel was not broken, it was all the same again.

- ..IF YOU WANNA MAKE BRAN AS A COOL CHOICE FOR A KING... How about include him in season 5, also how about show us more what Bran can see, establish him more, let us see into his world, maybe he could've warged a Dragon at some point - establish a character so that the viewers can root for him as well. Viewers have zero emotional connection with that creepy character.

-WHY THE HECK was JON made into such a mindless halfwit - someone who has led so many wars, how can he be so blinded by love - I can't even. 

Like I said, the writing obviously comes from the writers and is forced upon the story, and not from the characters.

2 minutes ago, Ghosteline said:

What happened to all the letters Varys sent out, or what was the purpose to film it in such detail if they werent sent out - crappy visual storytelling.

They were sent to the same recipients in the letters Talisa wrote back in series whatever. 

34 minutes ago, steenkash said:

What pissed me off the most was the absolute betrayal by Sam. Jon, carried him for years, and risked his life multiple times to protect him - and in return, we are expected to believe he shows no loyalty towards Jon by not speaking up at the hearing? Instead, Dumb and Dumber have him sitting his fat ass comfortably on the council as the grand master of  Kings Landing. 

Sam was a huge disappoint too. HUGE. And now he’s Grand Maester? What? He dropped out of maester school and stole property before fleeing. Property that never had any significance WHATSOEVER. And he shacked up w/ Gilly and is now going to be a daddy! Awwww how adorable! Fucking NOT. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Sam was a huge disappoint too. HUGE. And now he’s Grand Maester? What? He dropped out of maester school and stole property before fleeing. Property that never had any significance WHATSOEVER. And he shacked up w/ Gilly and is now going to be a daddy! Awwww how adorable! Fucking NOT. 

The worst part is when he takes out the 'A song of ice and fire' book, I felt like slapping his face right there and then. Also, he didn't even give Jon a goodbye, does he think his fat ass is too good for Jon, now he is in his stupid white drapes. 

3 minutes ago, Ghosteline said:

<snip> -If Dragons are so intelligent, they should've established that in the show more, to show how they can make intelligent decisions. <snip>

Although I ultimately went a completely different career direction, when I was a kid I read everything I could find about animal intelligence. I'm also a big dragon fan, so I closely watched the dragons for signs of intelligence. Many dragons in fantasy literature have human intelligence or even greater.

But every sign we have seen for GOT dragons points firmly to animal intelligence. Definitely smarter than cats, perhaps slightly smarter than dogs/horses but that's as far as I would go. Definitely not ape level. Definitely not able to understand an abstraction like the meaning of the Iron Throne.

I would have preferred Daenerys, after anticipating and blocking Jons attempt on her life, summons everyone up to the throne room, and then dracarys not on Jon, Tyrion, or anybody else, but melting just the throne down to molten mush, then hopping on the back of Drogon, heads back to Essos vowing never to return to the messy plots, deceits and intrigues that is Westeros.

4 minutes ago, steenkash said:

The worst part is when he takes out the 'A song of ice and fire' book, I felt like slapping his face right there and then. Also, he didn't even give Jon a goodbye, does he think his fat ass is too good for Jon, now he is in his stupid white drapes. 

Aaaaaaarrrrrgghhhh, don’t get me started on that fucking fuckery!!! I could rant  by myself for pages and pages just on that! :bang:

3 minutes ago, Pinn said:

I would have preferred Daenerys, after anticipating and blocking Jons attempt on her life, summons everyone up to the throne room, and then dracarys not on Jon, Tyrion, or anybody else, but melting just the throne down to molten mush, then hopping on the back of Drogon, heads back to Essos vowing never to return to the messy plots, deceits and intrigues that is Westeros.

And find herself a house with a red door.

18 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah...just what was in those water bottles anyway?!! :drunk:

That coffee cup was suspicious, too. I'd bet on strangler that choked the original Dany, and then a faceless man took her place and did all that stuff she never would have done. Then s/he faked her death and had Drogon get him/her back to Braavos to report mission accomplished, with one remaining Targ dead and the other sentenced to a life of no reproduction.

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Aaaaaaarrrrrgghhhh, don’t get me started on that fucking fuckery!!! I could rant  by myself for pages and pages just on that! :bang:

I'll give ya a tee-up.  The Kingdoms should be decimated at that point, broke and using what little they have to rebuild.  So why did the lettering and filligree on that book look like the most expensive, ridiculously over the top golden and blue (another dye that's expensive in non-modern times) and red (again) bullshit?

At least they got to play a dig on Tyrion being so non-important he doesn't even register in the book.  Real funny D&D.  Fuckwads.

1 minute ago, Ygrain said:

That coffee cup was suspicious, too. I'd bet on strangler that choked the original Dany, and then a faceless man took her place and did all that stuff she never would have done. Then s/he faked her death and had Drogon get him/her back to Braavos to report mission accomplished, with one remaining Targ dead and the other sentenced to a life of no reproduction.

I vote for this ending!  At least it explains a few things...

17 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

Although I ultimately went a completely different career direction, when I was a kid I read everything I could find about animal intelligence. I'm also a big dragon fan, so I closely watched the dragons for signs of intelligence. Many dragons in fantasy literature have human intelligence or even greater.

But every sign we have seen for GOT dragons points firmly to animal intelligence. Definitely smarter than cats, perhaps slightly smarter than dogs/horses but that's as far as I would go. Definitely not ape level. Definitely not able to understand an abstraction like the meaning of the Iron Throne.

Deee-ep sigh

17 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Yara wanted to marry her.  At least she wouldn't have stabbed her through the heart.

It’s not even through the heart. It’s more towards the right side, and lower than where the heart should be. Maybe the liver, or the inferior lobe of the right lung.  In other words, the hackery and sloppiness is so bad that they don’t even know/try to get right exactly where the heart is. :lol:

I just checked that GoT petition and it is almost 1.5 million signers.  Say what you want about the value or worth, a million and a half people (almost) have put their names on it.  That is a lot of disappointed, angry people.

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It’s not even through the heart. It’s more towards the right side, and lower than where the heart should be. Maybe the liver, or the inferior lobe of the right lung.  In other words, the hackery and sloppiness is so bad that they don’t even know/try to get right exactly where the heart is. :lol:

That is just what I was squinting at and rewatching as well. I was like, "dude, that's the solar plexus."

Showrunners. What'cha gonna do with them :dunno:

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

That is just what I was squinting at and rewatching as well. I was like, "dude, that's the solar plexus."

Showrunners. What'cha gonna do with them :dunno:

Stick ‘em with the pointy end. Dracarys? 

And I mean the pointy end and Dracarys of my WORDS, I’m not saying anything more than that. :D

Archived