[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

Thanks.  It was just bitter irony....the Sunday night replacement for HBO's schedule.....was a show about "the cost of lies".  Collective belief in a system "too big to fail".  About Denial.

And it's made by Craig Mazin!  When the first pilot failed, they realized it was bad when they showed it to three screenwriters...Mazin was one of them!  And he was the lead one, who wrote the only note of the event:  "MASSIVE PROBLEM".  He's the one who told them the pilot was incoherent!

Thank you.  Have you heard that we're building a fan army? Check out my YouTube channel.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  I CANNOT believe the nerve of HBO.  I've paid for their damn channel for more than 8 years now (I did re-subscribe HBO for GOT by the way, way back when) and now they THINK that I, and those like me that have paid the price for this farce for years, should have to pay more to see this Conan special with the cast?  Ya know, the only people left that I have respect as well as affection for are most of the cast and general crew members.  I would NOT buy ONE MORE FUCKING EPISODE from D&D, but I would like to see this Conan thing, and HBO thinks I should BUY THE DAMN DVDs in December to see it?  FUCK OFF, FUCK RIGHT THE FUCK OFF WITH THE DOUBLE DOUCHEBERRIES.   Once I can control the urge to curse up a storm, I say it's time to raise holy hell at HBO for this.  They must be crazy.  They release 2 minutes of video, to try and drum up........what?  HYPE?  Are they crazy?  Go right ahead, remind the world how PISSED OFF and DISAPPOINTED most were with the last season and finale.  Hell, I bet most people have just about forgotten about the show's existence, ANGER INDUCEMENT IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MEMORY!! 

37 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

HYPE?  GET HYPE??  GET THE SEASON 8 DVDS??  FOR THE CONAN AND CAST SPECIAL??  GET BENT!! 

That's not even for just the season 8 box set, that's for the COMPLETE SERIES box set.  So even if you're such a glutton for punishment that you'll buy the season 8 set, you still won't see this reunion special.  Only if you buy the complete box set, which for most of us that have followed the show all these years would mean double-dipping on all but the last season.

In short, HBO is essentially telling all the fans that truly supported them to eat their collective assholes for supporting them monetarily.  They've truly learned the lessons of how to be completely shit to their fans.

1 hour ago, Dragons Are Real said:

That's not even for just the season 8 box set, that's for the COMPLETE SERIES box set.  So even if you're such a glutton for punishment that you'll buy the season 8 set, you still won't see this reunion special.  Only if you buy the complete box set, which for most of us that have followed the show all these years would mean double-dipping on all but the last season.

In short, HBO is essentially telling all the fans that truly supported them to eat their collective assholes for supporting them monetarily.  They've truly learned the lessons of how to be completely shit to their fans.

OMG!!  REALLY??  I was SO angry, I didn't get past the......buy DVD thing, LOL  Yeah, I'll be waiting for it to be loaded in bits and pieces on the youtubes, or guess what......just forgetting all about it anyway.  MY GAWDS!!  That really is some nerve. 

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  I CANNOT believe the nerve of HBO.  I've paid for their damn channel for more than 8 years now (I did re-subscribe HBO for GOT by the way, way back when) and now they THINK that I, and those like me that have paid the price for this farce for years, should have to pay more to see this Conan special with the cast?  Ya know, the only people left that I have respect as well as affection for are most of the cast and general crew members.  I would NOT buy ONE MORE FUCKING EPISODE from D&D, but I would like to see this Conan thing, and HBO thinks I should BUY THE DAMN DVDs in December to see it?  FUCK OFF, FUCK RIGHT THE FUCK OFF WITH THE DOUBLE DOUCHEBERRIES.   Once I can control the urge to curse up a storm, I say it's time to raise holy hell at HBO for this.  They must be crazy.  They release 2 minutes of video, to try and drum up........what?  HYPE?  Are they crazy?  Go right ahead, remind the world how PISSED OFF and DISAPPOINTED most were with the last season and finale.  Hell, I bet most people have just about forgotten about the show's existence, ANGER INDUCEMENT IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MEMORY!! 

At least you don't have to buy their stinking poster (the one that portrays Viserys, the Lannisters, and the Sons of the Harpy as Daenerys' victims on her bloody path to the Iron Throne.)

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

At least you don't have to buy their stinking poster (the one that portrays Viserys, the Lannisters, and the Sons of the Harpy as Daenerys' victims on her bloody path to the Iron Throne.)

Pay for that??  HA  No offense to the artist, he has done some interesting, intricate pieces (he's not responsible for the stupid show content) but, no I wouldn't pay for it, especially this last one.  Although, I am a bit pissed at the idea of Jaime and Cersei's representation in that one as well.  WTF??  Where's a Valonqar when you need one?  

