Bran Truly Was The Best Possible Choice To Rule

7 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

Tyrion can handle him, it was Tyrion's decision.

HA! Tyrion can handle him? Did you miss the part where Bronn basically extorts an ENTIRE KINGDOM from him. Now, Lord Bronn wants to publicly subsidize brothels. Tyrion controls him by telling a joke about a brothel. Bronn has been riding rough-shot over Tyrion since Tyrion was made hand the first time. 

D&D like Bronn because he is the only character 1 dimensional enough for them to write good material for. That's it. 

Just now, Erkan12 said:

He didn't do that when Cersei ordered him to kill Tyrion.

Because tyrion could pay him more. There might come a day when tryrion's enemies could pay him a higher price. The iron bank comes to mind. That was a plotline the show just abandoned.

15 hours ago, Bran the Shipper said:

Bran is not a pure good character, he uses others as tools despite the trauma it causes them.  Before he became the Three Eyed Raven he did this to Hodor.  Using his body so that he could walk around despite knowing that it terrified Hodor whenever he did this. 

Then he uses his power as the 3ER to manipulate events so that he becomes king.  If he truly didn't want to become king he would not have journeyed south with Sansa, but he did knowing full well what awaited him.  Why tell Jon about his parentage if all that comes of it is that it drives a rift between Jon and Dany and eventually results in Jon killing her.  Knowing that this would tear Jon apart inside.  But it leads to Bran becoming king so he forced the truth out. 

It just seems awfully convenient that everyone that has hurt Bran ends up dead, but his family and friends all have a relatively happy ending. 

Also Bran must have grabbed some major power to not only allow Sam to become a maester but to then name him Grand Maester.  The position of Grand Maester is supposed to be selected by the citadel and I doubt the would choose a disgraced thief as their representative.

Good stuff, but even if Bran actually IS the ultimate puppet master, who can say he's wrong???

Presumably, Bran knows how things must be, and that's part of why I think he was the best choice to be ruler in the end.

48 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I'm not so sure of that. I think tyrion is made to look smarter than he is. Season 8 was proof of that. Plus, people like bronn eventually figure out a way to bite the hand that feeds them (pun intended)

As far as Tyrion's intelligence goes, it depends what you're talking about. When it was just about politics and playing the game, he was quite bright. But when he had to start making military decisions, that was when he failed. So I would say he is smart in politics and administration, but a complete dunce about military matters.

I totally agree about Bronn. Still scratching my head over that one. There had to be some other way to show us he was Lord of Highgarden.

54 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Because tyrion could pay him more. There might come a day when tryrion's enemies could pay him a higher price. The iron bank comes to mind. That was a plotline the show just abandoned.

I don't think it was ever meant to be a major plot line. Cersei paid them back.

Bran is a catatonic piece of useless shit who did absolutely nothing for two full seasons when he could have helped others and saved thousands of people. 

Either he is so catatonic he doesn’t realize this, or if he does, he is a manipulative psychopath would should not be allowed anywhere near power. His reaction was 100% out of character and 0% explained. I was honestly waiting for his eyes to roll back and return in a gleaming blue color until the very last second because that would at least explain his reaction. But no, the show was determined to sign out without even an attempt at explaining any of the baffling nonsensical shit that happened. 

28 minutes ago, Cron said:

Good stuff, but even if Bran actually IS the ultimate puppet master, who can say he's wrong???

Presumably, Bran knows how things must be, and that's part of why I think he was the best choice to be ruler in the end.

Dany believed she knew how things must be, too. 

The show has done an absolute shit job of explaining the situation with Bran and his powers. 

The whole point of electing someone was so it never again came down to one person saying they knew best. 

12 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

How did he use them? 

he said nothing about Jaimie pushing him, he said everything about Jon parentage, he gave arya the dagger, he baited NK, etc.

i doubt if they killed Jaimie, Jon would have killed Danny. Chain reaction my friends. He gave them the future created by him. basically he was the master puppet.

