Jump to content
Ran

[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

Did Yara suddenly forget that she was the Queen of the Iron Islands?  Why did she join the seven, I mean six kingdoms again?

She took back the Iron Islands in Dany's name, after Dany granted them independence in Season 6.

It doesn't make sense to me either.

Edited by SeanF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Famous rapers who have a defenseless city to themselves and they hate ships.

Yet they are calmly walking around in the final shot near the ships.

Frankly, I don't think D&D even considered their existence after howling in front of the queen.

Tyrions speech melted their cold hearts lol... yes of all the things in the episode that made the least sense... also I would imagine as they were different from the unsullied and couldn't be reasoned with...that once their queen was killed they would have handed out a bit of the Dany justice and tore every person in Westeros from limb to limb...

They were pretty calm by the looks of it... they mustve also been wondering wtf they have just spend the last few years doing all this for..... just to see their Queen die and awake to no longer having a Queen and being stranded in some shitty land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't wrap my head around the idea that a Stark king would want independence for the North or that KING BRANDON STARK would want to give up the North - his own home - to his sister or that Sansa would not want the North be ruled by a Stark king.

Can anybody understand this? It feels utterly wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1. So Jim Broadbent's character wrote ASOIAF except Tyrion isn't in them? What? How is that... I AM SO PISSED AND CONFUSED.


2. Blasphemy, I know, but I'm honestly rather happy that Sansa is Queen in the North. All I really want for her ending is for her to be happy, safe, and surrounded by people who truly love and care for (and for whom she loves and cares in return) but let's face it, at the end of the mess of a show, she's the most competent ruler the North can hope for.


3. How did the punchline known as Edmure Tully get away from the Freys' dungeon? Did he escape? Was he released? 

Edited by LHakaLH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, Lord Varys said:

Still can't wrap my head around the idea that a Stark king would want independence for the North or that KING BRANDON STARK would want to give up the North - his own home - to his sister or that Sansa would not want the North be ruled by a Stark king.

Can anybody understand this? It feels utterly wrong.

Sansa didn’t want a tyrant to rule the north, and now she doesn’t want her own brother to rule the north. Translation: she wanted sole power all along.

Edited by tallTale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Tyrions speech melted their cold hearts lol... yes of all the things in the episode that made the least sense... also I would imagine as they were different from the unsullied and couldn't be reasoned with...that once their queen was killed they would have handed out a bit of the Dany justice and tore every person in Westeros from limb to limb...

They were pretty calm by the looks of it... they mustve also been wondering wtf they have just spend the last few years doing all this for..... just to see their Queen die and awake to no longer having a Queen and being stranded in some shitty land.

Am I the only one wondering who actually speaks the Dothraki tongue? Dany, Jorah, and Missandei died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so disturbed by the imagery and the tone they were trying to invoke when Daenerys landed to give her speech. It wasn't a great kind of disturbed like oh you got me with that one, it was the kind of disturbed when you turn the hero of the story into Hitler on a dragon within two episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Did Yara suddenly forget that she was the Queen of the Iron Islands?  Why did she join the seven, I mean six kingdoms again?

 

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

She took back the Iron Islands in Dany's name, after Dany granted them independence in Season 6.

It doesn't make sense to me either.

Yep.  I think it needs to said loudly and often that everyone there would have immediately declared independence if the North were allowed to!!!  Total nonsense:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tallTale said:

Sansa didn’t want a tyrant to rule the north, and now she doesn’t want her own brother to rule the north either. Translation, she wanted sole power all along.

But there is basically no difference between a Lord of Winterfell and a King in the North, anyway. This utter nonsense as presented here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we're supposed to believe in this new feel-good 6 Kingdoms setup, but what happens when one of the 6 Houses gets into it with another one of the others? Or are we supposed to believe that now that there is a new King, everyone is all holding hands and singing Kumbayah?

And when Bran dies, I'm sure it will be a seamless transition to the next King, because none of the 6 Houses will want the throne, right? I guess all wars are now things of the past. Oh that's right...our main characters (or probably their kids) will meet in the Dragonpit and vote for the next King. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

So they threw Sandra a bone for turning her into Jeyne. And she ended as she began. And in a weirwood tree dress after breaking a weirwood tree promise.

And is the north a monarchy while the south is a democracy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ser Sinister said:

I know we're supposed to believe in this new feel-good 6 Kingdoms setup, but what happens when one of the 6 Houses gets into it with another one of the others? Or are we supposed to believe that now that there is a new King, everyone is all holding hands and singing Kumbayah?

And when Bran dies, I'm sure it will be a seamless transition to the next King, because none of the 6 Houses will want the throne, right? I guess all wars are now things of the past. Oh that's right...our main characters (or probably their kids) will meet in the Dragonpit and vote for the next King. 

They're actually expecting us to believe that they all suddenly adopted this thing called "democracy" and they're fine with it.

Because realism!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Umm, so can someone explain the last scene to me?

Jon, just said fuck it, and broke his oath again to live up north?  I mean north north.

They have all of that land in Brandon's gift, and they still kick all of the wildlings north of the Wall?  Did Donald Trump write this episode?

So he's a deserter, kinda?  Because everything is irrelevant so let's just wrap it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

They're actually expecting us to believe that they all suddenly adopted this thing called "democracy" and they're fine with it.

Because realism!

 

I thought that when Sam suggested democracy, they all laughed at him. Even Sansa. Because the smallfolk we are supposed to be all upset that Dany torched can't vote, silly fat man. 

Edited by Ser Sinister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×