[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussion, Final edition

Ran

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

"Hello Jon, long time no see.  How's the Queen?"

"Um, well, Jorah, I had to run a dagger through her heart."

"Really? well realistically I should avenge her death by cutting your head off but I guess being back here is punishment enough for you. lets go eat"

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Just as it made creative sense to them that Grey Worm threw Jon in a dumgeon for a couple months rather than slice Jon's throat on the spot for murdering his Queen. lol

Yep. One of the most ridiculous parts of this nonsensical episode. 

They could have solved many of these problems if they made it clear that Dany told GW to take no prisoners, that way he never goes rogue at all, thus it would be more believable that he would imprison Jon, eg he's still following rules, he's unsullied after all, that's what they do.  Jon can surrender to the Unsullied and that takes him out of the range of Drogon, so there is no issue of why Drogon doesn't burn him, we solve many problems by these very small tweaks that I just thought of sitting here in the last 15 minutes.  Surely if I had 2 years and some millions I could have come up with something even better.  LOL.

33 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Phew, it turns out the writers do have limits.

:lol:

So, Ser Friendzone must have a good ending (I say that with love, I love Iain Glenn by the way) defending the woman he loved, but said woman must be turned into Hitler in one and half (time wise, really one) episodes?  Okay then. 

56 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What Drogon should have done is incinerate Jon right on the spot for killing his mother.  

That's what I actually expected.

11 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

So, Ser Friendzone must have a good ending (I say that with love, I love Iain Glenn by the way) defending the woman he loved, but said woman must be turned into Hitler in one and half (time wise, really one) episodes?  Okay then. 

Do we know in terms of the timeframe of the show, how long it took her to become Hitler?  Two weeks, a month?

Honestly, a bittersweet ending would have been Jon killing Dany and then becoming King of Westeros. He would be burdened with the role of fixing years of mistakes by the previous monarchs, however, he would also deserve it. 

I don't understand why the fuck the 7 Kingdoms bothered about the opinion of the Unsullied, they are foreigners anyway, why the hell would they have a say in whether or not Jon Snow lives or dies? He is the rightful King anyway. 

2 minutes ago, steenkash said:

why the fuck the 7 Kingdoms bothered about the opinion of the Unsullied

They are a well-armed, well-trained killing machine, duh.  They and the Dothraki -- their future as the hired mercs of choice will make the extinct Gold Company look like little kids with toy weapons by comparison.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

They are a well-armed, well-trained killing machine, duh.  They and the Dothraki -- their future as the hired mercs of choice will make the extinct Gold Company look like little kids with toy weapons by comparison.

don't forget about their majestic ability to respawn their army in a matter of weeks. 

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Creatively, it made sense to them.

Know what makes the now infamous “creatively it made sense etc” even more outrageously hilarious? The fact that most of their choices are dull, unimaginative, and totally lacking in creativity. 

22 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Do we know in terms of the timeframe of the show, how long it took her to become Hitler?  Two weeks, a month?

Considering the icing on the cake was Rhaegal and My Sunday, I'm guessing.......lickedy split?  I suppose we could be generous and give it two weeks, with first Rhaegal dying, the meeting at the Gate, Jon arriving, waiting on the Northmen, Varys executed.  Still, with those teleporters I think that's being over generous, LOL 

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

"Um, well, Jorah, I had to run a dagger through her heart liver or the inferior lobe of her right lung, I’m not sure which."

FTFY. :P

22 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Instantly, when she saw the Red Keep, according to the Ds.

Or, also according to the Ds, she'd always been Hitler because she didn't really care that her brother who had spent her entire life abusing her then threatened to rip her unborn child out of her and kill them both got killed by her protective husband.

One of those.

My lord those two are idiots.

We need a fan edit where Melisandre says to somebody before her wander out to die, "this script is dark, and full of errors."

Then Drogon, when he does the big roar, change it to "FUCK THIS SCRIPT!  DIE THRONE DIE!"

I mean, seriously, this entire last season needs MST3K's crew to hop on a run through.  Make it at least fun since there's no real payoffs.

16 minutes ago, Mayor of Winterfell said:

"Imagine, she had Drogon melt that throne and flew away."

Rather:

- "Hello Jon, long time no see.  How's the Queen?"

- "Who are you? I kind of forgot…"

This is going to be an inchoate rant about a topic already ranted about. I just needed to rant again, sorry!

That great council dumpster fire.

Edmure Tully. Wtf?

A slapstick stand up routine?

Right after what should have been the most serious, most tragic, heart-breaking, gut-wrenching scene of the series? (I say should have been, because it was so obvious and after all the bad writing, it actually felt like a mercy that it was over)

All those 'Lords' cavorting about the Dragonpit (why there?) just completely killed the world GRRM had created.

Just so jackass.

Why does Brienne have a vote?

Gendry's legitimization is official? (Btw, how does he feel about the KL massacre, he grew up there. Yet it was the crazy flying flamethrower lady who made him a Lord, should have made for an interesting exposition in the right hands.)

Why does Dorne not say, if she's going, I'm going.

Why is Sandra going anyway? Why does Bran give her independence anyway?

Wtf is wrong with Yara? You are independent anyway since S6. The mad Queen was handing out independence deeds left, right and centre. All you had to do was ask.

Why is Sam in his NW jerkin, but voting? Wtf?

Who are the other blokes, just Hightower and maybe Redwine since no Tyrell? What about other Reach Houses?

How is Bran's 3ER power just accepted?

If they know about it, is that not creepy? Bloodraven as king?

If they don't know about it, why is he a good king. At least have uncle and cousin vote for him + Tyrion + his own north vote, that's a majority. Yara voting out of guilt what Theon did to the boy, maybe. It's still bullshit of course, but an attempt to make it like there is some logic here.

How did Jon as king not even come up?

To be a king you need a story? The boy who fell from a tower? WtaF?

How is this different from anything that happened before? Who is around if Hightower and other lords decide to off the new Lord in Highgarden?

Are all the men of military age dead, is that why no one is looking for a fight? Who killed all the  Dornishmen then? Stormlanders who did not march with Stannis? Riverlanders, no that can't be it then.

If they had all fought the recent wars against ice and fire together, then you could say, yeah maybe, they're tired of war, but ask those dudes have been chilling since the WOT5K. Except those who did not fight even there.

Why is Dorne cool with this? Is that bloke a Yronwood who needs legitimacy from the IT to keep any Martell-Sand claimants down ?

Just Drogon melting the spiky chair automatically makes this a friendlier monarchy?

And all Westerland houses are cool with the imp? Kinslayer?

What about the crownlands, oh sod it!

What a cartoon scene that was. Absolute trash.

Archived