Jump to content
Ran

[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Kaapstad said:

[…]

6. You don’t know her yet.

7. She will be a good queen. 

8. Ghost, to me! Good boy

 

Edited by Nowy Tends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

I agree, this was shocking but hey this is typical D&D's BS: when she's on the battlement she tells Arya "I want to be with my people", five minutes later she is with "her" people and she only interacts with Tyrion, neglecting all her Lady duties.

D&D kind of forgot that Sansa led the prayer and songs in Maegor's Holdfast during the Battle of the Blackwater.

Imagine Catelyn or Margaery in this situation: every elderly, every woman, every children would be busy doing something in these crypts…

The list of things they "kind of forgot" is getting rather extensive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, kissdbyfire said:

 

I will just leave these here... because both are truer now than ever before.

https://kissdbyfire.tumblr.com/image/121182923048

 

 

:D

Iirc the the doctor and his aid (B&W) had this conversation:

b:‘who’s brain did you take?’

w:’Don’t know, Abby something’

b:’Abby what?’

w(happy):’Ab normal’

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hewman said:

:D

Iirc the the doctor and his aid (B&W) had this conversation:

b:‘who’s brain did you take?’

w:’Don’t know, Abby something’

b:’Abby what?’

w(happy):’Ab normal’

 

Awww, Abby Normal, LOLOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kaapstad said:

I just rewatched the ending and noticed something. Does Jon end up hating Bran and Sansa at the end? Firstly Bran gives Jon an evil smirk and says you were in the right place at the right time. Then Jon gets up looking shocked takes a long look at Sansa, it looks as if he puts 2 and 2 together and realises they manipulated him into killing Dany or am I reading too much into it?

as usually is with bad writing, nothing is clear
but that would have made an interesting ending if they actually went with that plot twist, clearly turning Sansa and Bran into the bad guys with Jon only realizing he was manipulated at the end

I don't know if it's just Kit Harington's bad acting combined with the writing, but idk what they were trying to convey if anything at all

Edited by Nami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nami said:

as usually is with bad writing, nothing is clear
but that would have made an interesting ending if they actually went with that plot twist, clearly turning Sansa and Bran into the bad guys with Jon only realizing he was manipulated at the end

I don't know if it's just Kit Harington's bad acting combined with the writing, but idk what they were trying to convey if anything at all

They called me Mr. Glass..

Muahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

 

It was all about streamlining things to a simple, direct exit scenario.

Agree 100% for all of S8. Which is why it failed so miserably. They voluntarily removed complexity, nuance, and conflict (all of which made early seasons so good).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nami said:

as usually is with bad writing, nothing is clear

Yep, exactly. In some instances they probably thought they were being clever leaving certain things in there that could be interpreted in different ways and create ongoing discussion. Newsflash D&D: There is nothing remotely clever about how you wrapped up the series, or indeed any substantial decision you have taken since S2. 

Show only fans that hadn't already decided to hate her since Qarth can't agree why exactly Dany went mad. 

No one really knows why Sandra was acting the way she was acting. In the end she seems somewhat justified only because Jon's auntie very conveniently goes mad. Self-fulfilling.

Ditto Varys in a way.

Jon's character ruined beyond all redemption. A lot of show only fans think he's just a loser who gets manipulated by every one. Is that subversion? I think Forrest Gump already did that one, so not even.

No heroes, no villains. Just douchebags, caricatures, cardboard cut-outs, bitches and crazy ass psychos. Awesome.

Oh and to improve LOTR's lack of detail on Aragon's tax policy, we get the amazing small council discussion, yeah, amazing.

You could have literally taken any of 90% fan fic endings and ended up with something better that might have retained some re-watch value of earlier seasons.

No wonder Charles Dance isn't pleased. It's like his performances turned out to be for a Conan movie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ser Hedge said:

You could have literally taken any of 90% fan fic endings and ended up with something better that might have retained some re-watch value of earlier seasons.

Agree totally. And for some fan fic endings posts, the author admits that they came up with the idea in 10 minutes, and they're still all better than what we got from D&D. 

Ugh. Sigh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kaapstad said:

 

Kit Harrington gets paid 938000 to say this on repeat. 

He's paid for his cute puppydog face and flowing hair (when it's down), as well as to dance around with a sword. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, hewman said:

:D

Iirc the the doctor and his aid (B&W) had this conversation:

b:‘who’s brain did you take?’

w:’Don’t know, Abby something’

b:’Abby what?’

w(happy):’Ab normal’

 

That’s exactly right. 

