Jump to content
Cron

Dany CAN (And Shall???) Rise Again!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Oh, there would be a purpose, all right.

Sequel money.

HARR!!

The purpose for all of it! I was thinking last night, no matter how much a lot of people hated Season 8, it was still successful. The point is to keep the viewers watching, and it seems they achieved that purpose.

I'm putting my money on Arya exploring west of Westeros for the first spinoff series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vision would suggest she is not resurrected. Recall that after she approached the throne, she was reunited with Drogo. Presumably this means she is in an afterlife.

That said, I like that the ending left us with a world that goes on. Not for sequel purposes, but to leave possibilities and future conflicts. So the story ends with some possibility of her resurrection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why would LoL even grant her the favor?

I don't see why she was allowed to touch the Iron Throne. Jon should've offed her earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TwiceBorn said:

So why would LoL even grant her the favor?

Because the writers of the story will write that he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vanadis said:

I agree, for this reason:

In the end, Game of Thrones turned out to be a standard fantasy story. Noble orphans go on a great adventure, face obstacles, fight evil, and end up as queen, king, and great adventurers after saving the realm(s).

In a standard fantasy story, it usually turns out that the main bad guy wasn't dead after all. So I assume that Dany is most likely alive and well somewhere.
 

I agree that Dany is alive and well somewhere.

The "unaccounted for body" is a big, big giveaway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is a bit of a nutty theory but hear me out. If this happens in the books and it might well happen exactly as it did in this episode. We would be theorizing straight away that Daenerys would be resurrected just as much as we did with Jon, even more so. My theory is Daenerys may be a skinchanger. What if she has always had that ability but it took her death to allow her to actually become Drogon. She can by her own words make her dreams come true, it would fit perfectly with what we saw. Drogons unwillingness to kill Jon because Daenerys loves him. She may even in her heart of hearts understand why he had to stop her. She destroys the Iron throne to make sure no other Queen or King would ever sit on it. She picks up her own body and flies away with it, possibly believing she can find a red priestess in Essos that will resurrect her. Did anyone else notice that as Daenerys approaches the spot where she gives her speech that Drogons wings spread up as if they were her wings, simply a spectacle put in to inspire awe or is it foreshadowing Daenerys rebirth?

Edited by darksellsword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, House Balstroko said:

Ha!! At this point, I'm more interested in what Arya "Columbus" Stark founds out West.

Yes. The series could have started with Arya sailing west and I would have preferred that over what we got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's dead. D&D may have made some dumb writing choices, but they won't do that shit.

 

I could see a spinoff where Jon and the Wildlings fight leftover White Walkers and other horrors in the Lands of Always Winter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, neutralbhad said:

She's dead. D&D may have made some dumb writing choices, but they won't do that shit.

 

I could see a spinoff where Jon and the Wildlings fight leftover White Walkers and other horrors in the Lands of Always Winter

but they won't do that? Oh my friend never discount their potential for horrific writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Drogon had incinerated her or if she had simply been buried somewhere or thrown into the sea, then I'd say no with absolute certainty - we won't see her ever again.

We didn't see that however, instead we saw Drogon flying away (which is a open ending in itself) clutching her still warm body, to places unknown - in this fictitious world, where resurrections are an actual thing and where she even has followers who have this power.

Will Daenerys come back in a potential sequel? 
As long as her body is missing, it's not impossible.
Extremely unlikely yes, but not impossible.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also dropped the part about Drogon heading towards Volantis for a reason, it's ground zero for the Followers of the Lord of light as there is a massive Temple of the Lord of Light in Volantis, home of the High Priestess Kinvara, a staunch believer in Dany as the One who was promised. Easy and plausible pathway to a resurrection.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

The vision would suggest she is not resurrected. Recall that after she approached the throne, she was reunited with Drogo. Presumably this means she is in an afterlife.

Though Mirri Maz Duur said, that Dany will be reunited with Drogo, only after she will give birth to a living child, and that didn't happened yet.

So as a potential siquel - Drogon brought Dany either to Quaithe, or to that other red pristess, and she was revived. Then later it turned out, that Dany is pregnant (their baby (or twin-babies) was conceived either on their way to Winterfell, or at that waterfall in The North). So Dany will give birth to Jon's child, or children, and that will "cure" her madness, or she will die after chilbirth, like Lyanna.

Also, Dany being reunited with Drogo and Rhaego, doesn't mean, that she will die young. She could live out her life, with her and Jon's child/children, and will die many years later from old age, and only then will go into afterlife.

