[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

20 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Tada.

The 'yuck, we're related' thing and Varys claiming it was not the Stark way is just more hammering on to completely eliminate any chance of an alliance through marriage.

And, quite out of keeping with the behaviour of medieval royalty.

22 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Tada.

The 'yuck, we're related' thing and Varys claiming it was not the Stark way is just more hammering on to completely eliminate any chance of an alliance through marriage.

But Sansa and Jon don’t know their grandfathers. They were raised by Eddard stark and they won’t engage in incest. 

Just now, Kaapstad said:

But Sansa and Jon don’t know their grandfathers. They were raised by Eddard stark and they won’t engage in incest. 

In the show.

Which is tailored as a narrative to remove certain plot points that could create conflict or complexity.

It was all about streamlining things to a simple, direct exit scenario.

I just rewatched the ending and noticed something. Does Jon end up hating Bran and Sansa at the end? Firstly Bran gives Jon an evil smirk and says you were in the right place at the right time. Then Jon gets up looking shocked takes a long look at Sansa, it looks as if he puts 2 and 2 together and realises they manipulated him into killing Dany or am I reading too much into it?

10 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

In the show.

Which is tailored as a narrative to remove certain plot points that could create conflict or complexity.

It was all about streamlining things to a simple, direct exit scenario.

It's probably also related to them trying to stay within todays social boundaries regardless of if it made any sense in the setting. 

The last season turned into Jon being a completely typical "hero" and having sex with your aunt isn't considered "hero" behavior by todays standards(stabbing as you kiss her though apparently is.....)

10 hours ago, Juligen said:

actually, the ending of the show left us with a huge possibility for a Jon and Sansa union in the future. Jon is now with the wildlings, and its believed to be the Next King beyond the wall; Sansa is the last Stark daughter  left in Winterfell and her only remain brother cant father children (the show made sure to tell us that in the finla episode).

So its shapping up for a repeat of the Bael the Bard song. Funny enough, the first time his song is mentioned in the books its in the chapter where Jon meets Ygrite, his red hair lover. Bael impregnated the Winterfell daughter and their child continued the Stark line. 

Isnt this amazing??? thats the beauty of having characters surviving the end of the story. Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities

I see. I thought you'd given up on that? At least you said you had when I asked you. But yeah, let's see how they address Jonsa in the next series. Oh, wait...

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I see. I thought you'd given up on that? At least you said you had when I asked you. But yeah, let's see how they address Jonsa in the next series. Oh, wait...

The horrifying thing is, I could see them coming up with a sequel, involving Jonsa and Wight Daenerys, in fact the fanfics write themselves.

25 minutes ago, Kaapstad said:

I just rewatched the ending and noticed something. Does Jon end up hating Bran and Sansa at the end? Firstly Bran gives Jon an evil smirk and says you were in the right place at the right time. Then Jon gets up looking shocked takes a long look at Sansa, it looks as if he puts 2 and 2 together and realises they manipulated him into killing Dany or am I reading too much into it?

They made Jon pretty dumb this season. I doubt he'll ever realize that he was used by anyone. 

On 5/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, Nightwish said:

And why the fuck are we supposed to like Starks after proving themselves super traitors and ungrateful? Why?

Exactly. By the time Season 8  rolled around there wasn't a Stark left who was even remotely likeable. A far superior ending would have been for Daenarys to prove she's "crazy" by killing all the remaining Starks, starting with Sansa on the "slow screaming roast" setting. :-)

That would have made the series more tragic, and then you could have had Dany killed by either an incensed Brienne or heart-broken Gendry. Then, you crown Gendry the king, as he is the only person left alive in Westeros with any real claim to the throne.

You've now knocked out the dumb manner the North secedes and Tyrion would then be the Warden of the North. Through his marriage to Sansa, he's the only viable claim to Winterfell.

Now, there's a far better ending and one I could get behind, and root for, especially as those annoying Starks are killed off..

21 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

They made Jon pretty dumb this season. I doubt he'll ever realize that he was used by anyone. 

Yeah he just repeats the same lines like a pokemon. If anyone watches his character in Season 8 without watching the previous seasons, they would think is nothing but a loser character 

1. I don’t want it

2. She is my queen

3. The Night King is coming

4. Fall back

5. I have never been a Stark. 

6. You don’t know her yet.

7. She will be a good queen. 

Kit Harrington gets paid 938000 to say this on repeat. 

5 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

I agree, this was shocking but hey this is typical D&D's BS: when she's on the battlement she tells Arya "I want to be with my people", five minutes later she is with "her" people and she only interacts with Tyrion, neglecting all her Lady duties.

D&D kind of forgot that Sansa led the prayer and songs in Maegor's Holdfast during the Battle of the Blackwater.

Imagine Catelyn or Margaery in this situation: every elderly, every woman, every children would be busy doing something in these crypts…

The list of things they "kind of forgot" is getting rather extensive...

On 5/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, kissdbyfire said:

I will just leave these here... because both are truer now than ever before.

https://kissdbyfire.tumblr.com/image/121182923048

:D

Iirc the the doctor and his aid (B&W) had this conversation:

b:‘who’s brain did you take?’

w:’Don’t know, Abby something’

b:’Abby what?’

w(happy):’Ab normal’

Archived