Dany CAN (And Shall???) Rise Again!!!

34 minutes ago, Kaapstad said:

The HBO boss has said there will be no sequels. And with GRRM taking 9 years more to finish ADOS, there is no chance of a sequel.

Things change, martin will lose control eventually regardless of what he wants be it while he's still alive or after death. (Regardless of his Will, if there is a strong enough desire it's going to happen). 

I should also point out I wouldn't be surprised if martin was dead 9 years from now. There's a slim chance he finishes writing his final book....

9 hours ago, Cron said:

I think you're right.

Also, of course, both ASOIAF and GoT have other examples of people being dead FAR longer than even Jon was when he was resurrected.

In the books, as I recall, Cat's body was in the river for weeks before she was resurrected, and of course "magic" in the show has resurrected people (such as in the crypts, I believe) who were dead far, far longer too.

This isn't CPR, it's complete reanimation, from Square One.

I think they had Drogon fly off with her body to leave it open ended because either they were told to do so by the HBO execs or because RR Martin told them something or didn't tell them that Dany actually dies.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:42 AM, D-Shiznit said:

There will eventually be a sequel of some sorts, most likely decades form now, and you can book it that they will bring Dany back. That's why you pull the ol' body is unaccounted for trope, to leave room for a revival in the sequel.

As for how she comes back, the Red Priestess is the most likely way, another could be related to old Valyria and the doom, maybe Asshai related, or a new school of magic that they introduce in the sequel.

Yes, agreed.

I think it is inevitable that Dany will rise again, and there are MANY ways they could pull it off.

On 5/20/2019 at 10:32 AM, Megorova said:

What's in the east is a shadowbinder Quaithe. She can revive Dany.

I think the idea that Quaithe may be involved in Dany's resurrection is also a good one.

As with Kinvara, this could have been planned for a long time, and could explain why their characters were established in ASOIAF/GoT in the first place (so that when it happens, fewer people will be complaining that it was "out of the blue," or "not set up" or "not foreshadowed" or "wasn't earned").

On 5/20/2019 at 10:35 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Sam says “He was last spotted flying east toward Volant". before Bronn cuts him off. What's in Volantis you ask? Kinvara, the High Priestess of the Red Temple of Volantis, who was convinced that Dany was the One who was promised, and would be happy to bring her back.

Exactly.

It is known.

HARR!!!

On 5/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Megorova said:

1. Maybe, that's the point. Dany's role is to bring back dragons.

2. If there really was no need for Dany, then Drogon would have just burned her body together with Iron Throne, but he didn't, because she is needed. To hatch more dragon eggs. And Quaithe can help her with that. Supposedly there are more dragon eggs at Asshai. What if dragons are something more than animals? What if they do have intelligence and magical powers? Supposedly dragons are fire made flash. So they are R'hllor's children, and are carriers of his power. What if R'hllor wants dragons to be reborn in the world? So it's likely, that Dany's main purpose was/still is to become the Mother of Dragons. Of more dragons than those first three.

Great thoughts, I love your ideas here!

I think it would be awesome if the sequel features Dany hatching more dragon eggs, then heads back to Westeros for Round Two as UnDany.

(I do believe such a sequel would also have to feature at least one other major antagonist as well, though, in a three-way Battle Royale.)

On 5/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, Red Dragon10 said:

Let her rest in peace.  What she thought she wanted, was the IT, though the draw of its power corrupted her and the pursuit of it steadily stole everything from her.  What she really wanted, was to be loved and truly understood.  Let her go and be with Rhaego and Drogo. 

I think I understand your sentiment.  She had a very troubled and traumatic life, and there's something to be said for her resting in peace after all of that.

But I think it's inevitable that she'll return.  If she does, would you watch such a sequel, or no?

5 minutes ago, Cron said:

I think I understand your sentiment.  She had a very troubled and traumatic life, and there's something to be said for her resting in peace after all of that.

