Dany CAN (And Shall???) Rise Again!!!

51 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Reviving only works if it's needed. And there's no need for Dany anymore. She helped against the WW, the IT is destroyed, dynastic rule is ended, Slaver's Bay isn't a slaver area anymore, the Dothraki are in Westeros unable to capture people to sell them to markets, and the Unsullied protect the Naathi from other slave catchers. No, source for slaves and no markets anymore. And magical abilities will be tempered down as well - since Ice is done for and there's only 1 dragon left.

Dany is needed if whatever story they write in the sequel says she is needed.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

Why did Jon kill her?

How do you interpret her last sentences?

Her last sentences were that of a sociopath but she is not a sociopath so either that wasn't her or the writer's decicided to make her a sociopath to fit their narrative. I think it's the latter.

12 hours ago, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

The cast is moving on...but much to GRRM's consternation there is always fan fiction.

The cast is moving on, but some of the cast is still quite young.

Even if no sequel (as opposed to a prequel) is made for 10 or 15 years, plenty of them should still be available, I think.

Let her rest in peace.  What she thought she wanted, was the IT, though the draw of its power corrupted her and the pursuit of it steadily stole everything from her.  What she really wanted, was to be loved and truly understood.  Let her go and be with Rhaego and Drogo. 

45 minutes ago, Pacala said:

if Arya survived being stabbed more then once, then Daenerys is doing great.

Yeah, that's another laugh. This show has no consistency anymore. I think I'm still in a state of near-permanent disbelief over Ramsay running around shirtless brandishing daggers one or two episodes after Sandor's great speech about how "Meryn Trant had armor, and a big ****ing sword". 

16 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Let her rest in peace.  What she thought she wanted, was the IT, though the draw of its power corrupted her and the pursuit of it steadily stole everything from her.  What she really wanted, was to be loved and truly understood.  Let her go and be with Rhaego and Drogo. 

Difficult to rest in peace when you were betrayed and stabbed by your lover. Sounds like every horror movie.

Just now, Red Dragon10 said:

Many people die horrific deaths.  That doesn't mean they can't rest in peace.  

It wouldn't solely be about the violence. it would be about the deep seeded betrayal that remains burning in her soul. Same with Cat.

3 minutes ago, tallTale said:

It wouldn't solely be about the violence. it would be about the deep seeded betrayal that remains burning in her soul. Same with Cat.

I just don't want that for her.  I don't like the way they did her arc, but she pursued the wrong things.  She thought the wrong things were her destiny and her right, and that it would make her happy (it wouldn't have).  I think peace in death is the happiest ending she can have, now.  What we saw a hint of in the House of the Undying. 

14 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Could be. However, Baeric and Jon were raised to serve the Lord of Light's purposes. Presumably a Red Priestess would not be able to raise someone without there being some purpose for them to serve, and I don't think personal revenge would be enough.

Oh, there would be a purpose, all right.

Sequel money.

HARR!!

13 hours ago, Dan Bingler said:

This makes me so sad but also of course they left room for a cheap sequel

Game of Thrones is a gold mine, and I'm sure someone is gonna tap into it again with characters from the original series.

Just a matter of time.

It would have been really cool to see the following scene:

We follow a procession of red priests on a pilgrimage to attend the dragon queen's funeral. On a barren mountain top amid the Dothraki sea a funeral pyre is being constructed by the priests who have already arrived, following the path of burnt and charred remains of animals and grass. Above the pyre Drogon sits, surveying the funeral preparations as the red priests occasionally glance up nervously as they go about their work. Eventually, a massive gathering of people has amassed to pay tribute to their alleged savior, who was bitterly betrayed by the faithless western lords. Kinvara leads the chanting, beckoning followers to come forward to avenge the death of their god's chosen vessel who was wrongfully murdered by Bran the Broken; agent of the great other from beyond the wall. AS the funeral pyre is being lit and Dany's body is being placed atop it, a stranger emerges from the crowd carrying a large ornate chest and carefully open it and places the contents into the heart of the pyre. As the smoke begins to rise and the flames engulf Dany's body, we hear Drogon let out of earth-shattering roar. From deep within the rising flames we hear the another roar, a smaller fainter echo, as another generation of dragons is born into the world.  

Archived