The Great thread-re-read of the Great coats

Varysblackfyre321

53 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Um, is the series even that old?

No but then none of the series Varys has been doing re-read topics for have been.

Also I don't wanna be like 'yo don't post' coz it's good that you're trying to generate talk and individual topics for decent series is no bad thing and I'm no mod anyway, but it feels like if you're gonna do re-read topics you should structure them as such and give people a chance to at least look at the books you're re-reading before you blow through them in two weeks and move on to the next one.
As it is you're really just sorta posting 'Varys is currently reading' threads.

Anyway I read the first two books of this when they came out but then let it slip. Should pick it back up coz they were fun.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I thought each one was better then the last, and I love the shit out of his new series. But yeah these do kind of seem like drunk posts.

Dude, you’ve taken me saying a book was boring, and a book series immature drunk a  post. I can’t put much stock in your declarations when your bar is that low lol.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

No but then none of the series Varys has been doing re-read topics for have been.

Also I don't wanna be like 'yo don't post' coz it's good that you're trying to generate talk and individual topics for decent series is no bad thing and I'm no mod anyway, but it feels like if you're gonna do re-read topics you should structure them as such and give people a chance to at least look at the books you're re-reading before you blow through them in two weeks and move on to the next one.
As it is you're really just sorta posting 'Varys is currently reading' threads.

Anyway I read the first two books of this when they came out but then let it slip. Should pick it back up coz they were fun.

In my defense people could still post on the threads I made regardless of My declaration of being finished(for a time), with reading the series in question. They(if they are reading it) are not pacing themselves to my tempo.  I could read the series in a month or a year.  They’ll go at they’re own pace if any. Though yes I could have structure the thread more neatly. Taken the empathesis off myself in the OPs and onto the series in question. Guys I do apologize for that and in the future if I make one of these re- read threads to be more careful. I do want to attract those who’ve read the series to come and talk about it. Hopefully they could offer insights that I(probably) hadn’t considered yet and are worth a ponder. 

Yeah you also started a thread about how X-men the last stand was anti gay, which was pretty much incomprehensible, and still is. And god knows I am a terrible typist and speller myself, but your posts...do not come across as being from a sober person. You also don’t need to start a post every time you have a thought. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah you also started a thread about how X-men the last stand was anti gay, which was pretty much incomprehensible, and still is. And god knows I am a terrible typist and speller myself, but your posts...do not come across as being from a sober person. You also don’t need to start a post every time you have a thought. 

Meh, I don’t regret making that thread. I thought I was clear in my reasoning but I get the feeling you were deliberately being obtuse. And I make a lot of spelling errors in my posts.  I could say it’s mostly because I go on this site using my cracked phone. But if I’m being honest I’m not really terribly concerned with it altogether. I’m not 13. I’ll make threads if  if I’m bored. The threads could generate some good discussion, or it could garner just a single reply and never be commented on again. Either way it doesn’t really inconvenience me or anyone else. You do not have to post on threads that you have no interest in discussing other than to say “this thread is bad” but you nevertheless you do repeatedly.  I imagine that’s fun for you. Keep on doing you my man. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Also, lol is not a word, nor puncation.

It’s punctuation not “puncation”. If you’re going to play a grammar nazi put real care into your performance.

8 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

This thread is bad

Oh my god I am once again destroyed! :oWhen I accuse you of offering replies with no real point other than “thread bad” you-offer another nothing  reply saying “thread bad”.  And you’ve helped keep this thread on the first page of this section a little bit longer! Damn I never wanted that. My god truly you are the master. I am crying with shame in face of your great argumentation and logic.:bowdown:

You got me again. Damn. Haven’t been devastated since you called me drunk for saying a book was boring. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Also, it has nothing to do with grammar, my drunk friend. It has to do with you not coming across as a 14 year old girl on Facebook. But hey you do you.

How could I be so foolish :crying:. Of course when you complain about “lol” being at the end of a sentence, grammar is far from your great mind. 

You might consider posting in the quarterly threads that you are reading book x y or z. It will often generate discussion from others if there is interest and people generally respond to any questions you might raise

12 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

They(if they are reading it) are not pacing themselves to my tempo.  I could read the series in a month or a year.  They’ll go at they’re own pace if any. Though yes I could have structure the thread more neatly.

Yeah basically that's what I'm saying. A re-read thread in online parlance means a specific thing (see the current Abercrombie re-read thread) where people read to a schedule and get together to discuss stuff- essentially a forum-based book club- and people are more likely to skip out if they're not currently rereading or not wanting to read that series, you're more likely to get more bites if you just title it the title of the series and just mention you're re-reading it in passing.

Also as Helena says you'll also likely get replies just posting in the quarterly thread. The first two threads you did got some traction coz a lot of people want to say how they thought Warded Man degraded, whereas we love our underappreciated Abraham around here, but not every series you pick is gonna generate the kind of views to sustain a thread.

But, ya know, it's not a huge deal.

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

This thread is still bad

I’m broken:stillsick:. Damn man before I met you the only person I thought could demolish me this badly was that 4 year old boy who called me dumb-dumb when I was in Pre-school. You are awesome.

5 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah basically that's what I'm saying. A re-read thread in online parlance means a specific thing (see the current Abercrombie re-read thread) where people read to a schedule and get together to discuss stuff- essentially a forum-based book club- and people are more likely to skip out if they're not currently rereading or not wanting to read that series, you're more likely to get more bites if you just title it the title of the series and just mention you're re-reading it in passing.

Also as Helena says you'll also likely get replies just posting in the quarterly thread. The first two threads you did got some traction coz a lot of people want to say how they thought Warded Man degraded, whereas we love our underappreciated Abraham around here, but not every series you pick is gonna generate the kind of views to sustain a thread.

But, ya know, it's not a huge deal.

Meh, fair enough. Thanks for the advice.

Archived