But I think it's inevitable that she'll return.  If she does, would you watch such a sequel, or no?

I think a question is, what role would she play? Will they do another character assassination on her(and then literal assassination) or not? Id rather not have her be brought back just to die again because she was "evil". Part of me wants her to come back but maybe not as a main character - have something demonstrate she's alive in some way and found happiness, maybe with a child. The idea of Dany coming back pregnant is cool but I don't know how much happiness she could have once she's revived? I'm not sure how to make this consistent though since if you're brought back from the dead there appears to be some task for you to complete. 

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Daeny would come back.

Her character is all about vengeance against her enemies. You fuck with her, she fucks you ten times harder in return. To be betrayed and assassinated in cold blood by her lover would not allow for a peaceful slumber. Her soul is screaming in Valhalla to return.

Her face is intact, her body is mostly intact, and she's flying to where someone can revive her. Daeny is coming back, 100%. And with her comes the fiery rain.

9 hours ago, Cron said:

I'd likely watch anything they put out.  I'm just interested in that universe, so no matter how much I moan about it, I'd probably watch it.  I would at least try it out.  If it bores me, I'd probably drift away. 

On 5/25/2019 at 9:03 PM, Techmaester said:

Things change, martin will lose control eventually regardless of what he wants be it while he's still alive or after death. (Regardless of his Will, if there is a strong enough desire it's going to happen). 

I should also point out I wouldn't be surprised if martin was dead 9 years from now. There's a slim chance he finishes writing his final book....

I find it disgusting when people go on about GRRM dying, have some fucking compassion. Maybe you'll be dead 9 years from now and you won't have to worry about a novel being released.

7 hours ago, tallTale said:

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Daeny would come back.

Her character is all about vengeance against her enemies. You fuck with her, she fucks you ten times harder in return. To be betrayed and assassinated in cold blood by her lover would not allow for a peaceful slumber. Her soul is screaming in Valhalla to return.

Her face is intact, her body is mostly intact, and she's flying to where someone can revive her. Daeny is coming back, 100%. And with her comes the fiery rain.

Lol the denial is real. HBO won't do anymore sequels and George can't even finish ASOIAF to write a sequel where Dany gets resurrected (let's be real she's gonna die in the books too). There's always fan fiction and head-canons, so I guess it could be done that way

17 minutes ago, Wholala17 said:

Lol the denial is real. HBO won't do anymore sequels and George can't even finish ASOIAF to write a sequel where Dany gets resurrected (let's be real she's gonna die in the books too). There's always fan fiction and head-canons, so I guess it could be done that way

The books may never get done and the show has become glorified fan fiction so no difference lol 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:39 PM, Larger than Average Finger said:

It will depend on what level of control Martin has on this property, and how he intends to exert it.

What happens next to Arya, Jon and a resurrected Danny are all stories someone would pitch, and might get produced, if the contractual situation allows it.

I think you're right.

What would you rather see from this point forward, a sequel with the surviving characters and UnDany, or the prequel I've heard they actually have in development?

I think HBO may eventually bring on Season 9 with resurrected Dany if the prequels fall through. No matter how fan fictionish the plot becomes, GOT is guaranteed to make money, and no matter how much ppl complain, they'll still watch it. I've loved many TV Shows before, but once they ended, I forgot about them. However GOT is proving to be the one show I can't let go.

My personal opinion is that as GRRM has opened such dense and complicated, multi character and simultaneous story arcs that he fears if he bungles the wrapping up and ending, he would lose his reputation. The backlash against D&D is not gonna help either. So  since he is already rich and respected, he might as well just not finish it, giving us the ultimate bittersweet ending (i.e. could be the one you want but you'll never know). 

Gee, I didn't realise Kinvara had such an impact on people. Her name is the same as an Irish town I used to live in. 

They brought back Jon only for him to be completely useless. Might as well bring back Dany. Maybe she can take out Jon with a little help from Lady Stoneheart.

Archived