Arya is Azor Ahai

ToddDavid

So everyone thinks the great Azor Ahai is either Jon or Dany bc of the prophecy that goes:

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. 

The original Azor Ahai was a legendary warrior who used his sword, Lightbringer, to defeat the darkness of the Great Other. This is where it gets fun. Followers of R’hllor [like Mellisandre] believe that there are only two gods, R'hllor and the Great Other, who wage an eternal war over the fate of the world [Fire vs Ice, like Melisandre referenced]. So basically the Great Other is represented by the White Walkers [and possibly Dany too]. Hey what if Fire vs Ice could also be Ice vs Fire, as in the snowy North vs Dany’s fire?

“Man once again faces the war for the dawn, which has been waged since time began. On one side is the Lord of Light, the Heart of Fire, the God of Flame and Shadow. Against him stands the Great Other, whose name may not be spoken. The Lord of Darkness, the Soul of Ice, the God of Night and Terror.” -Thoros of Myr

Obviously the White Walkers are whom the original Azor Ahai defeated. 

According to ancient prophecies that were written down in Asshai over 5,000 years ago, Azor Ahai is to be reborn and destined to defeat the darkness once again. Following a long summer, an evil, cold darkness will descend upon the world. Wielding Lightbringer once again, Azor Ahai will stand against it, and if he fails, the world fails with him.

Rather than Daenerys or Jon, the Azor Ahai is actually Arya. She’s already defeated the new “Great Other”, and she used her special dagger to do it with. Now, I don’t think the actual Lightbringer still exists, so it’s more likely to also be a reincarnation. We know it’s special bc it killed the Knight King, and earlier in the series we hear Doreah say, “I’ve seen a man from Asshai w/ a dagger of real dragon glass. I’ve seen a man who can change his face like a man changes his pants”. 

Mellisandre is from Asshai. The prophesy of Azor Ahai is from Asshai. Amidst a session of foreshadowing from Doreah, we’re specifically told of a dagger from Asshai. This must be a special dagger. I mean, Doreah has been all over the world and has even seen a Many Faced Man. To mention a dagger in the same breath, that’s significant. I’m deducing that Arya’s mysterious & special dagger of unknown origin was the one seen by Doreah. It’s the same dagger displayed in Sam’s book at the Citadel when he reads about The Long Night, the first battle against the White Walkers 8,000 years ago where they were defeated and driven north.  

The Long Night battle [War for the Dawn] basically took place where The Wall is now. After the war, House Stark was established as Ruler of the North. Hmph, must’ve been someone special in the Stark family during that war to earn such a reward. 

Now, according to ancient R’llhor legend from Asshai, the original Azor Ahaidefeated the first White Walkers. Since Westeros & Asshai don’t share records, scripts, or anything for that matter, and bc there’s no actual written history dating back to that time, I’m assuming the White Walkers defeated by Azor Ahai are the same ones defeated in Westeros during the War For The Dawn, which is why Mellisandre says she feels stronger at the The Wall than back in Asshai. What we have is two differently-worded accounts of the same event. This leads us to believe that the original Azor Ahai is from Westeros, from The North, and might very well have been a member of House Stark. I mean- Mellisandre was in Westeros for 2 reasons- to put fire & ice together and to identify the Azor Ahai reincarnate. But again, no written records so no actual identity of the original Azor.  

We do, however, have vague Westerosian legends of a single First Man — whom Old Nan refers to in her stories as "the last hero" — unifying both the First Men and the Children of the Forest and leading them to victory. Now, we’re not told the identify of this “single First Man”, but we do know that Brandon Stark [Bran the Builder] is a legendary member of the First Men, was the founder of House Stark, raised The Wall, established the stronghold of Winterfell, and was the first King in the North. Hmph. He makes tremendous sense as the original Azor Ahai. He, like Arya, was also very young at the time. 

This brings us back to Arya

• Her ancestry appears possibly connected to the original Azor Ahai.
  • She already defeated the “darkness that gathers” [the White Walkers, The Great Other].
  • She possibly possesses the modern day Lightbringer. Interestingly, the original Azor Ahai failed multiple times in creating the Lightbringer, with each attempt resulting in a broken blade. What does a sword with a broken blade become? -a dagger. 
  • The prophesy says the Azor Ahai will be born again amidst smoke & salt. Hmph. Arya was essentially just reborn in the seaside city of King’s Landing while it was burnt to the ground. 
  • Ancient translations get twisted all the time, so “wake the dragons out of stone” probably means something else and was thrown in to distract us with Daenerys. Maybe it really means something like return the dragons to stone. 

The Lord of Light’s job is done [Mellisandre walked away], so I’m not sure how this plays out. Is it now up to man to fight his own battles vs man [or woman]. I think the God of Death [Many Faced God] still wants Dany dead for taking thousands of lives that weren’t “hers to take” and “not repaying the debt owed”. During the War for the Dawn, both the Children of the Forest and The First Men formed an alliance to defeat the original white walkers, and the CotF now are represented by Bran as the 3-Eyed Raven. So we have the 3ER of the Children of the Forest joining the reincarnation of Azor Ahai, Arya, to defeat the false prophet, Daenerys.

7 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

Have you read the books? Using this shat show to try and make this point is ridiculous.  There is no way Arya is the true (read GRRM books) PTWP. NO WAY! 

D&D are only doing what they are doing for shock and twist value ONLY.

This exactly. D&D don't give a fuck about prophesy, heck, the valonqar was fucking bricks.

Hello, first time posting here... I liked season 8 eventhough i found the two last seasons a little rushed (well to be honest, it's not really that it feel rushed to me, but it feels very different from the first six seasons in term of pacing... ) and i liked the final episode.
Anyway, back on the topic, the prince that was promised... i think it was Jon... and Daenerys was Nissa Nissa, and Drogon was illumination, and with illumination, he destroyed the true ennemy of the realm of men, the Iron Throne.
Did anyone get that too?

Archived