The whole point of electing someone was so it never again came down to one person saying they knew best.

and Brann is the right person who can say he know the best. Remember he can see the future.

2 hours ago, The One Who Kneels said:

In a feudal monarchy the ability to inspire loyalty among your vassals is absolutely huge. Having that ability doesn't make you a good king but not having it is a huge stumbling block.

Yes, inspiring loyalty is extremely important. Not having that ability is a stumbling block but not insurmountable. My point is there are ways to inspire loyalty other than being charismatic. Bran already has the loyalty of all the major houses in Westeros due simply to his being the best person to be made king.

unloved Daenerys (who is only unloved because the plot demands it but whatever)

She was unloved because she was a foreign Targaryen invader who came to Westeros with her dragons and her armies demanding everyone bend the knee to her for no more reason than because she was the daughter of an evil king whom they hated. Not to mention they remember what happened the last time a Targaryen invaded with his dragons (something Dany was counting on). If that happened in the real world (and it has), how would you react?

But all of a sudden all of this basic shit about how a feudal monarchy works gets thrown out the window so we can get King Bran?

Thrown out the window is an overstatement, but yes, they took the first step in abolishing feudal monarchy by changing the way succession to the throne is determined. So now the power balance between king and nobles has changed, but that's all. The rest of feudalism is still alive and well.

If you were a Dany fan, I would think you would appreciate this particular development because the abuses of power in the feudal system is part of the wheel Dany wanted to break!

8 minutes ago, Pacala said:

he said nothing about Jaimie pushing him, he said everything about Jon parentage, he gave arya the dagger, he baited NK, etc.

i doubt if they killed Jaimie, Jon would have killed Danny. Chain reaction my friends. He gave them the future created by him. basically he was the master puppet.

I don't know, this is not implied by the script but for me this doesn't play a role. He is either evil or useless (for all his powers did nothing to help), only sat there and waited to be rescued. So... nada being a King was not earned and it has the feeling that the writers just wanted a use for the character but again without any build-up or development. 

2 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Except Bronn hasn't shown any skill with money management. It's just projection based on assumptions made due to his background. In fact, he has repeated shown himself to be greedy, hence susceptible to corruption.

I wont argue he isn't greedy however I don't see how that automatically means that he is susceptible to being corrupted... and even it were so he has shown he will side with who ever can offer him the most... what ever the deal was being offered to him... he would just go to Tyrion and ask for it to be matched as he has always done..

He's not one to accept an offer and not allow the opposition the chance to go one better, so again he may be tempted to take offers... but he will just get his chum Tyrion to offer more.

On the other side, he isn't a stupid man and wont take risks if it could lose him everything, so I highly doubt he would take gold at the expense of being stripped of his land/title.

I don't see why everyone is automatically jumping to the conclusion that this small council will fail and seek more power and be easily corrupted... firstly Bran will most likely be vigilant so they know themselves it would be hard to plan or do anything without his know how, secondly for the most part they are some of the least power driven men sitting at table... with the exception of Bronn how would be the most likely to be swayed and again I highly doubt he would risk the good life for gold no matter the price.

39 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I wont argue he isn't greedy however I don't see how that automatically means that he is susceptible to being corrupted... and even it were so he has shown he will side with who ever can offer him the most... what ever the deal was being offered to him... he would just go to Tyrion and ask for it to be matched as he has always done..

He's not one to accept an offer and not allow the opposition the chance to go one better, so again he may be tempted to take offers... but he will just get his chum Tyrion to offer more.

On the other side, he isn't a stupid man and wont take risks if it could lose him everything, so I highly doubt he would take gold at the expense of being stripped of his land/title.

I don't see why everyone is automatically jumping to the conclusion that this small council will fail and seek more power and be easily corrupted... firstly Bran will most likely be vigilant so they know themselves it would be hard to plan or do anything without his know how, secondly for the most part they are some of the least power driven men sitting at table... with the exception of Bronn how would be the most likely to be swayed and again I highly doubt he would risk the good life for gold no matter the price.

