Bran Truly Was The Best Possible Choice To Rule

I'm still baffled how anyone can think that Bran is the best choice. He's known since S6 that Dany would burn down KL and did nothing (except bring mad Dany about depending on how you read his 'character'). Bran is dead and in it's place is the 3ER. How is it a good thing to put someone on any throne who shows no regard for human live or human suffering? A million people died so he could become King and he could have prevented it. Imagine what other atrocities he's going to allow or even facilitate. Then there is also the implication that Westeros is now a surveilence state because the 3ER can see whatever he wants, wherever he wants.

10 hours ago, Mystical said:

I'm still baffled how anyone can think that Bran is the best choice. He's known since S6 that Dany would burn down KL and did nothing (except bring mad Dany about depending on how you read his 'character'). Bran is dead and in it's place is the 3ER. How is it a good thing to put someone on any throne who shows no regard for human live or human suffering? A million people died so he could become King and he could have prevented it. Imagine what other atrocities he's going to allow or even facilitate. Then there is also the implication that Westeros is now a surveilence state because the 3ER can see whatever he wants, wherever he wants.

Thank you. 

Bran is the NSA. 

Perhaps a John Oliver should be pulled.

Hey guys, Bran will see the Lords of Westeros while they're pissing. 

The only way John got the people on the streets to care about the goverment reading their emails was by telling them that the NSA could see their dick pics. Hahaha.

16 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

When I see people making excuses for lauding an uncharismatic, nepotistic, apathetic, catatonic boy from a province that seceded moments after he took the crown and was implied to let Daenerys burn the city so he could be king as the best possible choice of ruler:

Exactly. If he did indeed know Dany was going to burn the city, why didn't he do anything to stop? Plus, if he can 'check to see what drogon is doing right now', why didn't he warg drogon and stop the mass murder. That part still baffles me.

4 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Exactly. If he did indeed know Dany was going to burn the city, why didn't he do anything to stop? Plus, if he can 'check to see what drogon is doing right now', why didn't he warg drogon and stop the mass murder. That part still baffles me.

Bronn's look of concern was literally the only saving grace of that scene, as he seemed to be the only person sane enough to think 'is this sorcerous nepotistic psychopath looking for a flying nuke he refused to stop the rampage of?'

7 hours ago, random girl from westeros said:

Thank you. 

Bran is the NSA. 

Perhaps a John Oliver should be pulled.

Hey guys, Bran will see the Lords of Westeros while they're pissing. 

The only way John got the people on the streets to care about the goverment reading their emails was by telling them that the NSA could see their dick pics. Hahaha.

Funny thing is there was old meme regarding John Oliver and Bran.

Bran John Oliver

49 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Bronn's look of concern was literally the only saving grace of that scene, as he seemed to be the only person sane enough to think 'is this sorcerous nepotistic psychopath looking for a flying nuke he refused to stop the rampage of?'

Seriously! This thread suddenly looks like the place to be. Stuff sounded so serious a while back. Now all I can think about is the Marilyn Monroe Gremlin.

And when you find yourself agreeing with The Bronn? Something smells like the Neck.

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I remember I was talking (raging, borderline screeching) to a friend at work on the Monday after the finale about Bran. The first thing he said was 'why the hell did Bran not stop the damn dragon when he was burning people. And why is everyone ok with this psychopath as king.' This particular colleague was not happy with the whole bran as king. I spoke to him late in the afternoon, but apparently he was raging since the morning.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

And why is everyone ok with this psychopath as king

The thing is, nobody voices even a slightly cogent opposition. Honestly, if show-Edmure had a few more of his book counterpart's redeeming qualities (and even without them), he would be a fine candidate to be king compared to Bran. No, being King doesn't require skillful archery. It doesn't require the ability to magically evade capture at one's own wedding either. Sansa can go fuck herself. I was rooting for her to be queen of the north after being the only competent one in the Battle of the Bastards, but fuck her now.

40 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Sansa can go fuck herself. I was rooting for her to be queen of the north after being the only competent one in the Battle of the Bastards, but fuck her now.

+1.

Sandra, who doesn't know how to use a knife, who has behaved like the worst coward in the crypt, unable to say a single word to the people she has the nerve to call "my people", deserves only a spanking and a good soap mouthwash.

I was rooting for her as well, but the show decided to replace the Lannisters with the Starks :bang:

9 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Because 3ER, and the crown, has no standing army. Every Kingdom in Westeros is empty of people apparently (and Davos says as much) except for the ruling family in said Kingdoms. The only Kingdom that stills seems to have people, despite the WW invasion, is the North. The best way to protect himself is find a literal nuke. There are no people left to make an army with. And you know, 3ER doesn't care about humans and wants to get rid of them, so  nuke is the best option.

