[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

35 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Just watched Morgan Freeman's GoT recap.

Aw, thank you! 

“Wish she’d killed off that little creepy raven boy, though, but you can’t always have what you want in life”. Great minds think alike :D

18 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oi! The Conan films are awesome! :fencing:

In a super cheesy and hilarious way, but still...

GoT wishes it could lick the soles of Conan’s boots. :P

And did I just see Dance on the Godzilla trailer? Saying 'Long live the King', no less?

I guess like us he just needed some clarification as to the show he was a part of?

The old Conan movies were awesome.

The other day a Basil Poledouris track randomly dropped into my Spotify and I grinned like an idiot.

Grace Jones was the bomb.

1 hour ago, hewman said:

Aw, thank you! 

“Wish she’d killed off that little creepy raven boy, though, but you can’t always have what you want in life”. Great minds think alike :D

Amen to that.

Quoting from the Rate Poll thread, but ranting in here:

On 5/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, ToddDavid said:

(snip).  The Long Night alone had already occupied 11 weeks of shooting, and it mentally & physically wore the cast & 750 crew members out.  

“Nothing can prepare you for how physically draining it is,” actress Maisie Williams, who portrays Arya Stark on the show, told EW. “It’s night after night, and again and again, and it just doesn’t stop. You can’t get sick, and you have to look out for yourself because there’s so much to do that nobody else can do… there are moments you’re just broken as a human and just want to cry.”

All the while on the writers' side, the effort culminates in "Dany kinda forgot about Euron's fleet" and in not even bothering to check the wiki for the fact that Gendry might be a Waters rather than a Rivers...
And that's why the atrociously lazy writing is even more an insult than just an insult to the audience's intelligence. It is an insult to the tremendous work of actors and crew, it shows no respect for their engagement, it sells all their crafts out for cheap bangs and petty statements.

2 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

And did I just see Dance on the Godzilla trailer? Saying 'Long live the King', no less?

I guess like us he just needed some clarification as to the show he was a part of?

The old Conan movies were awesome.

The other day a Basil Poledouris track randomly dropped into my Spotify and I grinned like an idiot.

Grace Jones was the bomb.

I will wear a :dunce: for my Conan blasphemies.

12 hours ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

My brain was fixed in a long line of no no no no no NOOOOOOOOO 

Idk if it was expected, Jon Snow should have fought the Night King, I Will say it till my dying breath

Yep, can you seriously expect Conan stepping aside and let his little sister take the big bad down? "Zeez iz called sahbverzshun, ja? Zeez iz what we are doing now"

Nah, doesn't work.

Speaking of movies/television that lose the thread when converting from novels, I recently learned that Scyfy network got hold of the rights to Dan Simmons Hyperion Cantos.  The Shrike should be turned loose on them before they actually desecrate that sacred cow.  Lord, the horrors they could unleash.  We thought GoT ended up a shit-show?  Imagine Scyfy's typical nonsense interspersed with brief flashes of metal and the tree of pain?  It makes me wonder who in Simmons' management team decided to destroy him.

After having some time to ponder the end of Game of Thrones, I actually think I dislike it more with each passing day.  It's like a festering mold that crawled into my brain and insists on growing.  How could any of that have made sense to them?  Was no one on the production team in a position to ask WTF they were thinking?  Would they have listened had they gotten the question?

I've noticed they've run to ground since the finale.  I wonder if they're laughing like cartoon villains at the disgust people feel?

2 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

Speaking of movies/television that lose the thread when converting from novels, I recently learned that Scyfy network got hold of the rights to Dan Simmons Hyperion Cantos.  The Shrike should be turned loose on them before they actually desecrate that sacred cow.  Lord, the horrors they could unleash.  We thought GoT ended up a shit-show?  Imagine Scyfy's typical nonsense interspersed with brief flashes of metal and the tree of pain?  It makes me wonder who in Simmons' management team decided to destroy him.

Eh... I imagine that an adaptation might be doable, but....

Let me guess: a lot of Kassad/Moneta and Brawne/John because, sex and romance, at the expense of anything else, and cool fight liquid Terminator style.

44 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

After having some time to ponder the end of Game of Thrones, I actually think I dislike it more with each passing day.  It's like a festering mold that crawled into my brain and insists on growing.  How could any of that have made sense to them?  Was no one on the production team in a position to ask WTF they were thinking?  Would they have listened had they gotten the question?

I agree with this. I want to just move on and accept the disasters that S7 & S8 were, but I keep coming back because the festering mold turd feels worse and worse with each passing day. 

1 hour ago, Dragons Are Real said:

I've noticed they've run to ground since the finale.  I wonder if they're laughing like cartoon villains at the disgust people feel?

What? Gods, Hyperion Cantos are at the top of my favorite books, but unlike ASOIAF, there is quite a few things that could and should be changed when translating to tv format.

I am having the same reaction to the last season as you.

I wonder how much does George truly hate the show's last years, or how much of the inconvenient truth is he willing to admit to himself about total and absolute ineptness of Benioff and Weiss... and how much will the reaction of the audience, especially the book reading audience, affect his own writing, I mean, if he ever gets to write the ending...

I wonder if we'll ever get to Mars with a human crew...

I wonder how many Milky Way rolls takes to fill an Olympic pool...

I wonder...

1 hour ago, Ygrain said:

Eh... I imagine that an adaptation might be doable, but....

Let me guess: a lot of Kassad/Moneta and Brawne/John because, sex and romance, at the expense of anything else, and cool fight liquid Terminator style.

It's scyfy.  They'll throw sharknadoes and giant crocs in just because.  Of all networks to get those stories?  Really?

Somebody get Han Snow a medic?  I think the spiral got 'im.

37 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

Conleth Hill table read reaction to Varys death (Last Watch video clip)

More videos soon.  I'm doing panels at a local convention this weekend.

There were so many signals that their script was awful… Why didn t they do something about it? why?

6 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

They are enjoying how much they subverted our expectations I am sure.

32 minutes ago, divica said:

There were so many signals that their script was awful… Why didn t they do something about it? why?

I just watched the doc "The Last Watch". In this film the words that come up most often during the shooting of Season 8 are "fatigue", "lassitude", "exhaustion" (or synonyms). 

It is obvious that no one, neither the producers nor the technicians nor the actors, had the strength to react anymore. Conleth Hill is the exception (maybe Sapotchnik too). Absolutely everyone wanted to get it over with. 

The 55 nights of shooting required against all logic by D&D killed any desire for in-depth reflection on what they were doing. 

6 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I just watched the doc "The Last Watch". In this film the words that come up most often during the shooting of Season 8 are "fatigue", "lassitude", "exhaustion" (or synonyms). 

It is obvious that no one, neither the producers nor the technicians nor the actors, had the strength to react anymore. Conleth Hill is the exception (maybe Sapotchnik too). Absolutely everyone wanted to get it over with. 

The 55 nights of shooting required against all logic by D&D killed any desire for in-depth reflection on what they were doing. 

Given the amount of scenes filmed indoor, in the godswood, on the dragons and whatever I am forgeting I don t even know why it was such a monumental task to film the short night...

And I am not even taking into acount the awfull end product of all that work. I would say that it was a huge desapointment for everyone involved. I cant imagine the actor that plays sam rolling on a mountain of zombies while crying and thinking " this is going to be awsome!"

Archived