For example, when Jon died first time, he didn't went anywhere. That's because his mission, whatever it was, wasn't over yet. So it's possible, that even though Dany died, her soul also didn't went anywhere, because she will be revived. Also, when Berric Dondarrion served his purpose, the reason why Lord of Light revived him (to bring Arya to that room with Melisandre), he died. But Jon is still alive. Which means, that he is still needed. And Dany also hasn't accomplished whatever she was supposed to do. She was given great powers, and it's unlikely that the purpose of them was to burn Dothraki Khals, or to bring into the world only one dragon. Dany is the Mother of dragons, that's her main purpose. So, because now there's only one dragon left, and it can't self-reproduce, it means, that Dany will be revived, to hatch more dragons, and to give birth to a living child. That child, and more dragons, until that will happen, Dany won't go into afterlife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 4:42 AM, Vanadis said:

In my version of this story, she's not dead, and Drogo uses dragon magic to heal her.
Of course, he could just use the same dragon magic to raise her from the dead.
Dragons healing is not established, but this has turned into a pretty standard fantasy story, and there is basis for dragons healing people in other fantasy stories. Dragon Heart for example.

Great food for thought.

I was thinking similar things while watching 806.

There are many ways (in the world of ASOIAF) that Dany could be resurrected, and I found it very interesting that her body was unaccounted for and Bran expressed interest in Drogon at the end.  I think the odds are excellent that Bran wasn't asking out of idle curiosity.  I believe he knew more than he was letting on, and/or intended to follow up and look into it further.  What would be the point of any of that if it's all over and Dany is permanently gone? 

In my view, these are strong reasons to suspect it's not really, fully, over, and that UnDany WILL return for the (eventual) sequel.

And why not??  Jon is already undead himself, as have been Catelyn, Beric, and over 100,000 members of the Night King's army.  No reason to believe that this story cannot accommodate just one more undead person (Dany).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Megorova said:

Though Mirri Maz Duur said, that Dany will be reunited with Drogo, only after she will give birth to a living child, and that didn't happened yet.

So as a potential siquel - Drogon brought Dany either to Quaithe, or to that other red pristess, and she was revived. Then later it turned out, that Dany is pregnant (their baby (or twin-babies) was conceived either on their way to Winterfell, or at that waterfall in The North). So Dany will give birth to Jon's child, or children, and that will "cure" her madness, or she will die after chilbirth, like Lyanna.

Also, Dany being reunited with Drogo and Rhaego, doesn't mean, that she will die young. She could live out her life, with her and Jon's child/children, and will die many years later from old age, and only then will go into afterlife.

For example, when Jon died first time, he didn't went anywhere. That's because his mission, whatever it was, wasn't over yet. So it's possible, that even though Dany died, her soul also didn't went anywhere, because she will be revived. Also, when Berric Dondarrion served his purpose, the reason why Lord of Light revived him (to bring Arya to that room with Melisandre), he died. But Jon is still alive. Which means, that he is still needed. And Dany also hasn't accomplished whatever she was supposed to do. She was given great powers, and it's unlikely that the purpose of them was to burn Dothraki Khals, or to bring into the world only one dragon. Dany is the Mother of dragons, that's her main purpose. So, because now there's only one dragon left, and it can't self-reproduce, it means, that Dany will be revived, to hatch more dragons, and to give birth to a living child. That child, and more dragons, until that will happen, Dany won't go into afterlife.

That's not actually what Mirri Maz Dur said. Dany asked her "when will he be has he was," not when she would be reunited with him. The prophecy (or curse) was that he would never be a real living person again. And the fact that she would never give birth was a thing listed among things that would never happen, providing another bit of nasty news.

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.

 

As for this point about whether she would die young: she did die young, in precisely the manner predicted in the vision. Her vision of approaching the throne was replicated essentially precisely as the vision predicted. Given the accuracy of the vision up to that point, it is reasonable that the rest also accurately predicted her entering the afterlife.

Edited by Forlong the Fat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 1:44 AM, Lord Varys said:

I'm pretty sure the point of this completely nonsensical flight away is precisely to keep this kind of speculation open. Targaryens are cremated. Why didn't they cremate Dany?

Now that you mention it, is it possible to cremate her? :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Megorova said:

Also, when Berric Dondarrion served his purpose, the reason why Lord of Light revived him

We are only shown people being revived by the red god when a red priest says the rites.  Berric lost his priest back on that silly Westeros hero's gone wild adventure/wight hunt. 

We dont know the red gods plans, never have.  The red woman only saw pieces and guessed what he wanted, usually being wrong.   Could many reasons he wants Dany back, or none, we frankly dont know, and most likely never will.   Unless after Martians death his estate holders decide they need more cash and sell off the rights to make a sequal down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bradam said:

We are only shown people being revived by the red god when a red priest says the rites.  Berric lost his priest back on that silly Westeros hero's gone wild adventure/wight hunt. 

We dont know the red gods plans, never have.  The red woman only saw pieces and guessed what he wanted, usually being wrong.   Could many reasons he wants Dany back, or none, we frankly dont know, and most likely never will.   Unless after Martians death his estate holders decide they need more cash and sell off the rights to make a sequal down the road. 

Good point. They could use the resurrection to fully characterize the red god.

Edited by tallTale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×