Glad that’s over.

One of the worst series I’ve ever seen, that ending was atrocious. Definitely not something I would recommend, maybe seasons 1-4 at best. 

Some may think I’m exaggerating but season 8 has been terrible and that finale was garbage. 

It’s defined by ruined characters and a nonsensical plot. 

I’m so frustrated at what they’ve done with GRRM’s work, regardless of whether he’s taking the ending in a similar direction or not, it will not be so blunt. 

I wish I had just stuck to the books and not entertained the series. Will be watching nothing else related to GoT, if the book(s) are ever released I will be sticking to them. 

As if the Unsullied and the Dothraki would be intimidated by the Northerner’s. Jon would have been killed instantly and not taken as a prisoner. Look how much they’ve sacrificed for Dany as if they wouldn’t have died avenging her if that was the cost to pay. 

There’s so much more I want to rant about but I will join in the discussion on other posts later as well as this one if anybody decides to express their anger. I definitely need a break right now. 

It was comical how ooc Dany was. Let's go rule the world? From the girl who left Mereen because she knew that she was meant to rule the Iron Throne, not other kingdoms? I choose what good is? Says the girl who constantly had advisors because she cared about others opinions? 

Dany got a worse ending than Cersei. WORSE THAN CERSEI!!!! So Dany's whole quest of empowerment and kindness and struggles were all so she could die a villain? This was the writers' huge "fuck you" to all Dany fans. We shouldn't have cheered her on when she killed the slavers? Varys was right on his no-reason suspicions? 

That ending was not Daenerys Targaryen. I feel sorry for Emilia for having to act that horrid script. 

They could have had the whole Jon killing Dany thing if she just destroyed the Red Keep and all the people within and he decided her brutal ends justify the means attitude to ruling will lead to too much death, her popping off and literally killing people at random was just ridiculous. She's literally crazy to reconcile the ideas that liberating King's Landing and killing hundreds of thousands of people are the same thing, whereas her thinking sacrificing thousands to save hundreds of thousands would at least make a logical sense in that if she'd done it from the start she wouldn't have lost Rhaegal or Missandei, nah she's just a world conquering nutcase now. They could have scaled the whole thing down to those people burning in the Red Keep and they wouldn't have lost anything yet gained some coherence... well except for 40 odd minutes of gratuitous shots of Dany burning EVERYTHING. 

Yep the cheese (Grey worms part/making of bran king with the council etc..... was the worst part of this episode... DandD were offered more Episodes and or another season and they turned it down to give us movie like ending season.

The pacing was Movie like.  No time to flesh out the story lines to move the audience correctly with believable stories. Lots of lackluster dialect.

The ending is the most important. It's so sad they seem to Be hell bent over election to get this off there back. I wish they would of humbled themselves and hired another show runner to help them or finish it. So they could of did this right. HBO appears to be letting it be know that they were ALL in GOT and were not holding back. 

Has critical has I can be of the show it still the best dam TV I've witnessed in my lifetime so far. A shame they won't get the proper thank you they deserve. 

It's like the game of Hearts and they should of and could of Shot the moon but they won but could of pulled off the amazing. 

I'm glad its over

I Easily can see in the (Hodor) episode and in this one the influence of George genius,  I don't like the ending but I have hope in his telling of it. 

maybe he will get over his writers block. 

31 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

Whyd you keep watching then? lol

Haha, it’s a summary of the whole show now that it’s over.

At the time I was enthusiastic about the next season and so on, I didn’t have the same opinion as I do now. 

There was clearly a decline but enough to make you continue watching, at one point you just don’t want to leave it unfinished. That’s how I am anyway.

Season 8 though, disaster. 

4 hours ago, Trigger Warning said:

They could have had the whole Jon killing Dany thing if she just destroyed the Red Keep and all the people within and he decided her brutal ends justify the means attitude to ruling will lead to too much death, her popping off and literally killing people at random was just ridiculous. She's literally crazy to reconcile the ideas that liberating King's Landing and killing hundreds of thousands of people are the same thing, whereas her thinking sacrificing thousands to save hundreds of thousands would at least make a logical sense in that if she'd done it from the start she wouldn't have lost Rhaegal or Missandei, nah she's just a world conquering nutcase now. They could have scaled the whole thing down to those people burning in the Red Keep and they wouldn't have lost anything yet gained some coherence... well except for 40 odd minutes of gratuitous shots of Dany burning EVERYTHING. 

