Use one word to describe the series finale.

Areisius

3 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I agree. IMO whenever they didn't use the dialogue directly out of the novels, it wasn't so great straight from the beginning. Whenever I saw Tyrion's first scene with all the sex workers, I just thought this ridiculous and just such a misrepresentation of his character. 

It was ridiculous. As ridiculous as Littlefinger’s “play with her arse”, although I still think the latter was a bigger red flag.

3 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

But yeah maybe that's just me, I don't care so much for adaptations in general. They are rarely done well or are true to the source material.

I agree, mostly. I do think there are adaptations that, despite not being super faithful to the source material still manage to be entertaining in their own right, and more importantly, are respectful to its source. Certainly not the case w/ GoT, on both counts. 

• 1 month later...

This is difficult because several terms immediately come to mind, and none of them flattering.

I will have to go with Unsurprising as my second choice, and Vindicating as my first, in complete agreement with @The Bard of Banefort.

Virtually nothing about the series finale and eighth season in general was appreciably different than the previous three seasons at least; it was more of the same abysmally written, poorly structured, unevenly distributed, thematically unsound, utterly nihilistic, sexist, racist, and albeist garbage, and the complete opposite of the books of which it professes to be an adaptation.

Abomination

in every way possible. Another word would be:

staring/walking

So many shots of characters walking slowly and staring. Ie showing off the actors.

I mean if you cut those scenes down to far smaller, like better shows would do, then the episode would probably only be about 30 mins long. Or less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived