:D

Iirc the the doctor and his aid (B&W) had this conversation:

b:‘who’s brain did you take?’

w:’Don’t know, Abby something’

b:’Abby what?’

w(happy):’Ab normal’

Awww, Abby Normal, LOLOL 

4 hours ago, Kaapstad said:

I just rewatched the ending and noticed something. Does Jon end up hating Bran and Sansa at the end? Firstly Bran gives Jon an evil smirk and says you were in the right place at the right time. Then Jon gets up looking shocked takes a long look at Sansa, it looks as if he puts 2 and 2 together and realises they manipulated him into killing Dany or am I reading too much into it?

as usually is with bad writing, nothing is clear
but that would have made an interesting ending if they actually went with that plot twist, clearly turning Sansa and Bran into the bad guys with Jon only realizing he was manipulated at the end

I don't know if it's just Kit Harington's bad acting combined with the writing, but idk what they were trying to convey if anything at all

19 minutes ago, Nami said:

but that would have made an interesting ending if they actually went with that plot twist, clearly turning Sansa and Bran into the bad guys with Jon only realizing he was manipulated at the end

I don't know if it's just Kit Harington's bad acting combined with the writing, but idk what they were trying to convey if anything at all

They called me Mr. Glass..

Muahahaha

4 hours ago, Nami said:

Yep, exactly. In some instances they probably thought they were being clever leaving certain things in there that could be interpreted in different ways and create ongoing discussion. Newsflash D&D: There is nothing remotely clever about how you wrapped up the series, or indeed any substantial decision you have taken since S2. 

Show only fans that hadn't already decided to hate her since Qarth can't agree why exactly Dany went mad. 

No one really knows why Sandra was acting the way she was acting. In the end she seems somewhat justified only because Jon's auntie very conveniently goes mad. Self-fulfilling.

Ditto Varys in a way.

Jon's character ruined beyond all redemption. A lot of show only fans think he's just a loser who gets manipulated by every one. Is that subversion? I think Forrest Gump already did that one, so not even.

No heroes, no villains. Just douchebags, caricatures, cardboard cut-outs, bitches and crazy ass psychos. Awesome.

Oh and to improve LOTR's lack of detail on Aragon's tax policy, we get the amazing small council discussion, yeah, amazing.

You could have literally taken any of 90% fan fic endings and ended up with something better that might have retained some re-watch value of earlier seasons.

No wonder Charles Dance isn't pleased. It's like his performances turned out to be for a Conan movie.

1 hour ago, Ser Hedge said:

You could have literally taken any of 90% fan fic endings and ended up with something better that might have retained some re-watch value of earlier seasons.

Agree totally. And for some fan fic endings posts, the author admits that they came up with the idea in 10 minutes, and they're still all better than what we got from D&D. 

Ugh. Sigh. 

10 hours ago, hewman said:

Iirc the the doctor and his aid (B&W) had this conversation:

b:‘who’s brain did you take?’

w:’Don’t know, Abby something’

b:’Abby what?’

w(happy):’Ab normal’

That’s exactly right. 

Calling someone “Abe” became sort of a pvt joke to describe someone who might not be all there. :lol:

I love Mel Brooks, and Young Frankenstein is absolutely brilliant, Monty Python level of brilliant! 

ETA: and that photo... turns out it illustrates so well what’s happened to the show, don’t you think? Even each actor’s face matches up perfectly. So Mel Brooks is even brilliant in unwittingly helping to poke fun at GoT! :D

3 hours ago, Ser Hedge said:

No wonder Charles Dance isn't pleased. It's like his performances turned out to be for a Conan movie.

Oi! The Conan films are awesome! :fencing:

In a super cheesy and hilarious way, but still...

GoT wishes it could lick the soles of Conan’s boots. :P

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

So Mel Brooks is even brilliant in unwittingly helping to poke fun at GoT!

I would certainly like to see a younger and more pretty Mel Brooks come up with “A History of The World of Ice and Fire”. A huge amount of source material :)

3 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Here's an argument many of you will enjoy - just look at the title!

I regard the article as a bit scurrilous - clickbait if you will, but in a good way - it keeps the argument alive and moves it forward with legitimate arguments.

Daenerys was right: King’s Landing had to burn

If she'd gone straight to the Red Keep, I'd be more willing to bend the knee to this theory.

In another thread, someone mentioned the possibilty that Stannis might be modelled after King Phillip II of Castilla, but I'm using that bit of history to showcase yet another iffy point about the ellective system.

King D. Sebastian, a young idealistic fool as many describe him, went off on a self styled crusade in the late fifteen hundreds and got disappeared in North Africa, leaving no direct descendants.

What followed was not exactly an ellection, but a multitude of pretenders to the throne of Portugal sprung up and campaigned for their right.

