Why was Bran looking for Drogon?

7 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Because drogon is large, dangerous and has the brain of pigeon.

What makes you say that? Tyrion said “Dragons are intelligent, more intelligent than men according to some Maesters. They have affection for their friends and fury for their enemies.” There's a lot more where that came from.

6 hours ago, Nictarion said:

You’ve never read The Princess and the Queen I see...

Then explain. A dragon killed a Targaryen in that story? Was it maybe ordered to? Doesn't mean that all dragons would. It seems logical that Drogon would not want to kill Jon because he has Targaryen blood. Also, Jon had been flying on its brother, and Drogon saw that he had kissed Daenerys. He didn't see Jon killing Daenerys. He did see Jon caring for Daenerys after she was dead.

4 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Then explain. A dragon killed a Targaryen in that story? Was it maybe ordered to? Doesn't mean that all dragons would. It seems logical that Drogon would not want to kill Jon because he has Targaryen blood. Also, Jon had been flying on its brother, and Drogon saw that he had kissed Daenerys. He didn't see Jon killing Daenerys. He did see Jon caring for Daenerys after she was dead.

TPatQ is the story of the Targaryen “Dance of Dragons” it’s literally Targs killing other Targs nonstop with their dragons. And then at the end Queen Rhaenyra is fed to her brother Aegon’s dragon alive. So yes they were ordered too but they certainly have no qualms about roasting people that have Valyrian blood. 

4 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Maybe Drogon went back to Valyria, where all the dragons come from. To bring the Targaryen queen to her family's home so long ago. And to brood alone, without humans nearby.

That’s what I’d assume. Or to the Dothraki Sea where he took her after she first rode him. Kind of wish we got that scene. 

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

That’s what I’d assume. Or to the Dothraki Sea where he took her after she first rode him. Kind of wish we got that scene. 

Agree.  My personal fanfiction is that he's going back to get some eggs that his siblings laid in Essos, and take them to Valyria.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

What makes you say that? Tyrion said “Dragons are intelligent, more intelligent than men according to some Maesters. They have affection for their friends and fury for their enemies.” There's a lot more where that came from.

That was a joke as Drogon melted the IT but didn't attempt to hurt Jon.

2 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

In S7 when Jon took off his hand and petted Drogon's muzzle and he purred like a kitten.

Drogon knows Jon is not only a Targaryen, but a family member, and would never hurt him.

It's why Jon could control Rhaegal.

I'm not sure we can make that leap.

Even if we could, it doesn't explain why drogon attacked just the throne.

8 hours ago, Domeric Stark said:

I think this is because Jon is a Targaryen, so Drogon did not want to kill someone with Valyrian blood

Possible. But considering he killed Dany, I would've thought all bets were off. Dragons are known to attack targaryens.

8 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Oh I agree, it was completely out of place but that's what the show-writers were trying to say.

Well, I haven't seen eye to eye with the show runners on a lot of things this season. So no surprise :)

We don’t know, it doesn’t matter. 

Nothing matters, nothing has a purpose, just listen to the actors reciting the lines Dan and Dave want you to hear, look at the pretty cgi sky and don’t ask questions. Season 8 in one sentence. 

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Agree.  My personal fanfiction is that he's going back to get some eggs that his siblings laid in Essos, and take them to Valyria.

Or he went off to find a Red Priest, seeing as that they have been shown to literally work wonders for people with stab wounds in their chest.

Dear @Cas Stark and @Kyll.Ing., that was exactly my thought when they stated that the dragon was seen flying east. It might carry eggs and bring Deanerys to a Red Priest so that she can be resurrected.

Together with Jon as an undead king in the North I don't feel like we got a sweet ending but a very troubling one.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:15 AM, Apoplexy said:

Because drogon is large, dangerous and has the brain of pigeon. He choose to melt a chair when dany died afterall, instead of getting the person who did it.

HEY! Blame the writers for the painfully forced symbolism. Drogon wanted to kill jon but the writers wouldn't let him.

Archived