7 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Sansa can go fuck herself. I was rooting for her to be queen of the north after being the only competent one in the Battle of the Bastards, but fuck her now.

Erm, why? What does her 'brother' being being a psycho have to do with her?

1 minute ago, Mystical said:

Because 3ER, and the crown, has no standing army. Every Kingdom in Westeros is empty of people apparently (and Davos says as much) except for the ruling family in said Kingdoms. The only Kingdom that stills seems to have people, despite the WW invasion, is the North. The best way to protect himself is find a literal nuke. There are no people left to make an army with. And you know, 3ER doesn't care about humans and wants to get rid of them, so  nuke is the best option.

There is no reason to believe Bran has any control of Drogon or other magical beings. This could be another argument in support of Dany and her Dragons - the only ones capable of breaking Brans control. 

1 minute ago, Techmaester said:

There is no reason to believe Bran has any control of Drogon or other magical beings.

There is also no reason to believe he doesn't since we are never given an estimate as to how powerful he really is.

2 minutes ago, Techmaester said:

This could be another argument in support of Dany and her Dragons - the only ones capable of breaking Brans control.

No reason to think that as it was never mentioned in the show that either Dany or her dragons were capable of that. Granted, just like with 3ER we simply don't know. But as there was never an instance of Dany or her dragons being able to break the control of mystical beings, it makes no sense to assume so. Actually considering that the NK, a mystical being, had perfect control over Viserion proves that the dragons are not capable of it.

7 minutes ago, Mystical said:

There is also no reason to believe he doesn't since we are never given an estimate as to how powerful he really is.

No reason to think that as it was never mentioned in the show that either Dany or her dragons were capable of that. Granted, just like with 3ER we simply don't know. But as there was never an instance of Dany or her dragons being able to break the control of mystical beings, it makes no sense to assume so. Actually considering that the NK, a mystical being, had perfect control over Viserion proves that the dragons are not capable of it.

Viserion was dead and then reanimated - it proved nothing. Bran clearly couldn't control the NK so obviously there is a limit to his power. 

2 hours ago, Mystical said:

I was referring to her 'sit down, Uncle' moment. It was a moment of completely unnecessary cattiness. At least her previous cattiness with Dany had something of a point (she seemed to be the only person remotely concerned with logistics), but that was pure meanness. But her surname is Stark, we have to root for her, right?

39 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I was referring to her 'sit down, Uncle' moment. It was a moment of completely unnecessary cattiness. At least her previous cattiness with Dany had something of a point (she seemed to be the only person remotely concerned with logistics), but that was pure meanness. But her surname is Stark, we have to root for her, right?

A woman being catty on this show? They all are unpleasant in their own way because D&D think empowered women are 'bitchy, catty, cold, full of themselves etc.'. That's not exclusive to Sansa. There hasn't been a pleasant woman on this show for Seasons with the exceptions of Gilly and Missandei. And those two are allowed to be nice because they are basically non-entities on the show anyway.

2 hours ago, Techmaester said:

Viserion was dead and then reanimated - it proved nothing.

What does being dead have to do with it? If dragons are actually magical, then death doesn't matter as the NK shouldn't be able to control a dragon then. How would death change a dragon's ability to break a mystical beings control? It's either an ability they have or they don't. And we are never shown they do so your original point, which is that the dragons can throw off a mystical beings control has no basis.

24 minutes ago, Mystical said:

A woman being catty on this show? They all are unpleasant in their own way because D&D think empowered women are 'bitchy, catty, cold, full of themselves etc.'. That's not exclusive to Sansa. There hasn't been a pleasant woman on this show for Seasons with the exceptions of Gilly and Missandei. And those two are allowed to be nice because they are basically non-entities on the show anyway.

Oh, I agree, it's just a shame that I had at least some kind of stake in one of the bitchy, catty, 'empowered' women because at least most of the time, her bitching made in-universe sense. Then Season 8 comes around and she's full 'chaosh ish a laddah' mode. 'Sit down, Uncle' was a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back moment.

22 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Oh, I agree, it's just a shame that I had at least some kind of stake in one of the bitchy, catty, 'empowered' women because at least most of the time, her bitching made in-universe sense. Then Season 8 comes around and she's full 'chaosh ish a laddah' mode. 'Sit down, Uncle' was a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back moment.

Yes! For all I keep saying she's a schemer, it was a proud moment to have Sansa the prospective Olenna Tyrell of the North. Smart, cunning, ready to do anything for her family. And then, poof. It's like she lost her brain and instead of using courtesy and good sense, being a proximity leader worried for her people and understanding the faults of thise those around her it was all 'I'm wearing black, so I'm head bitch now, shut your face'.

I was sad. Really. 'Nother bit of baseless hope lost.

Archived