Best and worst TV series finales, and where does GoT rank? *Spoilers*

SansaJonRule

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Have only seen the first 4 episodes of S8 GOT so ive been avoiding articles and posts on the subject as much as possible till I can watch the final 2 myself. 

HBO has just announced they will make a sequel with an alternate ending, I believe fan anger was a great motivator for them.  Anyways I have no idea if you guys are already discussing that as I said im avoiding spoilers so im out.

They in fact said almost the exact opposite. I can’t even find a source reporting this version of events

DEADLINE: You made comments in 2017 that Game of Thrones would film multiple endings to protect the finale. Did you shoot multiple endings?

BLOYS: No. I think that was something at an appearance, and I said it something like anecdotally, and it caught on. I don’t think they actually shot multiple endings. But putting that in the water supply wasn’t a bad thing to protect against leaks. They always had a little bit of edge of doubt because you couldn’t be totally sure.

DEADLINE: How did you protect the ending from leaking in a big way?

BLOYS: I think there was somebody who was posting. … You could’ve found it if you wanted to but most people want to experience and go on a ride — I think it’s a testament to the show. By the last season we had so many security measures in place for how the show was distributed internationally, many safeguards. Even with that, because you are dealing with humans, there always is going to be the potential that someone leaks or tells somebody or does something so you can’t safe guard 100%. Ultimately, there was speculation about the ending — some of it correct as it turns out — but most people wanted to experience it as fans.

DEADLINE: Did you discuss any other alternate endings with Dan and David?

BLOYS: No. They are very smart, very bright, very methodical. They’ve had this in their heads for a long time. So there weren’t big debates about, should it end this way or not end this way, this is what they had planned.

Unrelated but this from the article got a guffaw from me

DEADLINE: What about their Confederate HBO drama. Can we assume that’s no longer on the front burner?

BLOYS: Not on the front burner, yes.

:lol:

13 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I stopped watching True Blood in whatever season they started up with the fairy silliness, and have never seen the finale, but it’s interesting that Alan Ball has one of the best of all time in Six Feet Under, and one of the worst in True Blood. 

True Blood wasn’t actually bad until the 4th Season, ok it was never compelling,thought provoking television but it was enjoyable and entertaining, the final few seasons just got ridiculous though, I did watch the entire series and agree it went downhill, to be fair though, given how awful the source material is I’m surprised it even started out watchable!.

35 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

given how awful the source material is I’m surprised it even started out watchable!.

Yeah I've never read any of it but from what I've gathered from Wikipedia it sounds absolutely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Yeah I've never read any of it but from what I've gathered from Wikipedia it sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Honestly don’t waste your time trying, I read the first two books when I was stuck in bed with flu years ago and, despite feeling absolutely terrible, having flu was a welcome relief from those books, not the other way around!.

Okay Mea Culpa's/apologies are in order for my incorrect post, I have the explanation in order ( twofold ).

1. I didnt read the whole article ( cuz trying to avoid spoilers) and

2. Missed the operative word "if" in this headline/article-

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/hbo-executive-reveals-if-there-will-be-game-thrones-sequel-after-awful-ending-59597

I originally read it as "HBO exec reveals there will be GOT sequel after awful ending. 

Missing the "if" makes for a very different statement, my apologies folks.

Archived