[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

32 minutes ago, Dragons Are Real said:

We had just finished watching Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog before watching this last episode, and I just kept saying, "I think this is what pain feels like!" to the TV. 

It would be a 300% improvement if during his confrontation with Dany, Jon started singing "Everyone's a hero in their own way".

26 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

There is no Outside the Episode to be found anywhere, and I want to know WHY.  :tantrum:

I was so looking forward to it, to see David and Dan explain this steaming pile of shit and give us their invaluable insights. :whip:

I expect D&D want the fans to do their own honeypotting, because they know they can't make a lick of sense for themselves.

Here's the Official GOT channel's video list, in order of date added.  It does seem to be missing so far, doesn't it?  They usually get added by now if they exist, especially the past season or two.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GameofThrones/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

I was sure there would be a final twist with Bran and the Night King.  Welp, I was wrong.  

So:

- R+L = J - meaningless

- legends of the Last Hero and Azor Ahai - meaningless

- the birth of Dany's dragons - meaningless

- the war for the dawn - meaningless

Looks like you ranters & ravers were right in the end. :(  (I thought you were a bunch of whiners seeking attention.)  D&D completely blew the final stretch and ending of this epic story.

What a shame!  

Ultimately I blame GRRM for not finishing his damn books.   

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

There is no Outside the Episode to be found anywhere, and I want to know WHY.  :tantrum:

I was so looking forward to it, to see David and Dan explain this steaming pile of shit and give us their invaluable insights. :whip:

23 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Really?  No final Inside the Ep?  That's odd.  I wonder why? 

I'm starting to think it's because of the documentary airing in the GOT time slot next week.  The Game Revealed video seems to be nonexistent as well. 

1 minute ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Looks like you ranters & ravers were right in the end. :(  (I thought you were a bunch of whiners seeking attention.)

Ah, nice to see you again. I was wondering whether you’d pop in to say hello after our last exchange. :)

The selection of the new King in KL is the most tragic scene. Stupidity on another level.

I'd love it if anyone gave any logical explanation for the following.

People of the realm follow stories? Is that all required to be king? Can a jester or orator become king?

Haven't several stories spread in the past. Specifically about Jamie's sons? Why didn't the whole world oppose and select a new king? Why didn't Cercei's forces defect after they heard the story (bcoz that's all it takes), if a story is all that is needed? Does loyalty mean nothing? The council just elects the leader of a house as king. However, The house still continues as a monarchy. In time, one house grows too powerful, and the "wheel" reconstructs. How is this smart?

Grey worm was itching to eliminate Dany's enemies he was willing to keep no Lannister prisoners, yet he let Jon snow live as a prisoner for long.

The greatest fighting force who are afraid of nothing, He's suddenly scared of northern men. Why does GW even want peace? Didn't he himself say he needs justice? Didn't he state several times he was not afraid to die.Did he just forget about his queen so easily?

Wouldn't they have gone all out, dying to get revenge? To "traitors" (perspective) who betrayed their liberator?

There is no need for any nights watch, why send "cripples bastards and broken things" there anymore?

With the wall not mentioned as reconstructed, couldn't they just circle back into the realm?

Dany's forces are sailing to Essos. Why can't Jon reach the "independent" north and decide to stay? Who would stop him?

Why does Arya become Magellan all of a sudden. Of the thousands of ships and sailors, none thought of exploring what's west of westeros? No one thought free lands, resources and possibly gold could exist west? She was the fucking first one in the whole world to think so?

So many questions, so few answers, no consistency

29 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I've been wrong to defend this show.  They were just trolling the viewers.  Now, we're being told that Dany broke bad when she refused to stop Drogo from pouring molten gold over Viserys (who had just threatened to cut out her child).  So, they're been making a fortune out of portraying a character as a heroine, when in reality, they had her marked down as a murderous, lying, hypocrite. 

I feel as if I'd reached the end of the Lord of the Rings to discover that Sam and Frodo were a pair of backstabbing cowards who never really went to Mordor and claimed other peoples' credit.

This wasn't D&D, it's GRRM though how D&D handled it was wildly off. GRRM constantly lures readers to make the same mistakes as the Westerosi and the other characters and then forces us to look in the mirror. He tricked us to pre-judge Jaime and then showed us that we got it wrong. He lured the reader to play the Game of Thrones along with the characters only to tell us in the end that we too were wrong to do so. He's all about playing on our expectations and then showing us why we had it wrong just like a lot of characters. We all fell for it somewhere. There's hints of the same thing being done to some extent with the Starks/WW/3ER storyline, but D&D left it at that as they don't like the magic stuff. 

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a27526510/kit-harington-jon-snow-daenerys-killing-game-of-thrones-interview/

Harington knew some people wouldn't be happy with the show's final episode and Dany's fate. “I think it’s going to divide,” he said. “But if you track her story all the way back, she does some terrible things. She crucifies people. She burns people alive. This has been building. So, we have to say to the audience: ’You’re in denial about this woman as well. You knew something was wrong. You’re culpable, you cheered her on.’”

