Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Spoilers] Episode 806 Discussion

My documentary is split into parts:  it's long because it needs to be, to be thorough enough to publicly challenge Benioff & Weiss.

I structured it like an academic article, in that the "Introduction" section is also an "Abstract", summarizing all the major points I'm going to make in the next 3 hours ( ...3 hours?  again, it took a year's worth of research to make).  But in the next sections I go over the specific evidence in detail:

• Introduction/Abstract/Summary - 23 minutes long
  • Part 1: Evidence - Wildfire Chain Reaction, Short & Vague Script, and that they hid this from Emilia Clarke who truly did not know what was happening on-screen. 1 hour 27 minutes long. 
  • Part 2:  Analysis - "What did the showrunners know, and when did they know it?" - More explicitly going over just how much they screwed over Emilia Clarke and hid this from her (she found out about the change...by watching the live public premiere event! )....and then expanding on "the only logical reason to hide it from Clarke is if this doesn't happen in the books"

I just finished Part 1.   I'm not done with Part 2 yet but it's of comparable size.  There's also a "Part 3" of a sort but I won't call it that, more of an addendum, on "Sources":  just an audio-only reading of 6 pages of notes in which I explain "okay, this is how I got access to the archived WGA script, if you're a news site this is how you can contact the librarians we were in contact with, in order to double-check that I'm not making this up".  

Introduction/Abstract:

Part 1: Evidence

(I'll update this post with Part 2 when it's finished, but for now, you've got 2 hours of content to absorb)

Posted (edited)

These are brilliant videos. I recommend everyone watch them. Even the cast if they watch these vids.

Edited by Ghostlydragon

I'm curious as to when concept art became definitive proof that something was supposed to take place. By its very definition, an art form in which the artist's intent is to convey a concept rather than to create an art object. I'll fully admit to not watching this entire thing, but from what I've seen, it's all been twisted to fit your narrative. Especially the script that says wildfire twice, then says the fire is spreading quickly, not that the wildfire is spreading quickly like you somehow infer to be fact. And yes, I've watched through the cross referencing from the Blu-ray. Have you done any research on other shows to compare whether they have any archived scripts that are different from the end results on the screen? 

Posted (edited)

The part where the VFX team said word for word "we changed shots of wildfire into shots of Dragonfire?"

Or the fact that Emilia Clarke herself didn't comprehend what was actually happening?  Because they suspiciously told her not to read the storyboards?

Edited by The Dragon Demands

As I said prior, you can twist whatever you need to fit your narrative, which is quite apparent from some of your other videos. The Tysha and Tywin one, for example. You infer things, like the warped wish fulfillment fantasy for Benioff, because it suits you. Piecing together snippets doesn't give the full picture, it gives the picture that you want it to. It doesn't matter at all if Clarke didn't comprehend what was happening, she wouldn't be the first actor on the show to have that problem. Like a professional, she did what was asked of her though, same as Stephen Dillane did, whether it made sense or not (definitely a not in Dillane's case).  

And I'll ask again because I feel that this is important to know, Have you done any research on other shows to compare whether they have any archived scripts that are different from the end results on the screen?