What happens the day tyrion cannot match what someone else offers him? Let's say the iron bank. Or Dorne wanting to be independent again. This is the problem with relying on people with no principles, you cannot. There's no telling what they will do in a given situation. And bronn's has up to now exclusively betrayed people for the highest bidder, so saying he won't risk a good life no matter what the price has no basis in fact.

As for Bran being vigilant, he cannot predict every possible outcome and cannot keep an eye on every possible person at all times. He s not infallible and bad judgement is usually the beginning of failure for any ruler/administrator.

2 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

What happens the day tyrion cannot match what someone else offers him? Let's say the iron bank. Or Dorne wanting to be independent again. This is the problem with relying on people with no principles, you cannot. There's no telling what they will do in a given situation. And bronn's has up to now exclusively betrayed people for the highest bidder, so saying he won't risk a good life no matter what the price has no basis in fact.

As for Bran being vigilant, he cannot predict every possible outcome and cannot keep an eye on every possible person at all times. He s not infallible and bad judgement is usually the beginning of failure for any ruler/administrator.

He didn't have anything to lose with those previous betrayals? He mentions many times he was given things and it was taken away from him... he didn't have high garden and a seat at the small council table when he was taking these risks.

Ehhh he can see the future... So again if anyone is plotting then the outcome of their betrayal will already be known to Bran.

2 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

As far as Tyrion's intelligence goes, it depends what you're talking about. When it was just about politics and playing the game, he was quite bright. But when he had to start making military decisions, that was when he failed. So I would say he is smart in politics and administration, but a complete dunce about military matters.

Except tyrion was the one who orchestrated most of the battle of blackwater. He is capable of handling military matters. His political acumen I would question, if he thinks bronn was a good candidate for lord of highgarden. 

I think tyrion cracks dealing with emotions. Killing shae, following dany (he said he loved and believed in her), giving bronn the reach (assuming bronn is his loyal friend) were all emotional decisions. He may be smart, but he's not as smart as he is made out to be.

Just now, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

He didn't have anything to lose with those previous betrayals? He mentions many times he was given things and it was taken away from him... he didn't have high garden and a seat at the small council table when he was taking these risks.

You are discounting the power of greed. What if he decides he wants to be king and does everything he can to achieve that end.

1 minute ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Ehhh he can see the future... So again if anyone is plotting then the outcome of their betrayal will already be known to Bran.

Bran isn't invincible. We don't know how clearly he can see the future. If it's something like Mel's visions, he is vulnerable. And if he did indeed use Jaime and Dany to set events into motion so that he could be king, then he's tethering on the edge of turning into something as bad as the NK. Makes him pretty terrible for the job.

Just now, Apoplexy said:

You are discounting the power of greed. What if he decides he wants to be king and does everything he can to achieve that end.

Bran isn't invincible. We don't know how clearly he can see the future. If it's something like Mel's visions, he is vulnerable. And if he did indeed use Jaime and Dany to set events into motion so that he could be king, then he's tethering on the edge of turning into something as bad as the NK. Makes him pretty terrible for the job.

Again that would just be guessing, someone that's had nothing wanting to live an easy life and get away from the life of a cut throat, doesn't automatically mean he wants to climb the ladder and become king.... little finger showed no interest in being rich he wanted power, Bronn has never shown any interest in titles or power its always been about the Gold, but he has gotten lucky and got both.

This is where my point is actually going to backfire because I don't believe Bran has ever used the ability to change what is meant to be, I actually believe he has had the ability for a long time but never revealed having it as it would be dangerous if others knew he could.

So my point about him being able to see what others are planning and acting on it isn't really a good one as I believe he wouldn't attempt to change what is meant to be even if meant he would be killed.

Archived