Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

I agree 100%. It was bizarre watching what it felt complete different character. And that speech about oh she was really always evil because she killed her enemiesin Essos.She killed them with fire and with other means, just because she didn't wield a sword, didnt do it herself and wasn't a man it doesnt make her a crazy villain. What she did in KL is another story. But trying to make us feel COMPLICIT because we cheered when she crucified child murderers is f*cking insane. Why all of the sudden they are aplying modern sensitivities to the story?  

In another topic, did you read the Ew interview? Poor Emilia , 2 years later and she still heartbroken. And Kit saying Dany was never good person. Ffs! As Emilia puts it in the end"I still stand with Daenerys".

I did, I felt a lot of it was her trying to be nice to HBO. They completely butchered her character but she not only had to act it, she had to convincingly act it and support the show. It really disgusts me what she has been put through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had gone in expecting crap and with no expectations of goodness and they still managed  to dissapoint and horrify. The show had twenty minutes of dramatic walks and epic music like they needed filler. And making bran king REALLY! Everyone there chooses the weird kid who has no personality and no real experience ruling anythng except a short rule as acting lord of winterfell and in that short time lost winterfell to theon and a small group of soldiers. OW this episode literally hurt. Not joking my stomach hurt afterwards.

 

And they gave sansa EVERYTHING she ever wanted. She get a brother on the throne,a free north that she rules,and will get the credit for it,and to top it all off jon completly forgives her betrayl and says nothing about it. I am positive the writers did this just to piss people off. This was worse then the third matrix movie and it wasn't even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I had gone in expecting crap and with no expectations of goodness and they still managed  to dissapoint and horrify. The show had twenty minutes of dramatic walks and epic music like they needed filler. And making bran king REALLY! Everyone there chooses the weird kid who has no personality and no real experience ruling anythng except a short rule as acting lord of winterfell and in that short time lost winterfell to theon and a small group of soldiers. OW this episode literally hurt. Not joking my stomach hurt afterwards.

 

And they gave sansa EVERYTHING she ever wanted. She get a brother on the throne,a free north that she rules,and will get the credit for it,and to top it all off jon completly forgives her betrayl and says nothing about it. I am positive the writers did this just to piss people off. This was worse then the third matrix movie and it wasn't even close.

I can't believe that Jon didn't lay into Sansa for breaking her word and precipitating this entire disaster. He should have been deeply hurt at best and furious at worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, madhikun said:

I did, I felt a lot of it was her trying to be nice to HBO. They completely butchered her character but she not only had to act it, she had to convincingly act it and support the show. It really disgusts me what she has been put through. 

Wait what happened with her? I still like that actress though it was clear in season 7 and eight that she was having a really hard time with it. You could see her trying but they made her character go from smart and trying to do the right thing to automatically a tyrant who had "crazy" eyes within the second episode of this season.

 

Emilia clark is a great actor and you saw this especially in season two through six. She was still figuring things out in season one but so were alot of characters. Then they made her act like a psychotic spoiled child at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTuninator said:

I can't believe that Jon didn't lay into Sansa for breaking her word and precipitating this entire disaster. He should have been deeply hurt at best and furious at worst. 

Instead we got a smile and an "I forgive you" Yep jon gets betrayed in the worse way and just takes it. The writers clearly picked favorites this season and sansa was top of the list. I was so mad that my face actually felt hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Raebo said:

This ending for Dany is clearly foretold by GRRM in last chapter of Dance with Dragons where Dany is talking with the grass, her inner conflict, especially the very last thing she says to the grass  The first time I read this I just scratched my head and went on.  On second read, about a month ago, I went wow, it now makes sense where D&D are going.

No. She won't be a cuddly queen but she won't purposly burn down most of KL and kill hundreds of thousands of people on purpose. If KL is burned down by dany it will be because she hits her fathers cache of wildfire somehow or on accident where a fire gets out of control and spreads. I see the end of dance of dragons as a sort of spirit quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful. I don’t necessarily object to where the characters ended up (except king bran because it’s absurd), but I do object to the absolute shit job that was done getting them there. 

No scene of Jon talking with his siblings/cousins about his ancestry

no scenes involving the discovery that dany was killed, and the emotions felt because of that

no scenes explaining why Brienne has decided to leave Sansa and join the kings guard for Bran. 

