Dany CAN (And Shall???) Rise Again!!!

1 hour ago, Dragonslack said:

In your dreams. Again grasping at straws. It is over.

Of course we're "grasping at straws", that's the entire point of why they ended with an open ending for Drogon and dead-Daenerys moving towards Volantis:  To allow the fans to keep theorizing about what might or might not happen in a potential future sequel. 

And why name drop Volantis? why not Dragonstone, or Pentos, or the Dothrakhi sea? etc. They deliberately said Volantis knowing that since Kinvara is there, fans would speculate about that possible resurrection, not to mention allowing any potential sequel to have the option to bring Dany back.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

And why name drop Volantis? why not Dragonstone, or Pentos, or the Dothrakhi sea? etc. They deliberately said Volantis knowing that since Kinvara is there, fans would speculate about that possible resurrection, not to mention allowing any potential sequel to have the option to bring Dany back.

Most people probably don't remember who Kinvara is.

Just now, Moseh Khayim said:

Most people, sadly, seem to be done with Game of Thrones alltogether. 

Don't blame them, but it doesn't change the fact that the door is open for a resurrection in any potential sequel, whenever or whatever that maybe.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:53 PM, Pacala said:

if Arya survived being stabbed more then once, then Daenerys is doing great.

I don't want to re-watch that rubbish again, did Jon stab her on her right side by any chance :laugh: ? With D and D you can't rule it out.

21 hours ago, darksellsword said:

This is a bit of a nutty theory but hear me out. If this happens in the books and it might well happen exactly as it did in this episode. We would be theorizing straight away that Daenerys would be resurrected just as much as we did with Jon, even more so. My theory is Daenerys may be a skinchanger. What if she has always had that ability but it took her death to allow her to actually become Drogon. She can by her own words make her dreams come true, it would fit perfectly with what we saw. Drogons unwillingness to kill Jon because Daenerys loves him. She may even in her heart of hearts understand why he had to stop her. She destroys the Iron throne to make sure no other Queen or King would ever sit on it. She picks up her own body and flies away with it, possibly believing she can find a red priestess in Essos that will resurrect her. Did anyone else notice that as Daenerys approaches the spot where she gives her speech that Drogons wings spread up as if they were her wings, simply a spectacle put in to inspire awe or is it foreshadowing Daenerys rebirth?

Hmmm so all that roaring was basically Drogon saying " You know nothing Jon Snow" ?

Yes I think this and evil Bran is strongly implied. I suspect this leans into the supernatural element of the story. Dany being Rhollor’s chosen and Bran using the green/ice magic to push his influence out. So Bran drove Dany to madness to make Jon kill her; this preventing the Lord of Light from spreading his influence across Westeros.

3 hours ago, Ser Hedge said:

Hmmm so all that roaring was basically Drogon saying " You know nothing Jon Snow" ?

Hahahaha Yeah, Daenerys and Ygritte are both inside Drogons head arguing over who Jon loved the most. He flew to the shadow lands beyond Asshai just to give his head some peace.

I'm quite sure that as far as D&D are concerned right now, Dany is dead, end of story, but they absolutely have left the door at least slightly ajar to bringing her back in a possible future sequel movie/miniseries/what have you. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was specifically done at HBO's request, either. 

I hope so, she got a shit ending, betrayed by everyone who seemed to disregard her actions to save the continent at her own expense.

Maybe Dany is brought back, has a baby and goes on a revenge rampage.

By the way, would her dying and being brought back remove the can't have children spell? Seems like a good way to get rid of it huh.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:24 PM, Cron said:

FACT:  We have seen at least two characters (Jon and Beric) resurrected...

i don't wanna spoil it for those who haven't read the books yet, but there's another certain someone who returns from the dead in grrm's version. 

As big of a cultural phenomenon Game of Thrones became, HBO probably left so many question marks at the end of the series for potential sequels/spinoffs so they make more money either in the near or far future. The Volantis line by Sam was obviously intentional.  As someone mentioned earlier, there will probably be some sequel about a resurrected Dany in Essos, in a decade or more, just to make more money.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, Areisius said:

Jon was regamortis dead when he was revived and he had over a dozen stab wounds.

I think you're right.

Also, of course, both ASOIAF and GoT have other examples of people being dead FAR longer than even Jon was when he was resurrected.

In the books, as I recall, Cat's body was in the river for weeks before she was resurrected, and of course "magic" in the show has resurrected people (such as in the crypts, I believe) who were dead far, far longer too.

This isn't CPR, it's complete reanimation, from Square One.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:16 AM, Vanadis said:

I agree, for this reason:

In the end, Game of Thrones turned out to be a standard fantasy story. Noble orphans go on a great adventure, face obstacles, fight evil, and end up as queen, king, and great adventurers after saving the realm(s).

In a standard fantasy story, it usually turns out that the main bad guy wasn't dead after all. So I assume that Dany is most likely alive and well somewhere.

Headshots, people. Headshots.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:40 PM, Ser Hedge said:

I don't want to re-watch that rubbish again, did Jon stab her on her right side by any chance :laugh: ? With D and D you can't rule it out.

Also, the heart, they called it? 

I distinctly saw her bleeding from the mouth and nose, right?

Lung? 

Esophagus?

I think I read somewhere that straight puncture wounds are unlikely to kill someone before the weapon is removed, allowing from hemorrhage to be fatal.

Or did Bland!Jon grow a pair andtwost the dagger? 

Evul, bro!

On 5/24/2019 at 11:55 AM, Queen‍‍‍‍‍‍ Alysanne‍‍™ said:

As big of a cultural phenomenon Game of Thrones became, HBO probably left so many question marks at the end of the series for potential sequels/spinoffs so they make more money either in the near or far future. The Volantis line by Sam was obviously intentional.  As someone mentioned earlier, there will probably be some sequel about a resurrected Dany in Essos, in a decade or more, just to make more money.

The HBO boss has said there will be no sequels. And with GRRM taking 9 years more to finish ADOS, there is no chance of a sequel.

Archived