On 6/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, Rose of Red Lake said:

Dany is her own Chernobyl disaster all by herself - too bad GRRM couldn't get Mazin instead. Its pretty clear that GRRM was inspired by the threat of nuclear holocaust, coming out of the sci fi scene and then living through the cold war. 

Agreed. I wonder if we'll get the dragon version of nuclear holocaust in WoW. I also wonder if we'll get the real world one since literally every country is advancing nuclear capabilities, not scaling them back. 

And on a side note, how I wish was a "what is dead may never die" thread. S7 & S8 were just soooooo bad, sooooo much worse than anyone would have guessed or anticipated. The ranting and raving should continue for years to come, but unfortunately my apathy is taking over and I really can't care anymore. 

4 hours ago, WeDoNotKneel_HailMance said:

Agreed. I wonder if we'll get the dragon version of nuclear holocaust in WoW. I also wonder if we'll get the real world one since literally every country is advancing nuclear capabilities, not scaling them back. 

And on a side note, how I wish was a "what is dead may never die" thread. S7 & S8 were just soooooo bad, sooooo much worse than anyone would have guessed or anticipated. The ranting and raving should continue for years to come, but unfortunately my apathy is taking over and I really can't care anymore. 

That's the problem.  It wasn't "The Room" bad where you can have fun with it.  It wasn't Ed Wood bad, where you can watch in amazement even though you know it sucks on nearly every possible level.  It wasn't Danzig attempting to turn his long-lost erotic comics into a movie and failing so spectacularly that you just have to watch the spectacle to even believe it bad.  It was sick to our stomach bad for a season and some change, then tried so desperately to right itself with herk-jerk flailing nonsense that it killed what little part of us ever cared bad.  And that's a type of bad that you can't recover from.

I can't even imagine myself revisiting it in order to study how NOT to end a story.  It just renders everything that came before it in universe as moot, nonsensical drivel.

how many millions will HBO lose in merchandising because of this season?

Besides the obvious desinterest in the DVDs for this season any merchandising related to the last seasons of GOT now has no interest… Who wants toys of danny, jon, night king or whoever? who wants clothes with targ or stark simbols?

7 hours ago, divica said:

Who wants toys of danny, jon, night king or whoever? who wants clothes with targ or stark simbols?

Well, I think little Benioff and Weiss voodoo dolls would sell pretty well. I’d buy some to poke them with the pointy end of a needle now and then. Even drakarys the hell outta them after one or two pints...

25 minutes ago, hewman said:

Well, I think little Benioff and Weiss voodoo dolls would sell pretty well. I’d buy some to poke them with the pointy end of a needle now and then. Even drakarys the hell outta them after one or two pints...

I'm up for it.

i'm convinced the real reason Jon stabbed Dany was to end her suffering at the hands of D & D.

16 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

It was sick to our stomach bad for a season and some change, then tried so desperately to right itself with herk-jerk flailing nonsense that it killed what little part of us ever cared bad.  And that's a type of bad that you can't recover from.

I can't even imagine myself revisiting it in order to study how NOT to end a story.  It just renders everything that came before it in universe as moot, nonsensical drivel.

I agree. I have probably watched S1-S5 at least 3 times, but these recent seasons have made everything before them into garbage. It did actually start w/ the ending of S6 when they blew up the sept and just ended so many interesting plot lines with no resolution. S7 was bad. S8 just ruined everything, ESPECIALLY everything related to the WW, NK, and Jon Snow. I didn't re-watch a single episode in S8. 

Shrug. 

1 hour ago, WeDoNotKneel_HailMance said:

S8 just ruined everything, ESPECIALLY everything related to the WW, NK, and Jon Snow. I didn't re-watch a single episode in S8. 

Shrug. 

That is the sad truth. A season ruined the whole series and the people responsável just don t care... 

19 hours ago, SeanF said:

I'm up for it.

i'm convinced the real reason Jon stabbed Dany was to end her suffering at the hands of D & D.

My character arc summary for Jon says:

"Anyway, after Dany turns into Stalin, Jon kills her, probably as a mercy because her character had already been assassinated." So I agree. O noble soul!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, WeDoNotKneel_HailMance said:

I would just like to point out that a couple of months after S8, I'm still entirely convinced that the ending was incredibly, amazingly, catastrophically bad. 

Were you hoping that, as time went by, memory would have faded and it wouldn’t seem so appallingly atrocious? Like when you break a bone and it hurts like hell, but years later when you think about it, the memory of it is never anywhere near the actual pain you felt? :D

Archived