No scenes explaining just how the hell sam is now not only a maester, but somehow qualified to be grandmaester

and yes, bran. KING BRAN. elected for his ability to remember stories, because he’s a mythological being that hasn’t been explained to 90% of the people on the voting board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Wait what happened with her? I still like that actress though it was clear in season 7 and eight that she was having a really hard time with it. You could see her trying but they made her character go from smart and trying to do the right thing to automatically a tyrant who had "crazy" eyes within the second episode of this season.

 

Emilia clark is a great actor and you saw this especially in season two through six. She was still figuring things out in season one but so were alot of characters. Then they made her act like a psychotic spoiled child at the end.

Nothing actually done to her, but can you imagine for 7 - 8 years being the most popular icon for women empowerment to then become crazed and show how women's emotions get the best of them? Because even though we can call it the targ way, she wasn't like that until just now. && Jon is a targ but he doesn't let that change him. 

 

The fact we had two queens - both die because of their emotions make this a really crap ending. Yeah we get Sansa but she already thanked her abusers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I met you a few months ago, and I will love you forever, mass murderer though you are. I and my family have at least a fair amount of the blood on our hands. The morons who advised you have to take some responsibility also. So now I am going to stab you and say goodbye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is winter. If you’ve paid attention to the story, you may have heard about winter and its effects. After the horror stories of the past few years, is anyone in the realm even half-way prepared for winter? Is there enough food? Are the walls and roofs in decent repair? Is there enough firewood? Do we currently have available man power and draft animal power needed to correct deficiencies in these areas? Some thoughts—

In Kings Landing some time ago, that great humanitarian Lord Baelish had something like this to say:: “We have enough food for 5 years. If the winter lasts longer than 5 years, we’ll have fewer peasants.” Given the actions of many lords and ladies, including some fan favorites, the situation is undoubtedly now worse.

In the Reach, those great heroes Bron, Jaime, Lord Tarly and his son…stole all of the peasants’ grain. Then Daenerys Targaryen burned a very large number of the wagons carrying the grain.

In Dorne, the answers to the above questions may be in the affirmative.

Everywhere else, the answers will vary from “maybe,” to “no,” to “hell no,” to “you can’t be serious.” Will there be widespread, probably massive starvation, many deaths due to freezing, etc.? Certainly.

Bittersweet ending? I don’t think so.

(Note: I'll probably post this on the "Bittersweet?" thread also.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only good thing to come out of this is that this abomination of one of the greatest stories ever told is finally fucking over. THANK FUCK!! I hope to never hear about this GoT thing ever again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsullied! It is amazing to see so many of you! You were mostly wiped out up at Winterfell. Your bodies were burned on immense pyres, using wood that the North could not afford to waste. Now, rank upon rank, you stand before me in the capital. In Esos, I told you that you were free men, able to choose your own path. You have just seen me slaughter countless people needlessly. I set fire to an entire city while you were in it, so I know you still love me. Now, we will set forth on great conquests, marching through winter lands without food, smashing other lands, some of which have already pledged fealty to me.

Was there ever, could there ever be, such a ridiculously stupid wack job as I have become? Obviously, the guys who write this stuff for me believe this. They also think all the viewers of this miserable television series will believe it. I assure you that, at least in regard to that last part, they are quite wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, snow is the man said:

And they gave sansa EVERYTHING she ever wanted.

To be honest, that did not bother me all that much. It did fell like overdoing on pleasing the fans after what they did to Sansa's character and gave her PTSD for life. Shrug. Besides, she won't last with her 'independent' from the southern crops kingdom any longer than Mary Queen  of Scotts did, that's for certain. Her weirdwood outfit sort of hinted in that direction.

The rest of the ending though was just atrocious writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genius that China review, 'nough said.

The real question is why are so many butt kissers defending such sub-par work that is paid so highly?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dragonslack said:

Genius that China review, 'nough said.

...

Yeah, real good stuff. One of the main reasons I stuck with HBO's GoT was to watch commentaries like this with full appreciation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

atleast we even had a show. i appreciate it. the cast was great. they busted their arses in freezing temps to film scenes. give some credit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ceerup said:

atleast we even had a show. i appreciate it. the cast was great. they busted their arses in freezing temps to film scenes. give some credit

uhhh, no? they are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars (or millions) to do a job that no one is forcing them to do. Zero sympathy for the cast, or for anyone making bank off of this dog turd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×