17 minutes ago, ohiostate124 said:

So what was the point of it all? We end up with a council doing the majority of the ruling on behalf of the king. Should have just kept Robert. When Bran dies, the realm is just going to erupt into chaos again anyway. I still can’t believe that the rest of the realm would be ok with a Stark ruling in the south while another Stark rules on independent north. No way Dorne or the Iron Islands wouldn’t demand their independence as well. Not one thing in this episode made sense.

This is what I said too. And not only that. Why would the Northmen (Lords) want to be independent with Sansa as their Queen, when Bran Start - Ned Starks true born son, is the King of the 7 Kingdoms? 

1 hour ago, some old man said:

Apparently, everybody in the show forgot that Bronn, alongside Jamie, pillaged Highgarden for all its worth. And now he gets to be their Lord? GTFO.

I don't usually berate those that 'like' these kind of train-wrecks, but seriously, anyone who felt satisfied with this season is a sheep with low IQ.

Thank you!

This post is a mood

5 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

This wasn't D&D, it's GRRM though how D&D handled it was wildly off. GRRM constantly lures readers to make the same mistakes as the Westerosi and the other characters and then forces us to look in the mirror. He tricked us to pre-judge Jaime and then showed us that we got it wrong. He lured the reader to play the Game of Thrones along with the characters only to tell us in the end that we too were wrong to do so. He's all about playing on our expectations and then showing us why we had it wrong just like a lot of characters. We all fell for it somewhere. There's hints of the same thing being done to some extent with the Starks/WW/3ER storyline, but D&D left it at that as they don't like the magic stuff. 

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a27526510/kit-harington-jon-snow-daenerys-killing-game-of-thrones-interview/

So basically you're blaming the audience for following your story as written...

11 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Ultimately I blame GRRM for not finishing his damn books.   

This is true but even if the books were finished, it still would have gone sideways with the same showrunners.

The books are clearly magical, they are getting more and more magical and will have a magical ending that will tie up all the magical loose ends. D&D hate magic. And they also hate themes.

It's not GRRM's fault if you have the balls to call yourself a writer but can't write a coherent, non-rushed ending to an sprawling epic you chose to adapt.

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ah, nice to see you again. I was wondering whether you’d pop in to say hello after our last exchange. :)

Yep, what can I do but eat crow after that terrible finish to the most epic fantasy story ever.  I thought for 6 seasons D&D got things mostly right.  (There was plenty to nit-pick, but the spirit of GRRM's story was there, and it was mostly well-executed.)  

But seasons 7 and 8, the most important ones, were horrible.  Everything was rushed, so many things made no sense, smart characters became stupid, dialogue got cheesier and worse..  What a disappointment after investing so many years in this story.

-I honestly predicted Dany becoming mad in the end.. but the way it was delivered was bollocks.

-What was the point for Jon to be half Targaryen and rightful heir? What was even the point of this revelation? Why wasn't this mentioned anymore?

-Arrrgh too many open ends (and I don't mind open ends but in this case it just feels like lazyness).

-The show did owe it's huge fanbase at least one greatly satisfying culmination. None was satifying to be honest.

-Lacked a lot of imaginative potential. I did't feel surprpised at all - just a big yawn. I was hoping for direwolf pack to return.

-Arya didn't change faces at all????

-What or who is Bran.. like wtf. And what is he doing most of the time? Going to find Drogon?? For what?? Why? I have zero emotional bond with his character.

-Councel meeting felt like actors were rehearsing while being half-drunk and tired. Tyrion is not smart not funny anymore, just tired and old.

blaah don't even feel like typing any more, just sort of nothing to say. Disappointment.

17 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  Well, at least you seem to be accepting the blame well.  :lmao:

I have The Last Jedi training :fencing:

39 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Now, we're being told that Dany broke bad when she refused to stop Drogo from pouring molten gold over Viserys (who had just threatened to cut out her child).  

That statement gave me a pause, as well. The way they put it, it sounded as if Viserys was an epitome of brotherly love whom Dany viciously abandoned to his fate. 

39 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I feel as if I'd reached the end of the Lord of the Rings to discover that Sam and Frodo were a pair of backstabbing cowards who never really went to Mordor and claimed other peoples' credit.

Of course they were! How could you have thought otherwise? :D

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

So basically you're blaming the audience for following your story as written...

I didn't write the story and I don't see how blame factors in here. 

2 minutes ago, Crona said:

Wait so this is how the books will ultimately end too? Bran on the throne? Am I missing something?

I'm 99% sure it will not.

If anything, Bran and Sansa's places will be switched. Bran will stay in Winterfell and become a tree (notice how Sansa wore a weirwood dress that made her look like a tree) and Sansa will be the Lady Regent for what's left of the Seven Kingdoms. Sansa will die of old age and Bran will sorta live forever in the tree

Archived