Dany CAN (And Shall???) Rise Again!!!

Face it folks, the Dragon Queen's quest for power is not necessarily over.

FACT:  Dany's body is unaccounted for.

FACT:  Drogon took her body, headed east, and is also now unaccounted for.

FACT:  We have seen at least two characters (Jon and Beric) resurrected, and there is NO reason that Dany cannot also be resurrected, especially where Drogon was headed (Essos).

Bottom line:  Dany as a character is very much in play for the sequel, as an Undead Dragon Lady on a Mad Quest for Revenge..

BRING IT ON, HBO!!!

39 minutes ago, Cron said:

Face it folks, the Dragon Queen's quest for power is not necessarily over.

FACT:  Dany's body is unaccounted for.

FACT:  Drogon took her body, headed east, and is also now unaccounted for.

FACT:  We have seen at least two characters (Jon and Beric) resurrected, and there is NO reason that Dany cannot also be resurrected, especially where Drogon was headed (Essos).

Bottom line:  Dany as a character is very much in play for the sequel, as an Undead Dragon Lady on a Mad Quest for Revenge..

BRING IT ON, HBO!!!

I think Dany should be allowed to rest in peace.

I could see the show runners doing it, though.

31 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I think Dany should be allowed to rest in peace.

I could see the show runners doing it, though.

I could see it happening too.

Dany vs. Jon, Round 2.

And I think the "unaccounted for body" is one of the biggest tip-offs in fiction that "this ain't really over."

29 minutes ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

The cast is moving on...but much to GRRM's consternation there is always fan fiction.

Could be we'll have to  wait a while, maybe even decades, but I DO believe a sequel (not the prequels, but a true sequel) is inevitable.

When something is as popular and successful as GoT, sequels happen, even if it takes 32 years (like the gap between Star Wars VI and Star Wars VII)

I'm pretty sure the point of this completely nonsensical flight away is precisely to keep this kind of speculation open. Targaryens are cremated. Why didn't they cremate Dany?

And if Jon can come back why can't another Targaryen? Why can't they all come back? There is no point to all this, so everything can happen.

Could be. However, Baeric and Jon were raised to serve the Lord of Light's purposes. Presumably a Red Priestess would not be able to raise someone without there being some purpose for them to serve, and I don't think personal revenge would be enough.

Just now, SansaJonRule said:

Could be. However, Baeric and Jon were raised to serve the Lord of Light's purposes. Presumably a Red Priestess would not be able to raise someone without there being some purpose for them to serve, and I don't think personal revenge would be enough.

Don’t tell Catelyn Stark that .

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

I'm pretty sure the point of this completely nonsensical flight away is precisely to keep this kind of speculation open. Targaryens are cremated. Why didn't they cremate Dany?

Maybe Drogon took her back to Essos where she hatched him and cremated her himself. He had the stronger tie to her than any character did.

2 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Maybe Drogon took her back to Essos where she hatched him and cremated her himself. He had the stronger tie to her than any character did.

The point being here is that the show had the dragon fly away with Dany's corpse. That leaves room for speculation and continuation of some sort.

It doesn't matter what *actually happens* - this travesty is never going to be continued - what matters here is what the implication of this nonsense is. And that's to have some sort of 'open ending' despite the fact there should be closure.

Real closure would have been a pyre. Not to mention considering that the first season also ended with a pyre.

Just now, Lord Varys said:

The point being here is that the show had the dragon fly away with Dany's corpse. That leaves room for speculation and continuation of some sort.

It doesn't matter what *actually happens* - this travesty is never going to be continued - what matters here is what the implication of this nonsense is. And that's to have some sort of 'open ending' despite the fact there should be closure.

Real closure would have been a pyre. Not to mention considering that the first season also ended with a pyre.

Yes, I realize the point being an open ending, and that 's just what I like to think happened. I loved the way Drogon gently picked her up and carried her away.

Who was cremated at the end of season one? I can't remember for the life of me. Unless you're referring to Ned, but there was no pyre for him.

Just now, SansaJonRule said:

Yes, I realize the point being an open ending, and that 's just what I like to think happened. I loved the way Drogon gently picked her up and carried her away.

Who was cremated at the end of season one? I can't remember for the life of me. Unless you're referring to Ned, but there was no pyre for him.

I meant Drogo, of course.

51 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Even Darth Vader was cremated, smh.

I read someone in twitter said it's like Drogon suddenly learned to speak in metaphor and allegory.

Real talk, I guess the endings for Jon and Dany were this open and ambiguous because they didn't want to actually spoil the books... so... thanks?

1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

I agree, I don't think she'll be back, most likely Drogon took her to give her a proper Targ funeral.

Archived