Dany CAN (And Shall???) Rise Again!!!

2 hours ago, Cron said:

FACT:  Dany's body is unaccounted for.

FACT:  Drogon took her body, headed east, and is also now unaccounted for.

FACT:  We have seen at least two characters (Jon and Beric) resurrected, and there is NO reason that Dany cannot also be resurrected, especially where Drogon was headed (Essos).

Bottom line:  Dany as a character is very much in play for the sequel, as an Undead Dragon Lady on a Mad Quest for Revenge..

BRING IT ON, HBO!!!

This makes me so sad but also of course they left room for a cheap sequel

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

I'm pretty sure the point of this completely nonsensical flight away is precisely to keep this kind of speculation open. Targaryens are cremated. Why didn't they cremate Dany?

And if Jon can come back why can't another Targaryen? Why can't they all come back? There is no point to all this, so everything can happen.

Maybe it's because her body do not burn?

36 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

When exactly did they see it?

Do you think that nobody saw the fight between NK/Viserion and Dany/Drogon in Ep.03? Blue flame Viserion against Drogon/Dany. Well it's possible in all that craziness nobody would have noticed. But not Jon. His attention was all the time  focus on NK/Viserion. In the end, it doesn't matter. It was my assumption.

3 minutes ago, loverofcats said:

Do you think that nobody saw the fight between NK/Viserion and Dany/Drogon in Ep.03? Blue flame Viserion against Drogon/Dany. Well it's possible in all that craziness nobody would have noticed. But not Jon. His attention was all the time  focus on NK/Viserion. In the end, it doesn't matter. It was my assumption.

Yeah the craziness that Samwell Tarly can be swarmed three times over and survive even though he did no actual real fighting.

The flames didn't even touch Daenerys.

The show already "established" that while fire can't hurt Daenerys, it can destroy her clothes.

Let's face it, she's dead as a doormat. But it is a terrifying thought that they might really do a sequel with zombie Dany.

2 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Why Greyworm was so sure someone killed her without the body ? Jon could have said that she decided that the Throne isnt for her and took off with Drogon for Valyria.

First, Jon is an honorable guy so he said what he did. It seemed he was ready to face the consequences (he stood against Drogon doinng nothing). If he said she just flew off, no one would believe him, she just gave a fierce speech about conquering (aka burning) the world.

26 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Yeah the craziness that Samwell Tarly can be swarmed three times over and survive even though he did no actual real fighting.

The flames didn't even touch Daenerys.

The show already "established" that while fire can't hurt Daenerys, it can destroy her clothes.

Sam's got to live to return the books to the Citadel.;)

4 hours ago, Cron said:

Face it folks, the Dragon Queen's quest for power is not necessarily over.

I agree, for this reason:

In the end, Game of Thrones turned out to be a standard fantasy story. Noble orphans go on a great adventure, face obstacles, fight evil, and end up as queen, king, and great adventurers after saving the realm(s).

In a standard fantasy story, it usually turns out that the main bad guy wasn't dead after all. So I assume that Dany is most likely alive and well somewhere.

I mean, how long would it take for Drogon to fly to Volantis (or another city where there is a significant population of Red Priests who could revive Dany)? Depending on how long it would take him, Dany's corpse may not be particularly fresh anymore, so I shudder to imagine what a resurrected Dany would look like (not to mention her mental state).

5 hours ago, Cron said:

Face it folks, the Dragon Queen's quest for power is not necessarily over.

FACT:  Dany's body is unaccounted for.

FACT:  Drogon took her body, headed east, and is also now unaccounted for.

FACT:  We have seen at least two characters (Jon and Beric) resurrected, and there is NO reason that Dany cannot also be resurrected, especially where Drogon was headed (Essos).

Bottom line:  Dany as a character is very much in play for the sequel, as an Undead Dragon Lady on a Mad Quest for Revenge..

BRING IT ON, HBO!!!

There are no facts. This is fiction. Anything goes. Dany is dead, betrayed by love. The end.

16 minutes ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

I mean, how long would it take for Drogon to fly to Volantis (or another city where there is a significant population of Red Priests who could revive Dany)? Depending on how long it would take him, Dany's corpse may not be particularly fresh anymore, so I shudder to imagine what a resurrected Dany would look like (not to mention her mental state).

In my version of this story, she's not dead, and Drogo uses dragon magic to heal her.
Of course, he could just use the same dragon magic to raise her from the dead.
Dragons healing is not established, but this has turned into a pretty standard fantasy story, and there is basis for dragons healing people in other fantasy stories. Dragon Heart for example.

9 hours ago, tallTale said:

What’s that one red priestess name again,  kinvara? The one who we saw for an episode then never again . She should do it.

Great, great point.

I wish I had thought to mention Kinvara in my original post.

WHY did the show give us that character at all???  She did nothing but give a speech, as I recall, and yet we were told her actual name as a character.  Why???  Perhaps so the sequel can use her to resurrect Dany, and they can say "Hey, it's not out of left field, this character was established a long time ago, way back in the original series."

5 hours ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

Jon was regamortis dead when he was revived and he had over a dozen stab wounds.

Archived