Even if you consider that only three had a somewhat viable claim, and you can say it was a matter of sucession, not choosing, Phillip's claim as a daughter's son was not as straightforward as others' by which point he simply said:

Fuck it, give me the damn throne or I'll invade.

Who's stopping Bronn or his descendant as Lord of the Reachest - see that there? - from doing the same?

Or Sansa's descendants from saying 'fuck this, your system's' shitty?

35 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

If she'd gone straight to the Red Keep, I'd be more willing to bend the knee to this theory.

In another thread, someone mentioned the possibilty that Stannis might be modelled after King Phillip II of Castilla, but I'm using that bit of history to showcase yet another iffy point about the ellective system.

King D. Sebastian, a young idealistic fool as many describe him, went off on a self styled crusade in the late fifteen hundreds and got disappeared in North Africa, leaving no direct descendants.

What followed was not exactly an ellection, but a multitude of pretenders to the throne of Portugal sprung up and campaigned for their right.

Even if you consider that only three had a somewhat viable claim, and you can say it was a matter of sucession, not choosing, Phillip's claim as a daughter's son was not as straightforward as others' by which point he simply said:

Fuck it, give me the damn throne or I'll invade.

Who's stopping Bronn or his descendant as Lord of the Reachest - see that there? - from doing the same?

Burning down the city is worse than a crime, it's a blunder.  It's a massively valuable piece of real property.  Old Nick would not have approved.  But, it's just a plot contrivance.

3 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Well, basically our tree-king can see the earliest signs of troop movements or any funny business and nip revolts in the bud. Remember, he's good for 1000 years!

It speaks volumes about D&D’s writing that I felt empty when Jon killed Dany. Even when Jon gets exiled the farewells are sad but kinda normal by video games and movie standards. On the other hand, I just can’t rewatch Ned Stark’s death or the Red Wedding without getting punched in the gut. I felt zero satisfaction when they killed the Night King. On the other hand, I get sadistic pleasure watching Joffrey die and Ramsay getting eaten by his own hands. I really hope this travesty gives GRRM the kick he needs to write the books fast. He can’t publicly speak about it but he must be enraged seeing how they butchered his life’s work. 

9 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Here's an argument many of you will enjoy - just look at the title!

I regard the article as a bit scurrilous - clickbait if you will, but in a good way - it keeps the argument alive and moves it forward with legitimate arguments.

Daenerys was right: King’s Landing had to burn

:ack:

Burning the whole defending army and the Red Keep telegraphed her resolution to burn any opposition just fine. Burning her subjects left and right was superfluous. Plus, if it was a decided upon strategy which Dany merely failed to communicate to her subordinates, she failed to communicated it to the audience, as well.

Oh, and I find it funny that on the one hand, the author quotes the books to support their argument that the Stark rule over the North was weak, yet on the other hand makes ridiculous claims like "Robert's rebellion was over fake news" or "it is unclear to what extent Aerys was really mad" as if they never read the books.

21 minutes ago, Kaapstad said:

It speaks volumes about D&D’s writing that I felt empty when Jon killed Dany. Even when Jon gets exiled the farewells are sad but kinda normal by video games and movie standards. On the other hand, I just can’t rewatch Ned Stark’s death or the Red Wedding without getting punched in the gut. I felt zero satisfaction when they killed the Night King. On the other hand, I get sadistic pleasure watching Joffrey die and Ramsay getting eaten by his own hands. I really hope this travesty gives GRRM the kick he needs to write the books fast. He can’t publicly speak about it but he must be enraged seeing how they butchered his life’s work. 

Very much true. The final season had zero emotional impact, minus the annoyance at its stupidity.

15 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oi! The Conan films are awesome! :fencing:

In a super cheesy and hilarious way, but still...

GoT wishes it could lick the soles of Conan’s boots. :P

To be fair I really liked them at the time as well, even if that was really sooooo long ago.

They are easy and uncomplicated, tell you straight up what to expect and deliver exactly on those lines. Good honest, cinema I suppose.

GOT should have tried that formula from the beginning as well.

Look here are Tyrion and Bron, don't y'all love them, so smart. And then you have Brienne and Davos, boring, but they're the good guys. Oh, that's Arya, she's uber cool - girl power! And Sansa, even smarter than Tyrion, woooaaaa. That Jon over there? Yeah, don't mind him too much, he's really dumb, but stuff just keeps happening when he's there y'know? He and Ghost are like Shaggy and Scooby Doo. And like any Scooby story, you'll never guess who da villain is! No, really!

5 minutes ago, Ser Hedge said:

He and Ghost are like Shaggy and Scooby Doo. And like any Scooby story, you'll never guess who da villain is! No, really

Cartoon villain!Daenerys, she of the grizzly crazy woman hairdo, bitching 'I would've done it if it weren't for those meddling Stark kids!' before Shaggy shanks her.

Archived