There was an easy way to make her mass-murder more plausible: have Dany torch the Red Keep only to have the rest of the city go up in wildfire flames, as planned by Cersei. Then there would have been more of a point to Cersei's death AND Dany would still be responsible for not sticking to the plan. 

5 hours ago, madhikun said:

That ending was not Daenerys Targaryen. I feel sorry for Emilia for having to act that horrid script. 

I agree 100%. It was bizarre watching what it felt complete different character. And that speech about oh she was really always evil because she killed her enemiesin Essos.She killed them with fire and with other means, just because she didn't wield a sword, didnt do it herself and wasn't a man it doesnt make her a crazy villain. What she did in KL is another story. But trying to make us feel COMPLICIT because we cheered when she crucified child murderers is f*cking insane. Why all of the sudden they are aplying modern sensitivities to the story?  

In another topic, did you read the Ew interview? Poor Emilia , 2 years later and she still heartbroken. And Kit saying Dany was never good person. Ffs! As Emilia puts it in the end"I still stand with Daenerys".

This ending for Dany is clearly foretold by GRRM in last chapter of Dance with Dragons where Dany is talking with the grass, her inner conflict, especially the very last thing she says to the grass  The first time I read this I just scratched my head and went on.  On second read, about a month ago, I went wow, it now makes sense where D&D are going.

2 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

I won't either.

Me neither. I'd rather not put myself through that again.

To be honest, I had high hopes from season 8. I was willing to let things play out up to episode 3. But everything after that was just soooo baddd!!! I'm glad it's done.

Tbh, even thought he writing dropped off after season four when they lost a lot of the source material I think they got away with it as a TV show up until this season. Seven wasn't great and parts of 5/6 were murky but The Battle of The Bastards, Hardhorne and The Winds of Winter were all excellent episodes that tagged with the Red Wedding are probably the best the series produced overall.

I thought, despite the character arcs and development in general going South they at least made the show exciting and did amazing battles, the WW's were always interesting up until the actual end battle and that's really where it fell of the cliff. Season 8 episodes 3 gave them nowhere to turn because they betrayed all the characters and the overall arc of the story. Whereas before they could make mistakes and urn them around, after that episode they had nowhere left to go and the last series has suffered immeasurably for it.

It was always oing to fall a long way short from the books, Movies/Tv always do, they don't have the time to fully flesh out what you can in literature but its been a great show in terms of TV. They just fell of at the last hurdle otherwise I think they might have got away with it. I really think if they had took the offer for ten episdoes for seasons 7/8 that we would have got a more sensical conclusion even if they went the same route. A lot of it didn't make sense because they didn't have the time to tell or build up the story correctly and ended up just letting us presume what was mean tto have been happening whilst people teleported all over the shop. The last two seasons suffered truly dreadful writing/

Evn in that as a standalone episode the battle of Winterfell and The bells were enjoyable, they just didn't make sense as a conclusion to this story.

51 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

Viserys was mad Dany was mad? Don't think so. Show thing - not a book thing.

Well, they did seem to drop the whole "Mad Queen" thing and activate "FULL FUCKING HITLER GET REKT"

8 hours ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

One of the worst series I’ve ever seen, that ending was atrocious. Definitely not something I would recommend, maybe seasons 1-4 at best. 

Some may think I’m exaggerating but season 8 has been terrible and that finale was garbage. 

It’s defined by ruined characters and a nonsensical plot. 

I’m so frustrated at what they’ve done with GRRM’s work, regardless of whether he’s taking the ending in a similar direction or not, it will not be so blunt. 

I wish I had just stuck to the books and not entertained the series. Will be watching nothing else related to GoT, if the book(s) are ever released I will be sticking to them. 

As if the Unsullied and the Dothraki would be intimidated by the Northerner’s. Jon would have been killed instantly and not taken as a prisoner. Look how much they’ve sacrificed for Dany as if they wouldn’t have died avenging her if that was the cost to pay. 

There’s so much more I want to rant about but I will join in the discussion on other posts later as well as this one if anybody decides to express their anger. I definitely need a break right now. 

I agree on all points, I hope George finishes books and proves that the show hasn't much in common, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

As a whole Show is huge missed opportunity , and failure on almost all fronts, except maybe some of the emoting and cgi.

I recently watched "Outlaw King" movie with lot of Got actors just to wash out bad taste of last few episodes. Reading "The Complete Chronicles of Conan"  as recommended by Martin and will be hoping "Lotr" series does Second Age justice, I won't watch any of the successor shows since I don't trust in their quality.

Archived