Calling someone “Abe” became sort of a pvt joke to describe someone who might not be all there. :lol:

I love Mel Brooks, and Young Frankenstein is absolutely brilliant, Monty Python level of brilliant! 

ETA: and that photo... turns out it illustrates so well what’s happened to the show, don’t you think? Even each actor’s face matches up perfectly. So Mel Brooks is even brilliant in unwittingly helping to poke fun at GoT! :D

 

Edited by kissdbyfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ser Hedge said:

No wonder Charles Dance isn't pleased. It's like his performances turned out to be for a Conan movie.

 

Oi! The Conan films are awesome! :fencing:

In a super cheesy and hilarious way, but still...

GoT wishes it could lick the soles of Conan’s boots. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an argument many of you will enjoy - just look at the title!

I regard the article as a bit scurrilous - clickbait if you will, but in a good way - it keeps the argument alive and moves it forward with legitimate arguments.

Daenerys was right: King’s Landing had to burn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

So Mel Brooks is even brilliant in unwittingly helping to poke fun at GoT!

I would certainly like to see a younger and more pretty Mel Brooks come up with “A History of The World of Ice and Fire”. A huge amount of source material :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Here's an argument many of you will enjoy - just look at the title!

I regard the article as a bit scurrilous - clickbait if you will, but in a good way - it keeps the argument alive and moves it forward with legitimate arguments.

Daenerys was right: King’s Landing had to burn

If she'd gone straight to the Red Keep, I'd be more willing to bend the knee to this theory.

In another thread, someone mentioned the possibilty that Stannis might be modelled after King Phillip II of Castilla, but I'm using that bit of history to showcase yet another iffy point about the ellective system.

King D. Sebastian, a young idealistic fool as many describe him, went off on a self styled crusade in the late fifteen hundreds and got disappeared in North Africa, leaving no direct descendants.

What followed was not exactly an ellection, but a multitude of pretenders to the throne of Portugal sprung up and campaigned for their right.

Even if you consider that only three had a somewhat viable claim, and you can say it was a matter of sucession, not choosing, Phillip's claim as a daughter's son was not as straightforward as others' by which point he simply said:

Fuck it, give me the damn throne or I'll invade.

Who's stopping Bronn or his descendant as Lord of the Reachest - see that there? - from doing the same?

Or Sansa's descendants from saying 'fuck this, your system's' shitty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

If she'd gone straight to the Red Keep, I'd be more willing to bend the knee to this theory.

In another thread, someone mentioned the possibilty that Stannis might be modelled after King Phillip II of Castilla, but I'm using that bit of history to showcase yet another iffy point about the ellective system.

King D. Sebastian, a young idealistic fool as many describe him, went off on a self styled crusade in the late fifteen hundreds and got disappeared in North Africa, leaving no direct descendants.

What followed was not exactly an ellection, but a multitude of pretenders to the throne of Portugal sprung up and campaigned for their right.

Even if you consider that only three had a somewhat viable claim, and you can say it was a matter of sucession, not choosing, Phillip's claim as a daughter's son was not as straightforward as others' by which point he simply said:

Fuck it, give me the damn throne or I'll invade.

Who's stopping Bronn or his descendant as Lord of the Reachest - see that there? - from doing the same?

Or Sansa's descendants from saying 'fuck this, your system's' shitty?

Burning down the city is worse than a crime, it's a blunder.  It's a massively valuable piece of real property.  Old Nick would not have approved.  But, it's just a plot contrivance.

 

Edited by SeanF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

Who's stopping Bronn or his descendant as Lord of the Reachest - see that there? - from doing the same?

Or Sansa's descendants from saying 'fuck this, your system's' shitty?

Well, basically our tree-king can see the earliest signs of troop movements or any funny business and nip revolts in the bud. Remember, he's good for 1000 years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ferrelhadley said:

And thats that for the TV show. 

Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear.

Well, it’ll always be Jenny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It speaks volumes about D&D’s writing that I felt empty when Jon killed Dany. Even when Jon gets exiled the farewells are sad but kinda normal by video games and movie standards. On the other hand, I just can’t rewatch Ned Stark’s death or the Red Wedding without getting punched in the gut. I felt zero satisfaction when they killed the Night King. On the other hand, I get sadistic pleasure watching Joffrey die and Ramsay getting eaten by his own hands. I really hope this travesty gives GRRM the kick he needs to write the books fast. He can’t publicly speak about it but he must be enraged seeing how they butchered his life’s work. 

Edited by Kaapstad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×